Author Topic: All things LA Lakers  (Read 42362 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: All things LA Lakers
« Reply #250 on: January 24, 2014, 11:41:00 AM »
Ofcourse he will, I would of thought the owners would of shut him down, nick young will be pissed!!!

I don't think Jim Buss would get involved with something like that.  I doubt the GM would either.  It's really a coach/player decision. 

Young will still get his minutes.  They are playing small ball.  Kaman cannot even get off the bench.  D`Antoni sucks. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #251 on: January 24, 2014, 04:11:05 PM »
Nick young will be upset when Kobe comes back and controls the ball 80% of the time.
Dantoni is terrible, he must have a ironclad contract

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: January 24, 2014, 04:40:34 PM »
Nick young will be upset when Kobe comes back and controls the ball 80% of the time.
Dantoni is terrible, he must have a ironclad contract

The ball movement does slow down when Kobe is on the floor, although I think they will play well together. 

D'Antoni's contract isn't that bad.  It may be a combination of Jim Buss being stubborn again and there being no good options (other than Phil and Sloan) available right now.  Plus the team is decimated with injuries.  Probably best to wait till season's end and let the new coach take over.

I'm thinking it will be a former Laker:  Rambis, B. Scott, or Shaw.  But who knows?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #253 on: January 24, 2014, 04:41:47 PM »
The Blazers yall.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: January 24, 2014, 04:53:25 PM »
And Pacers, Warriors, Thunder, Heat . . . .  Wide open this year. 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #255 on: January 24, 2014, 05:11:58 PM »

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: January 24, 2014, 05:14:40 PM »
The ball movement does slow down when Kobe is on the floor, although I think they will play well together. 

D'Antoni's contract isn't that bad.  It may be a combination of Jim Buss being stubborn again and there being no good options (other than Phil and Sloan) available right now.  Plus the team is decimated with injuries.  Probably best to wait till season's end and let the new coach take over.

I'm thinking it will be a former Laker:  Rambis, B. Scott, or Shaw.  But who knows?

not a shaw fan.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #257 on: January 24, 2014, 05:21:34 PM »
not a shaw fan.

You're one of few who isn't.  The players loved him.  Phil loved him.  He's doing a good job in Denver (given what he has to work with).  He should have been the pick when Phil retired.  That was another boneheaded Jim Buss move.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: January 24, 2014, 05:23:06 PM »
You're one of few who isn't.  The players loved him.  Phil loved him.  He's doing a good job in Denver (given what he has to work with).  He should have been the pick when Phil retired.  That was another boneheaded Jim Buss move.
Buss can kiss my ass.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: January 24, 2014, 05:27:19 PM »
Buss can kiss my ass.

Mine too.  He's no Jerry. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2014, 06:42:21 PM »

ofcourse they did, he was a player.

he needs atleast 10 yr experience.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: January 27, 2014, 12:36:11 PM »
ofcourse they did, he was a player.

he needs atleast 10 yr experience.

He has 9 years experience as an assistant, including about 6 with Phil.  Plus he won a ring as a player.  That's plenty. 

The players didn't want him solely because he was a player.  They wanted him because he's a good coach. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2014, 03:13:50 PM »
He has 9 years experience as an assistant, including about 6 with Phil.  Plus he won a ring as a player.  That's plenty. 

The players didn't want him solely because he was a player.  They wanted him because he's a good coach. 

His Ok, a lot of player wont respect another player that's a coach...especially younger ones like shaw.

he was great with shaq, ron harper and kobe...that was a great team..oh and big shot Rob.

Man, I really wanted to go LA this year and watch Kobe, I maybe going to Miami though but its tooooooo far from me.
LA is 14 hours, add another 5-6 hours to Miami, I wont recover.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: January 27, 2014, 04:37:59 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2014, 04:43:30 PM »
His Ok, a lot of player wont respect another player that's a coach...especially younger ones like shaw.

he was great with shaq, ron harper and kobe...that was a great team..oh and big shot Rob.

Man, I really wanted to go LA this year and watch Kobe, I maybe going to Miami though but its tooooooo far from me.
LA is 14 hours, add another 5-6 hours to Miami, I wont recover.

