Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 30, 2014, 07:38:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: farah's insulin protocol  (Read 2814 times)
momo200
Getbig II

« on: August 05, 2013, 11:10:40 AM »

Got a friend working with Farah he's about 5'10-5'11 230-240 pretty solid...his protocol for him was 3 days a week 3x per day. 12ius of humulin every shot. Post shot he has him drink
12oz juice
20G glutamine

20Mins later 6 tablespoons of honey 1 cup oatmeal 60g hydrowhey and 2 bananas.
i read that in a forum, well which the best times to inject morning afternoon and PWO,and you think it's safe or should i add more carbs to avoid hypo??
Report to moderator   Logged
ESFitness
Getbig V

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 11:49:03 AM »

Got a friend working with Farah he's about 5'10-5'11 230-240 pretty solid...his protocol for him was 3 days a week 3x per day. 12ius of humulin every shot. Post shot he has him drink
12oz juice
20G glutamine

20Mins later 6 tablespoons of honey 1 cup oatmeal 60g hydrowhey and 2 bananas.
i read that in a forum, well which the best times to inject morning afternoon and PWO,and you think it's safe or should i add more carbs to avoid hypo??

well, if you do a shot of humulin R, it's gonna take 35-45 mins before it 'kicks in'.

so drinking the juice(sugar) right away will spike your natural insulin and lower your blood sugar, so by the time the humulin R kicks in, you'll still have your natural insulin workin and your bloodsugar will be low already.

... ugh... i'm in a rush and don't have time to type all this stuff out..

if you feel hypo with the above protocol,don't panic, it'll only last 5-10 mins before the honey, oatmeal, and fructose (bananas) kick in...

momo200
Getbig II

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 11:54:42 AM »

greattt answer sir thxx  Grin Grin
BodyMachine
Getbig III

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 07:00:10 PM »

that sounds like a ton of carbs, 1 cup of oatmeal, 2 bananas, 6 tablespoons of honey? I could see the individual gaining bit of fat on this protocol
ESFitness
Getbig V

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 08:31:36 PM »

that sounds like a ton of carbs, 1 cup of oatmeal, 2 bananas, 6 tablespoons of honey? I could see the individual gaining bit of fat on this protocol

28g in a cup of oatmeal, 17 per tblspn honey (*glucose & fructose) 27 per banana.

that's (ROUNDED OFF) 170g of carbs x3/day.. about 14g per iu. 

I'd rather have a guy drink 30g whey (iso or con) just before he does his shot. wait 30mins. drink a 20oz Gatorade with 1 scoop (usually 30g) dextrose mixed in with 10g bcaa's and eat a couple peaches (fav high sucrose fruit.. nectarines or pineapple work too)... with a 10iu dose of humulin R.
BodyMachine
Getbig III

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 10:20:38 PM »

28g in a cup of oatmeal, 17 per tblspn honey (*glucose & fructose) 27 per banana.

that's (ROUNDED OFF) 170g of carbs x3/day.. about 14g per iu. 

I'd rather have a guy drink 30g whey (iso or con) just before he does his shot. wait 30mins. drink a 20oz Gatorade with 1 scoop (usually 30g) dextrose mixed in with 10g bcaa's and eat a couple peaches (fav high sucrose fruit.. nectarines or pineapple work too)... with a 10iu dose of humulin R.

yeah 170 x 3 on top of all the other carbs he's eating throughout the day, prob not a good idea unless he's freakish huge. Your plan seems more reasonable, however, gatorade is sucrose and dextrose, why bother with more dextrose, just up the gatorade a bit. Personally when I was on slin I tried to use as few carbs as possible, the excess just seemed to make me smoother looking among other things. I also noticed my tolerance increase dramatically, I can slam 13iu of slin (humalin-r) with few carbs no prob, whereas when I first started I couldn't.
ESFitness
Getbig V

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 10:57:33 PM »

yeah 170 x 3 on top of all the other carbs he's eating throughout the day, prob not a good idea unless he's freakish huge. Your plan seems more reasonable, however, gatorade is sucrose and dextrose, why bother with more dextrose, just up the gatorade a bit. Personally when I was on slin I tried to use as few carbs as possible, the excess just seemed to make me smoother looking among other things. I also noticed my tolerance increase dramatically, I can slam 13iu of slin (humalin-r) with few carbs no prob, whereas when I first started I couldn't.

because I don't like to guzzle 60oz of Gatorade. lol. anymore than 20 and i'm bloated.

a_ahmed
Getbig V

Team Nasser

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 12:04:07 AM »

All natural

Bulkyboyy
Getbig II

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 12:53:53 AM »

Everyone handles insulin differently. Some need 10g carbs or more per IU. general rule of thumb is 10g per IU. then adjust accordingly. After time you will need less.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!