Author Topic: All things LA Lakers  (Read 42196 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: All things LA Lakers
« Reply #300 on: February 14, 2014, 12:59:07 PM »
I don't think he's coming to LA, but it's not a given that he's staying in Miami. 

That said, one thing I will not do is bet against Mitch Kupchak.  Whether it's LeBron or someone else, he's going to build a contender again soon.

Why would he leave Miami? Great weather, hot women, closing in on a 3-peat, Bosh is playing great basketball even with Wade slowing down. More endorsements in LA? Sure but so what...the guy is likely going to become the worlds' first pro athlete billionaire by the time his career winds down. Where else would he want to go and why? To challenge himself? Screw that. Go with what works and ride it out as long as you're able.

I like that Cavs fans think he's going back there. Why would he go back to that shithole of a city? Yeah he grew up there but so what?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #301 on: February 14, 2014, 02:44:21 PM »
Why would he leave Miami? Great weather, hot women, closing in on a 3-peat, Bosh is playing great basketball even with Wade slowing down. More endorsements in LA? Sure but so what...the guy is likely going to become the worlds' first pro athlete billionaire by the time his career winds down. Where else would he want to go and why? To challenge himself? Screw that. Go with what works and ride it out as long as you're able.

I like that Cavs fans think he's going back there. Why would he go back to that shithole of a city? Yeah he grew up there but so what?

Because Wade has trouble staying healthy and his days are numbered and Bosh can be a FA soon too. 

If he was a lock to stay, he'd go ahead and sign an extension already.  He has been noncommittal.  And Stephen A. Smith, who has great NBA intel, says he's not a lock to stay.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: February 15, 2014, 09:42:32 AM »
Because Wade has trouble staying healthy and his days are numbered and Bosh can be a FA soon too. 

If he was a lock to stay, he'd go ahead and sign an extension already.  He has been noncommittal.  And Stephen A. Smith, who has great NBA intel, says he's not a lock to stay.

ok....duly noted....so where's he going?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #303 on: February 15, 2014, 09:49:41 AM »
The Lakers suck. Go Blazers.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: February 18, 2014, 11:22:28 AM »
ok....duly noted....so where's he going?

I don't know.  I think he probably stays in Miami.  Smith said if he leaves, it will be Cleveland, NY, or LA.  All three of those franchises are in pretty bad shape right now. 

But you never know. 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2014, 11:24:17 AM »
Lakers bottom feeders.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #306 on: February 18, 2014, 01:42:52 PM »
I don't know.  I think he probably stays in Miami.  Smith said if he leaves, it will be Cleveland, NY, or LA.  All three of those franchises are in pretty bad shape right now. 

But you never know. 

which smith?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2014, 04:08:57 PM »

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: February 18, 2014, 04:40:14 PM »

But you never know. 

It will be interesting to see where he goes. He's entering the tail end of his prime years. But he' still going to be monster into his mid 30's. His post game is steadily getting better and he'll have no problem playing more with his back to the basket as he gets older. He truly is a once in a lifetime basketball talent.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: February 18, 2014, 05:10:54 PM »
It will be interesting to see where he goes. He's entering the tail end of his prime years. But he' still going to be monster into his mid 30's. His post game is steadily getting better and he'll have no problem playing more with his back to the basket as he gets older. He truly is a once in a lifetime basketball talent.

I hope he learned his lesson from "the decision."  Don't want to see a circus.  But I agree will be interesting to see where he lands. 

I wouldn't bet against either Mitch or Pat Riley. 

Word is the Lakers are trying to put a trade together for Love by Thursday.  I hope they can do it. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: February 18, 2014, 05:26:40 PM »
I hope he learned his lesson from "the decision."  Don't want to see a circus.  But I agree will be interesting to see where he lands. 

I wouldn't bet against either Mitch or Pat Riley. 

Word is the Lakers are trying to put a trade together for Love by Thursday.  I hope they can do it. 

Who and what in the world will the Lakers give up for him? Pau and what else? And why would Minnesota give up a still improving, young player like Love? Is he in the last year of his contract? He must be and made it be known that he doesn't intend to re-sign.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: February 18, 2014, 05:38:03 PM »

Who and what in the world will the Lakers give up for him? Pau and what else? And why would Minnesota give up a still improving, young player like Love? Is he in the last year of his contract? He must be and made it be known that he doesn't intend to re-sign.

Because Love isn't going to resign and they should get something for him, rather than letting him walk.  He has made it known privately that LA is his no. 1 choice. 

LA would give up Pau, plus probably a pick, Blake, maybe Nick Young, etc.  They almost traded Pau for Love several years ago.  They should have done it then. 

Pau would like to play with Rubio, so Minnesota is a possible destination for him anyway. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: February 18, 2014, 11:19:05 PM »
Stephen A.

Ok..i tought you meant JR Smith...

I watched first take, he never mentioned NY.   Maybe I missed that part, I think NY is the worst place to go, they have no draft picks and spent every cent on Amare and Tyson chandler and that amazing superstar JR Smith.
unless there paying lebron millions under the table there is no reason to go there.
I think Pat Riley will do a nice trade to keep him in Miami, I don't think lebron wants to be a player that hops from team to team, players should be hopping to him.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #313 on: February 19, 2014, 01:48:59 AM »
I think Pat Riley will do a nice trade to keep him in Miami, I don't think lebron wants to be a player that hops from team to team, players should be hopping to him.

