Author Topic: Staying on or what????  (Read 4819 times)

jixxxer

• Getbig II
Staying on or what????
« on: August 06, 2013, 10:56:47 AM »
Im 40, usuallly do one or two cyles of test/deca or test/eq a year. But like alot of u have said, coming off sucks big time, especially at this age! I would love to stay on and blast a coulpe times a year but Im worried about long term effects, say when i hit my 60's. Any ideas

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: Staying on or what????
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 11:06:22 AM »
hrt under doctor supervision seems like the best way to go.

The_Crusher

• Getbig II
  • It's not a workout until you bust blood vessels
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »
I'd stay on low dose as your normal test levels will be very low anyway....blast very 3-4 months.
Get your bloodwork done every month or so. Make sure the kidneys are in check. That's my .02

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 11:52:01 AM »
bloodwork every month?

i'd say blast/cruise going from 1/2cc of whatever your test is (250mg/300mg) per week, for 6-8 weeks to 2g/wk total for 8-12 weeks. getting bloodwork done about 4 weeks into your 'cruise'. allowing your liver enzymes to drop. If they're still elevated after 4weeks... BIG elevated, not a lil elevated, maybe hold off on the blast.

Going off completely, being 35+, your test levels are never gonna get back to the 800-900's. 125-150mg/wk should put you at 900-1000+, if not 1200.

maybe something like 8wks at 150mg enan/wk along with .25mg arimidex twice a week, then 8weeks of 1g test with 600 npp. If liver enzymes are an issue, or overall health and longevity is a concern, stay away from orals. the last couple weeks of the 'blast', switch to test prop instead of a long ester. bumping the adex to .5mg twice a week.

Red29

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 09:28:33 PM »
bloodwork every month?

i'd say blast/cruise going from 1/2cc of whatever your test is (250mg/300mg) per week, for 6-8 weeks to 2g/wk total for 8-12 weeks. getting bloodwork done about 4 weeks into your 'cruise'. allowing your liver enzymes to drop. If they're still elevated after 4weeks... BIG elevated, not a lil elevated, maybe hold off on the blast.

Going off completely, being 35+, your test levels are never gonna get back to the 800-900's. 125-150mg/wk should put you at 900-1000+, if not 1200.

maybe something like 8wks at 150mg enan/wk along with .25mg arimidex twice a week, then 8weeks of 1g test with 600 npp. If liver enzymes are an issue, or overall health and longevity is a concern, stay away from orals. the last couple weeks of the 'blast', switch to test prop instead of a long ester. bumping the adex to .5mg twice a week.

id reverse the NPP and test dosages. very solid advice on overall usage regimen though. look into primobolan and anavar as well if you can afford them, and GH of course is VERY helpful for older guys.

jixxxer

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 05:15:13 AM »
thanks for the replies......really appreciate it. Its really a tough decicisioin deciding to stick yourself every week for the rest of your life! Now a couple years ago i checked my test levels when i was completely clean and it was in the 900 range; I doubt it wld be that again, but wld be hard to get on HRT if it was anything close to that. Plz feel free to keep chiming in, Thanks

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 11:38:57 AM »
thanks for the replies......really appreciate it. Its really a tough decicisioin deciding to stick yourself every week for the rest of your life! Now a couple years ago i checked my test levels when i was completely clean and it was in the 900 range; I doubt it wld be that again, but wld be hard to get on HRT if it was anything close to that. Plz feel free to keep chiming in, Thanks

You can manipulate the blood test so your testosterone levels are rock bottom. Inject something short acting and wait for it to leave your system before the test.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 11:46:38 AM »

nah... if it's just a couple cc's, it's no big deal.. when you have to inject 20+cc's per week, THEN it gets to be a pain in the ass and you sorta dread it. lol

jixxxer

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 07:01:02 AM »
So If I do decide to go the blast and cruise for the rest of my life.............whats regular supplementation should be taken to keep the liver, kidneys. etc. in good working ordeR?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 12:12:44 PM »
So If I do decide to go the blast and cruise for the rest of my life.............whats regular supplementation should be taken to keep the liver, kidneys. etc. in good working ordeR?

Milk thistle is crap. Stick with NAC... and maybe drink some cranberry juice everyday (i mix mine with 3 scoops of Silk Amino's each morning. Fruit punch flavor & has 50mg caffine/scoop).. use captopril or something if bp gets 'high', and stay away from Advil.

and spend $30 every 6 months on blood work, whether you feel you 'need it' or not.

jixxxer

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 01:23:55 PM »
Ok, great point, only thing....whats wrong with advil ( i take one advil pm a night to sleep) and ocasionlly when i need for back pain.

