Author Topic: 2014 Corvette C7 Stingray  (Read 5465 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
2014 Corvette C7 Stingray
« on: August 02, 2013, 12:12:36 AM »
The verdict? Damn good...
[/youtube]

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: 2014 Corvette C7 Stingray
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 12:18:00 AM »
2002 C5 Z06 405 LS6 or nothing ~ screw the new Vette's ... except maybe the ZR1 just for the sake of HP. It's still as ugly as hell as is the new Stingray wannabe retro.

Give us another ugly Camaro while your at it GM ~  ::)

Move on to the Fords. At least Ford can make a badass late model Mustang that will tear a stock C6 or C7 a new ass right out of the hole.

Don't worry about prejudice. I have both.  :)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 12:36:46 AM »
2002 C5 Z06 405 LS6 or nothing ~ screw the new Vette's ... except maybe the ZR1 just for the sake of HP. It's still as ugly as hell as is the new Stingray wannabe retro.

Give us another ugly Camaro while your at it GM ~  ::)

Move on to the Fords. At least Ford can make a badass late model Mustang that will tear a stock C6 or C7 a new ass right out of the hole.

Don't worry about prejudice. I have both.  :)

2002 has a 80s geeezer look to it. TOo old.

I like new vette, has a ferrari style at front, nice sideburn air vents and the sound is great.

all drugs - TPPIIP

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 03:33:56 AM »
2002 has a 80s geeezer look to it. TOo old.

I like new vette, has a ferrari style at front, nice sideburn air vents and the sound is great.

That's the thing only a ferrari should look like a ferrari and a corvette a corvette

If I'm buying a vette I DON'T want it to look like a ferrari

C6 was much better looking...

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 03:58:34 AM »
What's the point of it? to use it's abilities you have to break the law.

Also, it is not AWD, how's it going to perform in winter.

Budget grade b trend car.

What an inefficient item.

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 04:09:49 AM »
Has America actually ever made a proper drivers car ?

Looks wank.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 05:20:07 AM »
That's the thing only a ferrari should look like a ferrari and a corvette a corvette

Agreed. I hear so many people say "ooob, it looks like a Ferrari, GM finally did it right!" Like building a corvette that looks like a ferrari is some how the ultimate goal for GM. Fuck that, its not a euro sports car, gm needs to stop trying to make it a euro sports car and let it be a vette. Bunch of flaming queers in GMs design dept I tell ya.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 05:53:44 AM »

think of it as convergent design. Look at how similar  C6 and Ferrari 550/575 looked in the headlights and hood vent at the front. By the time the C6 came around, flip up lights had been eliminated. They are too heavy, and dirty up the air (the NSX got rid of flip up lights, and the Diablo went to 300 ZX headlamps previously).

Both the C6 and and the 599 (both bowing in 2006, I believe) are front engine GT/sports cars with heavy bottoms. And were criticized for that look. even with the black at the bottom of the back, which would break up the heft. Even the C5 and 550/575 had heavy bottoms, and similar round lamps.

Now look at the F12 and the C7, both are sleeker, still with phat booties. I don't think that GM intended to make it similar, it's just that the design envelope is damn nearly the same---long hood, two seater, short deck. Need cooling vents and air flow. LED lights. Better quality interior. Corvette had to step it up in that department. And it's getting noticed.
Think of it as the Z06 and the ZR1 means it has arrived to the party. The C7 means, it has come with the right jacket this time.

J. Richards

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 05:58:12 AM »
Lightning McQueen......

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 09:10:05 AM »
think of it as convergent design. Look at how similar  C6 and Ferrari 550/575 looked in the headlights and hood vent at the front. By the time the C6 came around, flip up lights had been eliminated. They are too heavy, and dirty up the air (the NSX got rid of flip up lights, and the Diablo went to 300 ZX headlamps previously).

Both the C6 and and the 599 (both bowing in 2006, I believe) are front engine GT/sports cars with heavy bottoms. And were criticized for that look. even with the black at the bottom of the back, which would break up the heft. Even the C5 and 550/575 had heavy bottoms, and similar round lamps.

Now look at the F12 and the C7, both are sleeker, still with phat booties. I don't think that GM intended to make it similar, it's just that the design envelope is damn nearly the same---long hood, two seater, short deck. Need cooling vents and air flow. LED lights. Better quality interior. Corvette had to step it up in that department. And it's getting noticed.
Think of it as the Z06 and the ZR1 means it has arrived to the party. The C7 means, it has come with the right jacket this time.
theyre trying to.compete/attract the ferrari crowd, which is fucking retatded. They will never be ferraro, and no one that is buying a ferrari is going to go "oh, you know whay, I think ill buy the vette instead!". Ferrari buyers sre buying the name more than anything.

I personally will buy a c6 evem if it cost more than the c7. Gm fucked it up this time trying to make their car compare to the euro supercars, theyve been trying to push the vette up into that class for a while now. Evidently they just gave up on being GM.

The car itself is awesome, but fuck GM for this abomination of body styling.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 09:26:43 AM »
theyre trying to.compete/attract the ferrari crowd, which is fucking retatded. They will never be ferraro, and no one that is buying a ferrari is going to go "oh, you know whay, I think ill buy the vette instead!". Ferrari buyers sre buying the name more than anything.

I personally will buy a c6 evem if it cost more than the c7. Gm fucked it up this time trying to make their car compare to the euro supercars, theyve been trying to push the vette up into that class for a while now. Evidently they just gave up on being GM.

