Author Topic: Phil Heath Disses Shawn Rhoden  (Read 6886 times)

extor

• Getbig I
Phil Heath Disses Shawn Rhoden
« on: August 11, 2013, 03:29:20 PM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Phil Heath Disses Shawn Rhoden
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 04:17:05 PM »

He's right in a sense...He is not on the level Kai is when it comes to detail and muscularity. Now, he has better shape than Kai, but his detail and conditioning is not as good. On Jay, the Jay of today, Shawn is better---shape, detail, except for size. Rhoden may surprise some people.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 04:22:40 PM »
NEVER EVER underestimate anyone in bodybuilding. you know how many people thought that about Ronnie in 98 and he leaped frogged over the greatest in one jump and Rhoden is third, doubtful yes, but don't count anyone out.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 04:34:04 PM »
What I see is Phil talking straight to a dude who is secretly taping the conversation to put it online and hero himself. 

If Phil gives the politically correct bullshit response, people will call him out, if he tells the truth you still call him out. If he blows the fan off and doesn't answer then he is arrogant. If he avoids the fans then he is unapproachable. It is hard to be the king of the hill.

hp31

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 04:39:58 PM »
Wasn't a diss. Everything he said was true. It wasn't some phony pre-rehearsed answer, he was keeping it real. What do you want him to say?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 04:44:07 PM »
What I see is Phil talking straight to a dude who is secretly taping the conversation to put it online and hero himself. 

If Phil gives the politically correct bullshit response, people will call him out, if he tells the truth you still call him out. If he blows the fan off and doesn't answer then he is arrogant. If he avoids the fans then he is unapproachable. It is hard to be the king of the hill.

Exactly...If Rhoden comes in condition with detail out the wazoo, he just might shake some dudes up, and possibly repeat his third place finish again.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 04:45:44 PM »

prizm

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 04:51:14 PM »
Phil was actually being straight up which is rare in this fucked up community. Dick move to secretly record it and post it online like it's some flashy tabloid dirt  ::)

strong first post btw

extor

• Getbig I
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 04:57:06 PM »
Phil was actually being straight up which is rare in this fucked up community. Dick move to secretly record it and post it online like it's some flashy tabloid dirt  ::)

strong first post btw

thnx. somebody actually send this video to shawns twitter. probably the guy who recorded it. By the way shawn and phil are both weider ami athletes..

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 04:57:54 PM »
Also he was complimenting Kai as well...
But, what if Shawn had Phil Heath type sponsorship? I know he signed with Ronnie Coleman, but what if Shawn had Farrah or Ramy behind him?

extor

• Getbig I

AVBG

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 05:00:32 PM »
It was no diss, it was a dose reality and Rhoden himself would admit it.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 05:02:27 PM »
why didnt this make it on TMZ?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »
dropping the F-bomb.    Go Phil!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 06:59:34 PM »

Ya wtf, you are right, that was a fucken slimy move to hide the camera that way. What an asshole but Phil didn't say anything that anyone wasn't thinking, the general consensus is that Rhoden is not a threat anyway and the gap between second and third last year was miles wide.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 07:11:55 PM »
No one has Rhoden in their top 3 this year.  Phil's just telling the truth. 

MikMaq

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2013, 07:16:37 PM »
It was no diss, it was a dose reality and Rhoden himself would admit it.
End of shit thread, and this moronic belief that somehow this shit is interesting.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2013, 07:18:51 PM »
End of shit thread, and this moronic belief that somehow this shit is interesting.
It actually is, this is Olympia season and we are minutes away, you don't like it, come back to getbig in October.  ;)

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2013, 07:45:35 PM »
https://twitter.com/FlexatronRhoden/status/366679863295344640

Good lord, the commenters hating on Heath make me want to puke. Huge ass kissing going on there

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 08:12:45 PM »
It's hilarious that some people are as gung-ho about being a BBing fan as they are about being fans of other sports.

Like, it's normal to wear a Rodgers jersey and high five, chest bump your buddies when the packers score a touchdown.  But wearing a "team cutler" jersey and hooting and hollering through pre-judging...

I would expect it to be more of a Team Cutler Thong, given the current state of "fans" in bodybuilding. ;D

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 08:45:28 PM »
What did he say? I couldn't hear shit...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 08:50:03 PM »
"You put him (Rhoden) and Kai next to each other.... Kai's gonna F**K him up."  -Phil Heath, reigning Mr. Olympia

It's more surprising to see this edge to him.  It's refreshing.  Many BBers act all gentle and politically correct.  Phil is being direct and honest and real with people.  No candy coating.  Talking to fans like regular people.  I like it!

Bodybuilding fans LOVE a good rivalry.  Now Rhoden/Phil Heath storyline will be there.   it's awesome for the sport.  "Kai's gonna F**K him up!" from the reigning Mr O... that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW, does this HELP Jay Cutler?  Mr O is the best representative of the sport - - - not the best physique that day, but the best ambassador of the sport to the world.  Does this alienate some people who don't like hearing the F-bomb?  Or make fans like Heath more?  A lot of cool discussions coming form this one!

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 12:57:10 AM »

Have to agree with this

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 01:27:20 AM »
this is some beta who met heath trying to stir shit

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 01:43:50 AM »

I agree .. a lot of people don't understand how this whole industry works