Cal_Lifter

• Getbig II
  • Don't stop until you get enough..
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 04:23:49 PM »
Unless you plan on having a kid in the future (I don't know your situation, but assuming since you're 40 you already have one or don't plan to) I would run something full time.
Do Work.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 08:20:33 PM »
Ok, great point, only thing....whats wrong with advil ( i take one advil pm a night to sleep) and ocasionlly when i need for back pain.

advil is worse on your kidney's than Tylenol is on your liver. not to mention it inhibit's prostaglandin's.

jixxxer

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 05:39:55 AM »
Didnt know that about advil.....guess i need to find something else to get me to sleep! Yea, im 40 and actaully have a child on the way in like 5 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know its crzy  plus i have two others, so yea im done with kids to say the least! But sticking myself for the rest of mylife is hard to imagine.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 11:36:54 AM »
Didnt know that about advil.....guess i need to find something else to get me to sleep! Yea, im 40 and actaully have a child on the way in like 5 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know its crzy  plus i have two others, so yea im done with kids to say the least! But sticking myself for the rest of mylife is hard to imagine.

just use benedryl.

buckeyeheat

• Getbig I
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 12:54:48 PM »
I fell your hesitation, OP.  I'm 45. Started TRT 16 weeks ago. After week 8, decided to turn it into my first 16 week cycle (stopped going to Dr. & upped to 650mg/week), which I've now finished.  I'm starting PCT but just to get a feel for it and I'm curious about what my levels will come back to. They were low to begin with, though, so it's likely I'll just decide to be a lifer.  It's hard to say goodbye to my boys though! Not that I'm planning to have kids, but still a hard call. 

Couple questions for anyone with experience:

1. If on TRT WITH a Dr., do you just try to find a good online Dr. that will go several months without testing (so you can blast)?  The local Dr. I was with wanted to keep testing every several weeks so there was no way to blast without him knowing.

2. If not using a Dr., where do you go to check your blood? I'd like to find the right dose of Arim while blasting and the only sure way to know is to see my test/estro levels, plus I'd like to make sure my liver #s are in check.  Of course I don't want to go to my family Dr.

Tidscular

• Getbig I
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 10:33:29 AM »
First post, hurray hurray.

OP, I'll ask you a sincere question: what are your goals with bodybuilding? Seriously now, if you want to take the sport seriously, go on and never go off.
If you're just a gym rat, stay natural.

Just my 2 cents

Mr.Dutch

• Getbig I
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 11:56:09 AM »
Coming off.. First it's shit. You feel shit for a few months, you'll lose strength, some mass, and that isn't motivating. Blast and cruise, but don't come off or you want to say bodybuilding and training goodbye. Even then, at your age it's better to stay on some test and GH.

Eric

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 05:05:49 PM »
Coming off.. First it's shit. You feel shit for a few months, you'll lose strength, some mass, and that isn't motivating. Blast and cruise, but don't come off or you want to say bodybuilding and training goodbye. Even then, at your age it's better to stay on some test and GH.
Do you even know what his goals are? He's already stated he doesn't even like the idea of sticking a needle in his ass for the rest of his life.

I think you should look at it from a pros and cons perspective op. I did a research presentation for college on hrt and I think doing some research on the pros and aging you will see that the reward definitely does outweigh the negatives. And you can always use the testim shit if you have insurance it will at least keep your levels stable and higher.

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 05:58:27 PM »
Here's the deal , ask yourself why a Dr would prescribe a man that is 30 HRT if the Dr didn't plan on his patient to stay on for the rest of his life? ....... 30 isn't that old !!!!! So if steroids are that fucking dangerous and it kills us and causes all kinds of inconsistent diseases QOUTE UN QOUTE then why would a Dr condim his patient to a life of bad health and death?????? I reseantly went through a test crash and doubted my health and was depressed real bad , but did blood work and I'm fine...... I drink quit often and haven't truly came off in the last 4-5 years ...... but I also never did any heavy heavy blast staid around 1500-2000mgs of drugs a week and that would last maybe 2 months at that level

DaveY

• Getbig I
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 02:00:28 AM »
blast and cruise. as already said only concern I would have is if you want to have children. and most likely that can be achieved anyway by blasting some hcg +hmg. hrt doses will surely do you more good especially at your age when natural levels decline. even if you decide not to blast I would just stay on hrt for the well-being benefits. get some bloodwork done few times a year and only if something is not in range take supplemts to recover liver values/cholesterol.

noway55

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 01:10:52 PM »
at the point you're at i think you should be at least be on a trt dose of test... i know i would be

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 07:56:55 PM »
just use benedryl.

As a pain reliever? At what dose? I'm guilty of taking an Advil a few times a week, would switch it up if its better for me. Thanks for the replys

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 10:57:35 PM »
Why come off?
Competitors I know running big doses still get their woman pregnant.
It's a non issue.
I do blood work every three months per my doc.
I run 100mg test a week bumping it to 200mg / wk for 6 weeks then back to 100 before blood work time.
Take liv52 for your liver. Stay away from Advil and Tylenol.
Take melatonin for sleep. Also sleepy time tea w valerian to relax/ sleep.
Red yeast rice for cholesterol control.
Eat salmon and other omega 3 foods ( not fish oil caps).
Probiotics for guy health. It's that easy.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 05:31:04 AM »

Yah, TRT is not gonna happen for me. I convinced my doc (he's a cool DO, we discussed that he would be willing) to do the tests and every god damned one of my numbers was right down the middle.

So any TRT for me will have to be self-administered. Grumble.