Author Topic: Why is it Controversial That Homosexuality is a Sin?  (Read 15779 times)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: Why is it Controversial That Homosexuality is a Sin?
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2013, 09:29:37 AM »

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2013, 09:31:32 AM »
These are fags, not gays.
The gay people I've met are decent and keep low profile - they hate fags/queers because they're destroying their image and bring unwanted attention.

Agree, and in most cases it's easy to categorize them because of their outgoing nature. You won't find this quality in most Christians.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2013, 09:33:33 AM »
Any reasonable person can agree that using a part of a person's digestive system for sexual gratification is not only unsanitary, it robs the individuals involved of their essential human dignity. Civilization has always known this. It was told in the parable of Sodom and Gamorha in the book of Genesis and no society up until now has made homosexual marriage legal.

Great post. Too bad about your screenname and Caesar Borgia in your avatar.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2013, 09:45:27 AM »
ah yeah, and the heteros all have "clean" practices?

like pssing games, eating shit, sm, and what not.and anal,haha.

listen, guy, if you going to call it a sin and use bible as reference then dont be a hypocrite you mongoiloid knukledragger.

the bible says sex is only for reproductional reasons.

this kinda excluded the homos from having sex, but this also means heteros should have it only scarcely.

you fucking idiot, imbacile, you sure wish to have the good old times back.

guesss what go fuck YOURSELF , why dont you leave other people alone in their decision what they want do sexualy .

you thick, closet homosexual loser.

a sin ::) ::)

no,im no homo, but goddamn guys like you need a good stomping

Sex within heterosexual marriage (as depicted in the bible) is meant for procreation (as you noted), but it is also intended as an expression of love and devotion between spouses and for physical pleasure between spouses……sex is a blessing.

ychrisny

• Getbig I
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 10:26:04 PM »
Why is is controversial?

It's controversial because the moral standing of society has advanced ever so slightly since the time the bible was written.

What about round haircuts? footballs? tattoos? blends of fabric?  divorce? shellfish? not cutting off your wifes hands when you're getting beat by another guy and she has to defend you by grabbing his nuts?

If you're going to put all this time and thought into homosexuality, I really think you should keep reading to the other parts. I would hate for you to burn in hell because you stopped reading when they mentioned anal sex.

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 05:03:41 AM »
Guys, galaneeko is just rustling your jimmies because he's mad he cant have gay sex with his tranny girlboyfriend. Aint that right gal?

DeathCultist

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 11:14:49 AM »
If you're going to put all this time and thought into homosexuality, I really think you should keep reading to the other parts. I would hate for you to burn in hell because you stopped reading when they mentioned anal sex.

The Bible says what it says, and its followers are to adhere to its strictures. Where have I said that it is solely homosexuality that the Lord pretty clearly condemns?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2013, 06:45:19 PM »
Damned gimmicks are ruining this site.

Amen to that... Why not do us all a favor and help with the cleanup and getting out? Better yet, help with the cleanup by killing yourself. It's a win-win for all: we lose a troll, you get to meet your savior and Lord.

??? Billions of human beings accept Christ. It's mathematically impossible that so many people could believe a falsity. There's a reason there are so few atheists.

Please stop ruining the good name of mathematics by spouting nonsense such as this.

The Bible says what it says, and its followers are to adhere to its strictures. Where have I said that it is solely homosexuality that the Lord pretty clearly condemns?

Do you eat shellfish? Work on Sunday? Covet your neighbors ass? Surely, you've sinned and as a well-read Christian you should know that there are no degrees of sin. Well, except one sin, which, supposedly, won't be forgiven but let's not split hairs, shall we?

And, as a well-read Christian, you must also know that according to the Bible everyone has sinned and everything the Bible says is true – even the stuff that contradicts with the other stuff!

So since you're such a fervent believer, why not kill yourself? Death is, after all, the punishment for sin according to your beliefs.

And we'd have one less troll to worry about – win-win!

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 06:57:06 PM »
Sex within heterosexual marriage (as depicted in the bible) is meant for procreation (as you noted), but it is also intended as an expression of love and devotion between spouses and for physical pleasure between spouses……sex is a blessing.

I'm curious MoS: if sex is meant for procreation, do you go bareback? Surely condoms interfere with procreation and so shouldn't be used, right?

And why don't you trust in the power of prayer and the will of God to prevent pregnancy? Surely he would if it were not part of his divine plan.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 10:46:10 PM »
I'm curious MoS: if sex is meant for procreation, do you go bareback? Surely condoms interfere with procreation and so shouldn't be used, right?

And why don't you trust in the power of prayer and the will of God to prevent pregnancy? Surely he would if it were not part of his divine plan.
It's interesting that you ask from a perspective of pregnancy prevention.  Nothing wrong with that, but our primary method of pregnancy prevention has always been self-control in the bedroom, but yes we have used condoms in the past (I'm not a Catholic by the way).  I don't normally speak about my sex life LOL, but it's cool.  We have a great sex life and we haven't used condoms in 7 years or so, but we don't always "just have sex" either.  Out of respect for my wife and my marriage I'm not going to go into details (certainly you can understand this).   As I stated previously, sex in a marriage (between a man and woman) is certainly meant for the purposes of procreation, but it's also meant for the expression of love and for the purpose of pleasure.  

Sure, condoms would interfere with procreation if one desired to have a child so you probably shouldn't use one if you desire to have a child LOL.  Still, the world we live in is not filled with believers in Christ that utilize self-control in the bedroom.  Given the prevelance of sexually transmitted diseases condoms help prevent the spread (of course you know this).  