^ Hmm interesting take but I might have to disagree. The problem being the dinosaurs ie D Wade in a couple years and maybe Chris bosh are going to be resistant to leaving. It's easier for Lebron to go somewhere else such as back to Cleveland to be with Irving or meet up in LA with Kevin Love when Kobe is gone. But I really do see Wade pulling a Kobe move and taking up space on the roster well past his prime. UNLESS Riley has the balls to tell wade to fuck off it's not his team anymore.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: February 19, 2014, 03:38:12 AM »

^ Hmm interesting take but I might have to disagree. The problem being the dinosaurs ie D Wade in a couple years and maybe Chris bosh are going to be resistant to leaving. It's easier for Lebron to go somewhere else such as back to Cleveland to be with Irving or meet up in LA with Kevin Love when Kobe is gone. But I really do see Wade pulling a Kobe move and taking up space on the roster well past his prime. UNLESS Riley has the balls to tell wade to fuck off it's not his team anymore.

you can disagree, we are still online buddies.
D wade should stay if he plays good in the playoffs, I cant stand him, but he has shown he still has game when he plays, I don't like how he plays 2 games and takes 3 off, I hate kind of attitude from the team or him, if his injured then sit him out for 2 months to heal properly.
They are reigning champs, if they win again this year, they should stay.
Miami is fine, lebron is the best, as long as Ray allen can hit the 3, bosh can score on the inside and Oden can block a few shots and rebound,  it shouldn't be to hard. (easier said then done)
BTW Im going to watch Miami play the Knicks in Miami in April.
Lebron killed dallas today.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #315 on: February 19, 2014, 03:41:48 AM »
I agree they should be good for this year and next. But long term not sure what's gonna happen. I just see d wade wanting to stick around way past his prime.

Even though ny has a shit record that should be a good game. I'm gonna buy some Blazers Warriors tickets sometime this week. Golden state is a fun team to watch. Clippers too.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: February 19, 2014, 03:49:21 AM »
I agree they should be good for this year and next. But long term not sure what's gonna happen. I just see d wade wanting to stick around way past his prime.

Even though ny has a shit record that should be a good game. I'm gonna buy some Blazers Warriors tickets sometime this week. Golden state is a fun team to watch. Clippers too.

Wade is finished, off and on, that's the mark of career ending, I think Riley will tell wade to fuck off or take a pay cut like Alonzo did, and Alonzo was the reason they won that championship against Dallas, shaq was a dud.
'Zo was running up and down the court like a 21 year old, Shaq the fat fuck would not dare too.
I'm a big Shaq fan, but I hate laziness, he was lazy, he stopped rebounding and blocking shots after he left Orlando.
Though he was great with the Lakers (thanks Phil Jackson)

Lebron will not go back to Cleveland, Irving is leaving, no one likes him on the team, I love him, he is Australian also.
His born here so I will claim him.
Lebron is definitely not going to NY..no way.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: February 19, 2014, 03:50:58 AM »

Also you guys are so lucky to live and watch a game when you want to, I literally have to spend thousands to do it.
Im a NBA addict.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #318 on: February 19, 2014, 03:52:58 AM »
Also you guys are so lucky to live and watch a game when you want to, I literally have to spend thousands to do it.
Im a NBA addict.

Most of us in portland were hoping the Kings would move to Seattle so we could catch some of their games just a 3 hr drive away but it didn't happen.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: February 19, 2014, 03:55:17 AM »
Most of us in portland were hoping the Kings would move to Seattle so we could catch some of their games just a 3 hr drive away but it didn't happen.

lucky, Sydney to LA is 14 hours, then LA to Florida is just under 5 hours..I will have a Xanax and sleeping tabs on hand.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #320 on: February 19, 2014, 03:57:57 AM »
lucky, Sydney to LA is 14 hours, then LA to Florida is just under 5 hours..I will have a Xanax and sleeping tabs on hand.

I'll call arce to arrange the pickup.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: February 19, 2014, 04:06:34 AM »
I'll call arce to arrange the pickup.

He would pick me up, his a great guy facing challenges, but I believe he will be OK.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #322 on: February 19, 2014, 04:19:49 AM »
He would pick me up, his a great guy facing challenges, but I believe he will be OK.

Yeah he's a great fella and laker fan. Even gave me ALL his personal info. Hope he returns to post more since the season will start getting good.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: February 19, 2014, 05:54:02 PM »
Ok..i tought you meant JR Smith...

I watched first take, he never mentioned NY.   Maybe I missed that part, I think NY is the worst place to go, they have no draft picks and spent every cent on Amare and Tyson chandler and that amazing superstar JR Smith.
unless there paying lebron millions under the table there is no reason to go there.

Smith has mentioned the Cleveland, NY, LA possibilities many times.  I don't think he goes anywhere, or stays in Miami, unless another superstar joins him. 

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2014, 06:20:34 AM »
Dwight Howard showed more energy, heart and determination in the first quarter tonight against the Lakers than he did in the entirety of last season for the Lakers.  Fuck you Dwight.  I'm glad you are fucking gone you lazy, bitchmade, clown.