Author Topic: Pitta done for the season  (Read 1627 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Pitta done for the season
« on: July 28, 2013, 07:04:16 PM »
Damn, I think it may be too hard to repeat. Too many factors going against the Ravens.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Pitta done for the season
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 03:05:36 PM »
Damn, I think it may be too hard to repeat. Too many factors going against the Ravens.
Shit happens  ;D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 11:19:38 AM »

Such as? Sure losing Pitta sucks but they still have Dickson(also playing in a contract year) and they signed Vischancoe. Next man up. It's the NFL. Injuries happen. Lock the Ravens in to win at least another 10-11 wins and compete for the AFC title. Could care less about homefield advantage because the Ravens have proven that they're road warriors. They're built for the road. Just qualify for the tournament. The defense is looking excellent in camp, especially along the D-line. Suggs has also looked great and Ladarius Webb is coming back.

The only concern I have is the WR position. I hate that the Ravens expect Jacoby Jones to be a #2 receiver. He is NOT a #2 receiver in the NFL. Just ask the Texans. Keep him where he excels, In the slot and on special teams. That being said, sign another veteran WR. There's quite a few available.

Repeating as champs is hard. No team has done it since the Patriots in 2004. But that doesn't mean that the Ravens won't be in the thick of it.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 05:10:26 PM »

Such as? Sure losing Pitta sucks but they still have Dickson(also playing in a contract year) and they signed Vischancoe. Next man up. It's the NFL. Injuries happen. Lock the Ravens in to win at least another 10-11 wins and compete for the AFC title. Could care less about homefield advantage because the Ravens have proven that they're road warriors. They're built for the road. Just qualify for the tournament. The defense is looking excellent in camp, especially along the D-line. Suggs has also looked great and Ladarius Webb is coming back.

The only concern I have is the WR position. I hate that the Ravens expect Jacoby Jones to be a #2 receiver. He is NOT a #2 receiver in the NFL. Just ask the Texans. Keep him where he excels, In the slot and on special teams. That being said, sign another veteran WR. There's quite a few available.

Repeating as champs is hard. No team has done it since the Patriots in 2004. But that doesn't mean that the Ravens won't be in the thick of it.

Oh, for sure. I'm still gonna lay my annual bet on them in Vegas. I am just not sure they can overcome the loss of receivers. I bet rRice is stoked though, he gets an escalator if he hits 550 yards receiving I think. I just hope Flacco is as good as he showed last year in the playoffs, as it won't matter who his receivers are. Like Peyton manning does.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 08:54:57 AM »
Oh, for sure. I'm still gonna lay my annual bet on them in Vegas. I am just not sure they can overcome the loss of receivers. I bet rRice is stoked though, he gets an escalator if he hits 550 yards receiving I think. I just hope Flacco is as good as he showed last year in the playoffs, as it won't matter who his receivers are. Like Peyton manning does.

I don't think Rice will hit that bonus because the Ravens are going to give the ball to Bernand Pierce another 50-70 carries this season. He's that good and the team is really high on his upside. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Rice his walking papers after the 2014 season and bump Pierce up to starter. I watched the Ravens practice live at Navy Memorial stadium last Sunday and watched Pierce get just as many first team reps as Rice. Rice is the clear starter but Pierce is the future, I think. Rice is gaining a reputation as a fumbler in big games, especially the playoffs. He had 3 in the 2013 postseason, including one in the superbowl.