God has empowered us to proactively engage in all facets of our lives and make appropriate choices and utilize the tools at our disposal to live our lives in accordance with his will.  As believers we seek God's will and receive guidance via the Holy Spirit to make appropriate decisions.  As believers in Christ we can be completely faithful and trust in him yet still proactively utilize manmade means that aligns with his will....we defer to the Holy Spirit for guidance in utilizing tools appropriately.  I sometimes come back to the following classic joke:  

A man is caught outside in a torrential downpour and the area begins to flood.  The water rises to his waist yet he stands there praying in the water for the Lord to make the rain stop and flood waters to recede.  A man in rowboat comes by and says, "Sir, get in the boat!"  The praying man says "No, the Lord will stop the rain and the flood waters will recede....the Lord will protect me."  The water rise to his neck and he continues to pray.  A second man in a rowboat comes by and says, "Dude! Jump in the boat!"  Again the praying man says, "No, the Lord will stop the rain and the flood water will recede....I'll be fine."  The water is now too deep to stand and the man is treading water, but continues to pray.  A helicopter flies by and lowers a ladder and says, "Climb up sir, we'll get you out of here!"  The praying man refuses and says, "No the Lord will stop the rain and the flood will recede...I'll be fine."  Eventually the praying man tires from treading water and drowns in the flood waters.  Upon entering heaven he approaches God and asks, "Lord I faithfully prayed that you would stop the rain and stop the flooding and save my life."  To which the Lord responds, "I sent you two rowboats and a helicopter."

Anyways...  ;D

We've done our best to structure our lives in accordance with God's will so that if we were blessed with children that we were in the best place to love, care and provide for them.  We can't anticipate everything in life LOL, but we do our level best to seek God's will for ALL aspects of our lives.  My wife and I actively tried to get pregnant for 2.5 years and then the Lord blessed us with our daughter.  

When we pray we pray that God's will is done in our lives.  We give him praise, we worship and we sometimes repent and seek him to right the course of our lives.  We pray for others and we seek his will.  Honestly that's always the gist of our prayers.  

If it begins to rain outside we don't pray that God will keep us dry or stop the rain, we go look for shelter from the rain because he's empowered us to be able to do so.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013, 11:02:10 PM »
My friend, we may disagree on many things, but you are, by far, the most polite and whatever the opposite of defensive is when it comes to talking about your beliefs, even when challenged.

I was just curious generally, since I've heard other Christians (non-Cathloic) who are fervently "pro-life" but think little about using contraceptives. I can see how it's conceptually different to prevent pregnancy by condom or pills, but can't help but feel that such people are hypocritical even if only slightly.

Generally, I believe that people who choose to be sexually active should certainly practice safe sex and if the possibility of a pregnancy exists, take measures to ensure they don't get pregnant unless they are both ready for a baby.

Which reminds me, I need to buy more condoms...

Purge_WTF

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2013, 06:36:16 AM »
I was just curious generally, since I've heard other Christians (non-Cathloic) who are fervently "pro-life" but think little about using contraceptives. I can see how it's conceptually different to prevent pregnancy by condom or pills, but can't help but feel that such people are hypocritical even if only slightly.

The way I see it, people who are pro-life will be encouraged to use contraceptives, because they won't wanna worry about unwanted/unexpected pregnancies. People who view abortion as a form of pregnancy control don't have that foresight.

On a side note, I've been pretty obstinate in my refusal to date any woman who wanted kids in my search for a mate over the last three or so years. It's been in recent weeks that I feel as though God has been urging me to leave that option on the table in case the mate He may have for me wants them. No-one can change hearts and minds and build up good anticipation like He can. Time will tell.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2013, 07:44:13 AM »
On a side note, I've been pretty obstinate in my refusal to date any woman who wanted kids in my search for a mate over the last three or so years. It's been in recent weeks that I feel as though God has been urging me to leave that option on the table in case the mate He may have for me wants them. No-one can change hearts and minds and build up good anticipation like He can. Time will tell.

Just don't harm anybody when the repressed sexual urges explode in a violent swell.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2013, 07:47:22 AM »
is it a sin for a woman to commit oral sex on her husband?

is it a sin for a woman to refuse to commit oral sex on her husband?

etc etc

so many questions

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2013, 08:02:11 AM »
is it a sin for a woman to commit oral sex on her husband?

is it a sin for a woman to refuse to commit oral sex on her husband?

etc etc

so many questions

First answer this, do you really care?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2013, 04:53:07 AM »
People can do whatever they want.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2014, 08:42:42 AM »
A perspective:

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2014, 12:48:25 PM »
Damned gimmicks are ruining this site.

??? Billions of human beings accept Christ. It's mathematically impossible that so many people could believe a falsity. There's a reason there are so few atheists.

Throwing this out there...were you educated in Texas by any chance?

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2014, 02:46:47 PM »
There's nothing wrong with anal sex.

Filth, disease, hemorrhoids, fissures, prolapse; parasites, rectal/penile cancer, diapers....

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2014, 03:04:37 PM »
Filth, disease, hemorrhoids, fissures, prolapse; parasites, rectal/penile cancer, diapers....
:D

the truth and nothing but

DooM_

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2014, 03:27:17 PM »

Not if both people are healthy and clean.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2014, 12:14:49 PM »
you had all of that? at the same time ?
c

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2014, 02:07:34 PM »
There's nothing wrong with anal sex.
It makes no difference if it's with a male or a woman if that's what you both enjoy.

"There's nothing wrong with..."

This little phrase has hurt so many folks.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2014, 02:10:17 PM »

are you adding scripture to the bible? Where does it say the second part of your sentence?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2014, 02:49:16 PM »
are you adding scripture to the bible? Where does it say the second part of your sentence?

1 Corinthians 7:3-4
3 The husband should fulfill his wife’s sexual needs, and the wife should fulfill her husband’s needs. 4 The wife gives authority over her body to her husband, and the husband gives authority over his body to his wife.