Not sure it's worth the trip this season.  But they'll be back.  A FA this offseason and next and they'll contend again. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: January 30, 2014, 06:03:10 PM »
So Carmelo is starting to grow on me a little.  Given how poor the overall FA class will be, LA might want to try and get him for less than market value. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: January 31, 2014, 03:41:12 AM »
So Carmelo is starting to grow on me a little.  Given how poor the overall FA class will be, LA might want to try and get him for less than market value. 

his there best player, he stands out cause there so many airheads on that team, he is strong, he can shoot.

he should post up more, New York can offer him $30m more then anyone.

I cant see kobe and Carmelo together, it was like Iverson and Carmelo. Can Kobe allow melo to be the man, I don't think melo is going to lose 30M and play second fiddle, plus his wife said he is staying in New York.
Anything can happen, New York has mentally ill players, shumpert and JR smith, amare's overall health.

lakers should get a good decent draft pick. Kobe is out for another month, that knee is swelling.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #267 on: January 31, 2014, 08:35:18 AM »
his there best player, he stands out cause there so many airheads on that team, he is strong, he can shoot.

he should post up more, New York can offer him $30m more then anyone.

I cant see kobe and Carmelo together, it was like Iverson and Carmelo. Can Kobe allow melo to be the man, I don't think melo is going to lose 30M and play second fiddle, plus his wife said he is staying in New York.
Anything can happen, New York has mentally ill players, shumpert and JR smith, amare's overall health.

lakers should get a good decent draft pick. Kobe is out for another month, that knee is swelling.

Kobe can play with anybody.  He's proved that over his career. 

It's unlikely Carmelo will take a huge haircut, but he has to factor in the marketing side.  He'd make much more in LA than NY in endorsements.  Plus NY isn't going to be a contender, and LA will be in a year or two. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: January 31, 2014, 06:43:13 PM »
Kobe can play with anybody.  He's proved that over his career. 

It's unlikely Carmelo will take a huge haircut, but he has to factor in the marketing side.  He'd make much more in LA than NY in endorsements.  Plus NY isn't going to be a contender, and LA will be in a year or two. 

are you high BB?
please read phil jacksons book.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #269 on: January 31, 2014, 10:51:48 PM »
are you high BB?
please read phil jacksons book.
He must be.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #270 on: February 01, 2014, 12:57:34 AM »
He must be.

I meant it as a joke im sure he can back it up.

shaq and kobe couldn't stand each other, we all know that.

in the book Ron harper, Robert horry and shaq used to give eachother hand signals, the signals = do not pass to Bryant.  once he touched the ball he would isolate and shoot, he would go against the triangle, he was suppose to pass the ball to shaq and wait for the double team and then that's how the lakers rolled. The shaq/kobe thing was bigger then it was made to be I believe, kobe did snitch on shaq after the alleged rape in colarado...forget that it was a long time ago.

he gets along with gasol, simply cause gasol is soft and willing to put up with kobes shit, plus I don't think gasol ever want to leave LA (lifestyle etc)

lamar odom gets along with anyone, even with the kardashians, he even married the ugliest one. I heard lamar is the nicest dude in the league, that LA trade took his soul, poor guy.
No way Carmelo goes there next season, Carmelo's ego & kobe's ego are way to big, kobe has a right to have the biggest ego, 5 rings and a hot wife,  Carmelo one ugly wife.

Ron artest is a head case, his finished. Derek fisher and kobe did get along and Derek fisher did put kobe in his place several times.

what I read in phil's book was kobe would never attend the players birthday parties or weddings, his completely anti social, that caused resentment, they did not want to invite him but felt like he needed to be invited cause his part of the TEAM. BTW nothing wrong with him being anti social but when your with your team for almost a year show some heart and go to a party or wedding. I hate my relatives but I still attend there fucked up weddings, Im there for 20 mins then I bounce.

Not saying his a evil guy but I don't see a star going there unless kobe recruits melo and tells him "You are the first option" kobe is not getting paid 48m to pass that ball so forget that nonsense.

