Author Topic: Who was that huge black bodybuilder?  (Read 13153 times)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Who was that huge black bodybuilder?
« on: July 28, 2013, 04:27:36 PM »
You know, the one who never really competed but was always in the mags?

I keep thinking his name was Vic or Victor but I can't find anything and I can't remember his last name.

Thought I met him in Pomona once years ago at 24 hr fitness.

Can't find jackshit on Abdullah Aykutluh either. My Googling skills must be non-existent. Abdullah was just seriously shredded to the bone like nobody had ever seen. Some guys were close, but he was insanely ripped.

There was also this little dude that was seriously shredded that used to compete with Chris Faildo. Can't remember his name either.

Crazy.

Imagine if someone actually had answers/pics for alla me questioneses....

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Who was that huge black bodybuilder?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 04:28:38 PM »
Vic Richards.

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 04:35:54 PM »

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 05:11:00 PM »
I remember reading some stupid article in some schmoe rag saying he ate like fucking 20K calories a day. Something retarded like 25 chicken breasts and a bushel of rice. How many assholes (like me) really upped the calories because of that asshattery? Fuck, another serving of Weider 5000 MASS MAX! Comes in 20 pound bags (20 servings per bag)!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 06:06:15 PM »
I remember reading some stupid article in some schmoe rag saying he ate like fucking 20K calories a day. Something retarded like 25 chicken breasts and a bushel of rice. How many assholes (like me) really upped the calories because of that asshattery? Fuck, another serving of Weider 5000 MASS MAX! Comes in 20 pound bags (20 servings per bag)!

Michael Phelps ate 10-12k, maybe it's true?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 11:47:56 PM »

I remember being young and buying that mega mass 5000 crap. Was like drinkin plaster and set like cement in the stomach.
It was vile.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 11:58:40 PM »

And I'm sure some cyclists, soccer professionals (run about 1/2 marathon per game) and marathoners also but bbers... ::)

Till_I-Collapse

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 12:05:01 AM »
In before the usual debate starts: he did not compete, and there is no way to tell how good he was without being tested in an actual competition!!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 12:19:10 AM »
In before the usual debate starts: he did not compete, and there is no way to tell how good he was without being tested in an actual competition!!

His back was shit for his size.  Ronnie, Yates and TotaLee Awesome would wreck him.  He got a pro card in Africa or something.  I don't think he would have beat Shawn in Nationals in 87.   

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 12:25:46 AM »
True.

ukjeff

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 12:28:59 AM »

Lol, it was quoted as 30k actually, I remember the article in the magaizine at the time, I added the calories up in all the food he was supposed to eat and it only came to around 15k.
They couldnt even be bothered to check it themselves.
It was all clean foods as well (rice and chicken)

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 03:19:22 AM »

very shrinkable size.. put him in any serious cutting diet and will lose 50% of the mass
T

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 03:35:53 AM »
Looked great in pics. Gaspari beat him once in the Juniors I think. Couldn't handle it. Flew to Nigeria to get a pro card. Another deluded Bber who claims he was better than the guys actually winning the 'O.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2013, 03:36:45 AM »
This is a great interview and Vic comes off as a very likeable, intelligent guy.

Anybody who thinks that he was an idiot for not competing hardcore, read this.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php/58397-Where-Are-They-Now-with-Victor-Richards-by-Shawn-Ray

Disguised poverty - great stuff.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2013, 04:01:16 AM »

Vic claimed 30,000 - huge difference between that and what Phelps allegedly ate  :-\

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 04:45:43 AM »
SR: If Drug Testing were brought back would you support it?

VR: I would support responsible, objective medical monitoring to ensure healthy competition but not necessary drug testing just for the sake of drug testing.

HA HA....can't even answer yes or no because he knows he would be nothing without all the shit he took.  Objective medical monitoring...what a load of shit.

SR: What are you working on up there these days, any projects in the works?

