Author Topic: Obamacare Call Center Will Not Offer Health-Care Benefits to Employees  (Read 578 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
If it smells like a duck....

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/354556/obamacare-call-center-will-not-offer-health-care-benefits-employees-eliana-johnson

Obamacare Call Center Will Not Offer Health-Care Benefits to Employees

In order to ensure Americans understand how to access the benefits available to them when many provisions of the Affordable Care Act go online October 1, the Obama administration announced last month that it is setting up a call center that will be accessible to Americans 24 hours a day.

One branch of that call center will be located in California’s Contra Costa County, where, reportedly, 7,000 people applied for the 204 jobs. According to the Contra Costa Times, however, “about half the jobs are part-time, with no health benefits — a stinging disappointment to workers and local politicians who believed the positions would be full-time.” The county supervisor, Karen Mitchoff, called the hiring process “a comedy of errors” and said she “never dreamed [the jobs] would be part-time.”

The Times indicates that a job posting advertised all of the jobs as full-time, and one call center employee, who said no reason for the apparent change was provided, told the paper, ”It reminded me of that George Clooney movie where he goes around the country firing people [Up in the Air]. The woman said, ‘I know you were led to believe you would be full-time, but things have changed. . . . You are actually ‘part-time intermittent.’”

The Contra Costa employees are currently in training, and the call center — one of three based in California — is set to go live on October 1.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
what a clusterfuck

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
We warned you guys.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
We warned you guys.
The funniest part is that you're still under the delusion McCain or Romney would be better.  Different, but I doubt better...  Republicans will probably win the next spot and we'll get some fucking twit like Romney or Santorum and don't think for a second shit won't be fucking just as stupid-retarded in a different way, especially if a jerkoff like Santorum wins.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
The funniest part is that you're still under the delusion McCain or Romney would be better.  Different, but I doubt better...  Republicans will probably win the next spot and we'll get some fucking twit like Romney or Santorum and don't think for a second shit won't be fucking just as stupid-retarded in a different way, especially if a jerkoff like Santorum wins.
You think McCain would have passed this shot bill Hugo?

I agree they would have been shitter in different ways but on the economy and this bill they would have been light years better.

The biggest problem the country was facing in 08 an still now was the economy, this bill has had a huge part in hindering its recovery so without it....

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
You think McCain would have passed this shot bill Hugo?

I agree they would have been shitter in different ways but on the economy and this bill they would have been light years better.

The biggest problem the country was facing in 08 an still now was the economy, this bill has had a huge part in hindering its recovery so without it....

He'd have passed something else, equally fucked up. Maybe not in health, but in some other area.

There's little difference between McCain and Obama, Romney and Obama, Santorum and Obama or even Palin and Obama. The problem is that the partisan fools don't see that because of their big party-issued blinders.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
He'd have passed something else, equally fucked up. Maybe not in health, but in some other area.

There's little difference between McCain and Obama, Romney and Obama, Santorum and Obama or even Palin and Obama. The problem is that the partisan fools don't see that because of their big party-issued blinders.
If you read my post you would see I agree with you...the point being is it probably wouldnt have been something that would have hindered the economic recovery with the same magnitude of obamacare.

Obamacare has stifled and smothered the little economic drive we have had since the recession, dont believe me go read my thread about the survery from the small business counsel.

McCain/Romney certainly would have put their own stamp of stupidity on the US but it wouldnt have been on the one area we sorely needed to bounce back.

avxo

• Getbig V
If you read my post you would see I agree with you...the point being is it probably wouldnt have been something that would have hindered the economic recovery with the same magnitude of obamacare.

Obamacare has stifled and smothered the little economic drive we have had since the recession, dont believe me go read my thread about the survery from the small business counsel.

McCain/Romney certainly would have put their own stamp of stupidity on the US but it wouldnt have been on the one area we sorely needed to bounce back.

I agree - I only posted to reinforce the point you made.

As for obamacare (aka the ACA) I think it's a travesty and a horribly misguided piece of legislation. There were arguments that I think made sense for some changes to what we had and some things I would have supported (e.g. every American gets catastrophic coverage via Medicare automatically, since we already require hospitals to provide such coverage, and then, private insurance can cover whatever else you want and can afford).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I agree - I only posted to reinforce the point you made.

As for obamacare (aka the ACA) I think it's a travesty and a horribly misguided piece of legislation. There were arguments that I think made sense for some changes to what we had and some things I would have supported (e.g. every American gets catastrophic coverage via Medicare automatically, since we already require hospitals to provide such coverage, and then, private insurance can cover whatever else you want and can afford).
]

Exactly - I would have been ok w some type of plan limited to catastrophic care since it would not have entailed all the invasive bs w Obamacare, the reworking the tax code, the vast increase in powers to the IRS and HHS, etc. 

The cost would have been minimal relative to obamacare and that is really all that what is needed for most people currently wo coverage.  .

avxo

• Getbig V
]

Exactly - I would have been ok w some type of plan limited to catastrophic care since it would not have entailed all the invasive bs w Obamacare, the reworking the tax code, the vast increase in powers to the IRS and HHS, etc. 

The cost would have been minimal relative to obamacare and that is really all that what is needed for most people currently wo coverage.  .

It actually is crazy how sensible reforms were completely ignored in favor of a grandiose plan that could only result in a clusterfuck.

Same with new tax code... instead of the democrats saying, "well; instead of raising taxes indiscriminately, let's trim fat that's not needed" and the republicans saying "well, let's not just cut taxes indiscriminately, let's close loopholes and cut things that make sense" we get fighting and bickering.