Beach bum, I look forward to your response...if im wrong let me know, and let phil Jackson know too.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #271 on: February 03, 2014, 12:15:56 PM »
I meant it as a joke im sure he can back it up.

shaq and kobe couldn't stand each other, we all know that.

in the book Ron harper, Robert horry and shaq used to give eachother hand signals, the signals = do not pass to Bryant.  once he touched the ball he would isolate and shoot, he would go against the triangle, he was suppose to pass the ball to shaq and wait for the double team and then that's how the lakers rolled. The shaq/kobe thing was bigger then it was made to be I believe, kobe did snitch on shaq after the alleged rape in colarado...forget that it was a long time ago.

he gets along with gasol, simply cause gasol is soft and willing to put up with kobes shit, plus I don't think gasol ever want to leave LA (lifestyle etc)

lamar odom gets along with anyone, even with the kardashians, he even married the ugliest one. I heard lamar is the nicest dude in the league, that LA trade took his soul, poor guy.
No way Carmelo goes there next season, Carmelo's ego & kobe's ego are way to big, kobe has a right to have the biggest ego, 5 rings and a hot wife,  Carmelo one ugly wife.

Ron artest is a head case, his finished. Derek fisher and kobe did get along and Derek fisher did put kobe in his place several times.

what I read in phil's book was kobe would never attend the players birthday parties or weddings, his completely anti social, that caused resentment, they did not want to invite him but felt like he needed to be invited cause his part of the TEAM. BTW nothing wrong with him being anti social but when your with your team for almost a year show some heart and go to a party or wedding. I hate my relatives but I still attend there fucked up weddings, Im there for 20 mins then I bounce.

Not saying his a evil guy but I don't see a star going there unless kobe recruits melo and tells him "You are the first option" kobe is not getting paid 48m to pass that ball so forget that nonsense.

Beach bum, I look forward to your response...if im wrong let me know, and let phil Jackson know too.

I didn't read Phil's book, but Phil wrote the book after essentially getting fired by the Lakers.  On top of that, he came back and coached Kobe after writing the book and won two championships.

Kobe won three rings with the biggest ego in the NBA (Shaq).  If he can play with Shaq, he can play with anybody. 

Also, if you've ever watched him play on the Olympic teams, you know he plays well with other stars.  The dude is a winner. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: February 03, 2014, 12:31:32 PM »
I didn't read Phil's book, but Phil wrote the book after essentially getting fired by the Lakers.  On top of that, he came back and coached Kobe after writing the book and won two championships.

Kobe won three rings with the biggest ego in the NBA (Shaq).  If he can play with Shaq, he can play with anybody. 

Also, if you've ever watched him play on the Olympic teams, you know he plays well with other stars.  The dude is a winner. 

The Olympics is like a afterparty for the US team. Kobe plays well with other players in all star games too....but come on.
kobe was still a kid and HAD to play cause he had two other ego's Phil and Shaq.

please supply me with kobe's numberslast 5 postseason records. He is cooked. Had to say but I feel its true.

I know kobe is out of another month atleast due to that knee, keeps swelling.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: February 03, 2014, 01:44:48 PM »
The Olympics is like a afterparty for the US team. Kobe plays well with other players in all star games too....but come on.
kobe was still a kid and HAD to play cause he had two other ego's Phil and Shaq.

please supply me with kobe's numberslast 5 postseason records. He is cooked. Had to say but I feel its true.

I know kobe is out of another month atleast due to that knee, keeps swelling.

The Olympic team has not had a cake walk.  Those games are a pretty good indication of how Kobe plays with other stars.  The All Star game doesn't count. 

Last five post season results:  Lost in first round, lost in Western Conference Semis x 2, won Finals x 2. 

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: February 03, 2014, 02:15:17 PM »
The Olympic team has not had a cake walk.  Those games are a pretty good indication of how Kobe plays with other stars.  The All Star game doesn't count. 

Last five post season results:  Lost in first round, lost in Western Conference Semis x 2, won Finals x 2. 

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/

so you can see the decline, we can go back and forth, I wont count this year cause his been out.
I hope his back at full strength next season. Gasol apparently is off to the suns..according to espn.