Author Topic: Hugh Jackman Taunts His Twitter Followers: Do You Even Lift?  (Read 21731 times)

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Hugh Jackman Taunts His Twitter Followers: Do You Even Lift?
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2013, 01:45:41 AM »
This is a monster thread, just hilarious.  ;D  Cswol calling the dude out over something pointless. This board is seriously so much fun.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2013, 01:54:27 AM »
This is a monster thread, just hilarious.  ;D  Cswol calling the dude out over something pointless. This board is seriously so much fun.

Getbig in a nutshell :D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2013, 04:07:53 AM »
No, thats bullshit.

There is no way thats anywhere over 300. If it was actual real weight we would be seeing a fucking video from him by now, using as promo for Wolverine - The Revenge of the Flaming Beard.

Also if Hugh could actuall deadlift that he would be squatting some decent weight too and wouldn't have pixie sticks for legs.

It's not bullshit at all.    People don't seem to realize that there are variations to what weight plates look like.

He's tall and has long limbs.  Long arms are beneficial for dead lifting, and there's no correlation between leg size and what someone can pull.

I think people's perspectives are warped here - too much looking a stupid bodybuilding legs.
Y

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2013, 04:25:53 AM »
If the weights are not fake,there is 200 kg on the bar : 4x25 kg+2x20kg+2x15kg +2x5kg+bar20kg =200kg.

I see many experts here he he

I came down to that number as well. Looks legit.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2013, 04:32:24 AM »
Many poster's comments relating to the difficulty of pulling only 4 plates is very telling in this thread.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2013, 05:20:39 AM »
It's #462 or so. It's a mix of pound Iron Grips -

. The large non bumper is a #45, the end plate a #10.

The bumper look like faded out Rogues -

There is a a chance they came from a Rogue pound set, but that would only add a pound to each of the blue plates. On that set, they round up a bit, so #20 kg becomes #45.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2013, 05:53:04 AM »
Next I'm gona hit him with, your chicken diet is working its giving you great chicken legs!

Dude...you are a fat fuck with skinny ass legs yourself.  You aren't curling 225....you aren't benching what you claim you can.  You have never done a full range rep in your life.  Kill yourself.

P.S.  With all due respect.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2013, 05:55:07 AM »
No, thats bullshit.

There is no way thats anywhere over 300. If it was actual real weight we would be seeing a fucking video from him by now, using as promo for Wolverine - The Revenge of the Flaming Beard.

Also if Hugh could actuall deadlift that he would be squatting some decent weight too and wouldn't have pixie sticks for legs.

No way its over 300?  You logic is that its not because there is no video?  Wow.   ::)  You do realize that your deadlift weight is (usually) dramatically higher than your squat weight, right?

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2013, 06:18:18 AM »
No, thats bullshit.

Not necesarily, with his long limbs I'd bet that he pulls it like a stiff-leg deadlift where his body is set in a 1/4 squat position, this makes it easier for him to utilize his leverages, also he probarly dosen't Squat, if you don't Squat you are not going to be good at it. Pulling a Deadlift in a 1/4 Squat position is not going to build big legs no matter how many reps you do. If you want to build legs you've got to train them directly.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2013, 06:20:08 AM »
No, thats bullshit.

you're right, because no one can squat a lot of weight unless their legs are gigantic, right? ::)

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2013, 06:32:06 AM »
you're right, because no one can squat a lot of weight unless their legs are gigantic, right? ::)

One of the most impressive clips I've seen on youtube. No wraps, no belt and a full ROM.

I was a little bit worried for him the last few reps, his technique went right out the window but his
lower back is so strong I doubt he even noticed it.

Guy is a beast.

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2013, 06:56:40 AM »
No need for big legs (or big muscles) for been pound for pound strong.

A(almost) leg stiff deadlift here.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2013, 07:03:52 AM »
Boom, fuck Hugh jackman and fuck the haters!