Totally disagree. The car simply improves every generation while keeping a quite sane price point, low weight, good performance etc. The C7 is the best Corvette ever made, period.  The styling is subjective, as it is always, I happen to love it and I'm glad they didn't do an incremental refresh to the exterior like the C5 to C6. I don't see where GM is going for the Ferrari crowd...if they made the C7 a true mid-engine car w/a ~4.5L high strung V-8 and all that jazz, then yes, I would agree. But they didn't, it's still a Corvette.

This car now looks the part, has the interior quality/seat quality and the exterior (IMO) to match up with the super cars and close to being super cars. With the exterior looking the part the Corvette isn't just "the best sports car for the money" it's one of the best sports cars period. And just wait until the high-performance specialty models debut.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 09:28:48 AM »

Corvette needs a new image, desperately. They are still bang for a buck, but they are no longer budget sports cars. They HAVE to shed the gold chains wearing, mid-life crisis having image. This is a good look. On many of the forums, you got guys who have M3s and 911s now considering the new C7. When you have staunch supporters of those Marques taking notice and contemplating switching over. You're doing something good.  I like the rear lights, I like the vents, the only thing I think is odd, is the four exhaust tips, I think that they should have been separated and placed on the rear-side, behind the wheels. But, if they did that, then they would be really criticized as trying to look like Ferrari.
As I said, the whole "trying to look like Ferrari" criticism was heard when they released teaser pics of the C6 headlights. Which somewhat resembled the Ferrari 360's.
You really want to see what GM does to good ideas? Check the Cheetah...
Word is the ATS-V may get the base Corvette engine.

Things are finally looking good for GM

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 09:39:52 AM »
What does Flex think?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 10:10:27 AM »
Totally disagree. The car simply improves every generation while keeping a quite sane price point, low weight, good performance etc. The C7 is the best Corvette ever made, period.  The styling is subjective, as it is always, I happen to love it and I'm glad they didn't do an incremental refresh to the exterior like the C5 to C6. I don't see where GM is going for the Ferrari crowd...if they made the C7 a true mid-engine car w/a ~4.5L high strung V-8 and all that jazz, then yes, I would agree. But they didn't, it's still a Corvette.

This car now looks the part, has the interior quality/seat quality and the exterior (IMO) to match up with the super cars and close to being super cars. With the exterior looking the part the Corvette isn't just "the best sports car for the money" it's one of the best sports cars period. And just wait until the high-performance specialty models debut.
no doubt its the best chassis/powertrain  ever put in a vette... but if  buying a vette, I want a vette, not a vette chassis wrapped up in a knockoff ferrari suit. My .02.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 10:20:28 AM »
Corvette needs a new image, desperately. They are still bang for a buck, but they are no longer budget sports cars. They HAVE to shed the gold chains wearing, mid-life crisis having image. This is a good look. On many of the forums, you got guys who have M3s and 911s now considering the new C7. When you have staunch supporters of those Marques taking notice and contemplating switching over. You're doing something good.  I like the rear lights, I like the vents, the only thing I think is odd, is the four exhaust tips, I think that they should have been separated and placed on the rear-side, behind the wheels. But, if they did that, then they would be really criticized as trying to look like Ferrari.
As I said, the whole "trying to look like Ferrari" criticism was heard when they released teaser pics of the C6 headlights. Which somewhat resembled the Ferrari 360's.
You really want to see what GM does to good ideas? Check the Cheetah...
Word is the ATS-V may get the base Corvette engine.

Things are finally looking good for GM
the reason you have staunch euro car guys now considering a vette isbecause *gasp* it now looks like a euro sports car. Its not the GM is suddenly magically doing somethinf right, its that they have made a car that physically appeals to the euro sports car crowd, which is what theyve been trying to do for years. The vette has had a killer powertrain for a long time, the c7 z06 was a world class car, but the euro guys werent interested because it didnt look the part. Now suddenly they are, because they designed it to look like any other cookie cutter european supercar. You dont have to look any further than peoplr on this forum, guys that hated vettes and were staunch euro guys are suddenly saying how they want one, or that GM finally did it.... what they did, was make it apeal to the euro super car crowd, so the guys drooling over ferraris are suddenly ok with the vette.

fuck that shit. Its an american car, find a way to style it as an american car without just selling out to try and tap into the wannabe supercar crowd that cant quite afford thay ferrari.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 02:45:58 PM »
the reason you have staunch euro car guys now considering a vette isbecause *gasp* it now looks like a euro sports car. Its not the GM is suddenly magically doing somethinf right, its that they have made a car that physically appeals to the euro sports car crowd, which is what theyve been trying to do for years. The vette has had a killer powertrain for a long time, the c7 z06 was a world class car, but the euro guys werent interested because it didnt look the part. Now suddenly they are, because they designed it to look like any other cookie cutter european supercar. You dont have to look any further than peoplr on this forum, guys that hated vettes and were staunch euro guys are suddenly saying how they want one, or that GM finally did it.... what they did, was make it apeal to the euro super car crowd, so the guys drooling over ferraris are suddenly ok with the vette.

fuck that shit. Its an american car, find a way to style it as an american car without just selling out to try and tap into the wannabe supercar crowd that cant quite afford thay ferrari.

The original Corvette was meant to evoke the style, design and spirit of the Euro sports cars--the Jaguars, Triumphs, MGs, Porsche 550 Spyder.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 12:51:34 PM »
The verdict? Damn good...
[/youtube]
nice car but i'll take the old muscle cars from the late 60's, don't get much better than that, GTO's, 454 chevelle's, superbees,442 old's can't you just here tim  the tool man taylor grunting..
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 12:56:45 PM »
 i had this car 1968 dodge polaris 383 -4 barrel carb, thing was a tank. had it up to over 120 that's plenty fast on a side street reason i know was  i got clocked. cop cit me a break only fined me for reckless driving as i was over 80 miles ph over the speed limit :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
F