VR: I am planning to develop a Wellness Center on large acreage or a mini farm. A place where people can come learn about holistic bodybuilding in a natural, serene setting while dining on organic meat, poultry, fruits and vegetables A full service wilderness retreat where people can get healthy and enjoy natural surroundings as well.

Holistic bodybuilding??  Still delusional as always...

SR: What are the Bodybuilders of today seriously in need of?

VR:Dignity

SR: At your age, do you feel the need to be carrying the body mass you have now necessary or is it just genetics weighing in over 300lbs today?

VR: At 5'10 I look too thin at 250 pounds, so I believe for me, it is primarily genetic.

Diginity?  thats all he could come up with?  Sure Vic...you at 5'10 and 250 is all genetic.   ::)  Like Tom Prince and how he would never drop below 230lbs. 

SR: Give me some of the best poundage’s you've lifted: Bench- Shoulder Press- Squat- Biceps Curl?

VR:I have bench pressed between 550 on incline bench and 600+ pounds flat bench; 200 pounds on dumbbell press. I’ve done shoulder presses in the range of 450 pounds; squatted nearly 900 pounds, as well I’ve done barbell curls up to 315 pounds and I never liked using a belt or knee wraps.

HA HA HA HA....OMG still like bullshitting about numbers.  Squatting nearly 900lbs....

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 10:36:17 AM »

Yeah, here's the kicker. I guaranfuckingtee you that he didn't eat that way before a workout or a race. I swam USA and Far Western for 15 years. You don't have food in your stomach when you jump in that pool. Period.

He may have eaten that way occasionally after long workouts, but he'd be taking a big shit in the morning before jumping in that pool to swim 30 sets of 800 meter flyes and free's ~

Personally, as a swimmer, I think he just threw some random shit out there for the media to "chew" up. I mean, seriously, after all, he ended up being a stoner. He may have even been stoned the night before his race. It's not impossible. As a matter of fact, it's more likely that he smoked up before his workouts than it is him eating a buttload of shit ~

Whatever. That one never did make sense. Yes, you can burn a 1000 calories in about 35 minutes of non-stop butterfly, but that doesn't mean you have to eat 13K to recover for your next workout, or for the one you just did.

I guarantee you that of all the people who believed this calorie bullshit were NOT competitive swimmers.  ::)

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2013, 10:55:04 AM »
yup

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2013, 10:58:34 AM »
why were you reading

some stupid article in some schmoe rag

?
c

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2013, 11:18:58 AM »
why were you reading

?

M&F, Flex, MD. The usual. I won't look at them now, but it was all we had back in the day...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2013, 11:26:53 AM »
M&F, Flex, MD. The usual. I won't look at them now, but it was all we had back in the day...
It's funny, I saw a Flex magazine yesterday, and only looked at the cover and thought "meh",
I thought the boat/yacht magazines were more interesting.

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2013, 11:58:20 AM »
Can't find jackshit on Abdullah Aykutluh either.

Still even seems to compete... Check out the 2012 Open Category pictures here:

http://www.ifbb.com/ifbb_universe/ifbb-universe-9/7dossier-event-sofia.html

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2013, 12:02:49 PM »
 :D at vic eating 25,000 per day 365

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2013, 12:05:37 PM »

Yup. The bad old days before the Internet.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2013, 12:12:35 PM »
he was a big dude. never got 'polished' or hard/separated. never had the ambition I guess. hundreds if not thousands of dudes in the US alone have similar genetics that nobody will ever see in a bodybuilding magazine.

reminds me of an unpolished Paul Dillett... even Kali Muscle is more impressive. His only 'claim to fame' was going toe-to-toe with dorian at a FIBO guest posing. Big and full, sure. But bbing is full of peaks and valleys, and it wasn't long before an offseason Dorian (or Nasser, or Dillett, or Dennis Wolf, or Markus Ruhl, ect.....) eclipsed his supposed 330lb/puffy&full 'benchmark'.

there was a 30page discussion on misc.fitness.weights back in like '96 on him RE all the rice he supposedly ate. having to wash his rice in the bathtub. never using testosterone or parabola, only primo and dbol, ect... all a bunch of crap.