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2013, 07:18:39 AM »
Krankenstein keep talking shit, I will keep Serving the SHUTDOWN! Fat fuck, not anymore clown boy! Call Keith Hernandez!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2013, 07:24:24 AM »
cswol. i want ya to know that i respect you for always putting yourself out there and not hiding anything. hell i even respect that you put up that 225 bench vid knowing damn well it was gonna get you torn to shreds. but we need to be honest about a few things here. okay?

1) you keep talking about jackman's chicken legs, but every picture you've ever posted has had you wearing shorts big enough to hide industrial machinery in.

2) you are carrying a LOT more fat than him. by a fairly wide margin. i know that you got that one pic taken from just the right angle where you held your stomach just right so you can kinda see the contours of your abs, but that's not fooling anyone.

3) have you ever done a squat or a deadlift? serious question, i've never heard you talk about a single lift besides bench and curling.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2013, 07:29:06 AM »
I just started training legs on a serious level, currently I have 27 inch quads! I'm 265lbs abs in, high jackman is 190 juiced to the gills! Not even in the same universe as me!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2013, 07:34:26 AM »
no lie dude, legs are pretty diesel. good job, never afraid to admit i was wrong.

but seriously, you have no idea what, if anything, he's running. and we know you're gassed up to high heaven. you SAY he's "juiced to the gills" but at the same time you're mocking him for not being very big. maybe, just maybe, the reason he doesn't look like he's swollen up on every hormone known to man is that... he's not running them.

seriously, for a guy who's been working out as long as he has (remember the first X-Men was like 12 years ago and he was in great shape then) a 460lb deadlift and his body shape isn't exactly superhuman. he's a guy who exercises religiously and has decent genetics for staying lean. might be why he's not dwayne johnson sized.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2013, 07:37:14 AM »
I've been on HRT maintenance dose up until 3 days ago!

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2013, 07:37:37 AM »
No need for big legs (or big muscles) for been pound for pound strong.

A(almost) leg stiff deadlift here.

Awesome pic and I agree with you 8)

My deadlift pic, 530lbs @ 175lbs BW

Sled race pic, 300lbs sled over 25meters @ 160lbs BW  (Harder than any max Squat or Dead, whole body was on fire,
                                                                              especially lower body)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2013, 07:39:47 AM »
I just started training legs on a serious level, currently I have 27 inch quads! I'm 265lbs abs in, high jackman is 190 juiced to the gills! Not even in the same universe as me!

great pic come stick

you are 50lbs away from abs my friend
T

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2013, 08:07:06 AM »
No mike in your mind I'm 50 lbs away from abs, maybe you can call Keith Hernandez and tell him your 4 beers from a 6 pack!

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2013, 08:13:04 AM »
Awesome pic and I agree with you 8)

My deadlift pic, 530lbs @ 175lbs BW

Sled race pic, 300lbs sled over 25meters @ 160lbs BW  (Harder than any max Squat or Dead, whole body was on fire,
                                                                              especially lower body)
Nice pics Whiskey, keep on training hard :)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2013, 09:22:31 AM »

Fat rolls <> Abs

Hope this helps.  I can talk shit because you're a delusional fat body.  Please let us know when you plan on making another bench press video with subsequent excuses like a little bitch.  I want to mark it on my calender. 

My guess is you will have Mike Arivilla-esque legs once you diet down (provided you can mentally handle dieting down, which is unlikely)

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2013, 09:28:26 AM »
Kramkenstein in person real life you would be SHUTDOWN!

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2013, 09:31:54 AM »
Nice pics Whiskey, keep on training hard :)

Thanks buddy, by the way, massive respect for pulling 270kg at any age let alone 62, looked easy for you, I'd bet that you could have gotten 285kg no problem that day. I bombed out on 250kg recently, I got it off the ground, up to my shins but just couldn't get my hips forward, I fought it until my knees started to buckle and I had to set it down, hopefully by the end of the year.

What was your max Deadlift?