Author Topic: Obamacares Hindrance on the Economy Continues...  (Read 4439 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Obamacares Hindrance on the Economy Continues...
« on: July 28, 2013, 09:41:48 AM »
http://www.uschambersmallbusinessnation.com/community/q2-2013-small-business-survey

"The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s latest quarterly small business survey finds that Washington policies continue to hamper hiring and growth, with over a quarter of small businesses saying they have lost employees in the last year."

Key Findings

Health Care Law is Top Concern

•Concern about Obamacare has increased by 10-points since June 2011 and by 4 points since last quarter.
 •71% of small businesses say the health care law makes it harder to hire.
 •Only 30% say they are prepared for the requirements of the law, including participation in the marketplaces.
 •Among small businesses that will be impacted by the employer mandate, one-half of small businesses say that they will either cut hours to reduce full time employees OR replace full time employees with part-time workers to avoid the mandate. 24% say they will reduce hiring to stay under 50 employees.

I guess now that we have "passed the bill to find out whats in it" we can talk about nullifying to to prevent what we now know?

how do all the supporters of this bill feel about it now?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Obamacares Hindrance on the Economy Continues...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 09:43:07 AM »
Outlook for Hiring Remains Grim

•77% continue to think the U.S. economy is on the wrong track. However, small businesses are more optimistic about their local economy and individual business.
 •The majority (61%) of small businesses do not have plans to hire next year.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 09:44:42 AM »
Small Businesses Looking for Legislative Solutions, Not More Regulation
 •Concerns about regulation have increased significantly from 35% last quarter to 42% now.
•Small businesses are looking for leadership on issues that will remove barriers and encourage growth. •88% of all small businesses support addressing entitlement spending to resolve America’s growing financial challenges and escalating debt.
 •83% support Congressional efforts to reform the tax code—with the majority focusing on making it less complex.
 •81% of small businesses surveyed believe the immigration system is broken and needs to be reformed.
 •In contrast to the President’s recent speech pushing new energy regulations, 90% of small businesses support easing EPA regulations and opening up more federal lands for drilling.

The only thing that scares small businesses more than what Washington has already done (23%) is what the federal government will do next (63%). 78% of small businesses are concerned about the prospect of Nancy Pelosi regaining her speakership following the 2014 elections.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 05:35:05 PM »
but I guess since a far left think tank says everything is all roses this information is not important, right?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 07:03:33 PM »
but I guess since a far left think tank says everything is all roses this information is not important, right?

:D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 04:16:04 PM »
oh come on now, none of you fundy liberals want to touch this?

you guys were all for this bill, parroting nut case pelosi "we have to pass it, to see whats in it"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 12:48:12 PM »
http://www.cnbc.com/id/100921864

How fucked up is this? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 01:31:01 PM »
In this case the ideology and the insurance companies both worked together.
L

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 04:10:06 PM »
To be completely open and honest since the passage (start of implementation) of Obama care....my office is actively exploring insurance options we can sell and market.....we are not in the insurance market, but it looks like we soon will be.

I personally think OC is a pos....most smart company will fracture and segment their business structure...one company of 100 now 3 companies at 33...ect.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 04:22:23 PM »
To be completely open and honest since the passage (start of implementation) of Obama care....my office is actively exploring insurance options we can sell and market.....we are not in the insurance market, but it looks like we soon will be.

I personally think OC is a pos....most smart company will fracture and segment their business structure...one company of 100 now 3 companies at 33...ect.
I dont know enough about the ins and outs of obamacare these days to know if that will work. If the companies are subsidaries of a larger company whether or not that works etc.

I dont know if I see many companies doing that just from the stand point of having to keep track of multiple sets of books, not being able to take advantage of tax implications of the different businesses etc. Stricly from an accounting/tax stand point it doesnt seem to practical but then again who knows how high the costs of staying together and conforming to the economy killing bill would be.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 04:43:33 PM »
nobody still?

I mean this board had no shortage of supporters before this bill passed

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 06:43:28 PM »

So, what, a right-wing lobbying group is somehow more reliable than a left-wing thinktank?  ::)

Same ol' retardo.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 06:55:34 PM »
So, what, a right-wing lobbying group is somehow more reliable than a left-wing thinktank?  ::)

Same ol' retardo.
lol the US Chamber of Commerce is a right wing lobby group?

hahaha only in the mind of a delusional liberal...come on albert, you supported this bill didnt you?

do you still support it inspite of the obvious negative impact it has had on the economy?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 07:09:44 PM »
lol the US Chamber of Commerce is a right wing lobby group?

What do you think the US Chamber of Commerce is?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 07:10:27 PM »
What do you think the US Chamber of Commerce is?
not a right wing lobby group

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 07:11:52 PM »
not a right wing lobby group

Then what is it?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »
I know you think it is a government office like the GAO or something, but as you are easily fooled and rarely bother to become informed on any subject you spout off on, you failed to grasp the fact that the Chamber of Commerce is just a lobbying group. That's all they are, that's all they claim to be.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 07:16:47 PM »
per their website "The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions. Our members range from mom-and-pop shops and local chambers to leading industry associations and large corporations. They all share one thing in common—they count on the Chamber to be their voice in Washington, D.C."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 07:18:19 PM »
I know you think it is a government office like the GAO or something, but as you are easily fooled and rarely bother to become informed on any subject you spout off on, you failed to grasp the fact that the Chamber of Commerce is just a lobbying group. That's all they are, that's all they claim to be.
I never said it wasnt a lobby group brainchild, and who is rarely informed?

I said it wasnt a right wing lobby group....unless being pro business make you right wing?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 07:23:50 PM »
I never said it wasnt a lobby group brainchild, and who is rarely informed?

I said it wasnt a right wing lobby group....unless being pro business make you right wing?

Straight up idiocy ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »

Straight up idiocy ::)
great rebuttle....::)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 07:43:09 PM »
great rebuttle....::)

Rebuttal. It's spelled rebuttal.

Completely misunderstood the source information in his opening post?CHECK.
Backtracked midway through the thread? CHECK.
Misspelled grammar school-level word? CHECK.

A trademark Tony McTones' thread.
The only thing missing is you bragging about how your university of phoenix degree gives you some special insight into the matter.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 07:54:10 PM »
Georgia commissiner on now sayong Obamacare to spike costs 100 percent in a lot of cases.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 08:04:35 PM »
Georgia commissiner on now sayong Obamacare to spike costs 100 percent in a lot of cases.

funny, I recently read on Bloomberg that the exchanges in NYC were going to drop the premiums for losers like you by 50% or more

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 08:21:25 PM »
Liberals didn't pass Obamacare. Insurance companies did.

Do u seriously think ideology means anything in Washington D.C? Just like pro wrestling, politics is "worked" to get people like u all excited.

Mmmm, last I heard, it was passed with a no republican vote while on recess even though the majority of the American people didn't want it. Where the fuck do you thing the term "they rammed down our throats" came from. It sure wasn't Lewinski saying that. The majority of Americans STILL don't want it......and oh, BTW, Obama and his cohorts are exempt from it.