Author Topic: Judge Sentenced to 28 Years For Selling Black Teens to Prisons  (Read 1736 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Judge Sentenced to 28 Years For Selling Black Teens to Prisons
August 2, 2013 | Posted by: Editorial_Staff

Mark Ciavarella Jr

AFRICANGLOBE – Disgraced Pennsylvania judge Mark Ciavarella Jr has been sentenced to 28 years in prison for conspiring with private prisons to sentence juvenile offenders to maximum sentences for bribes and kickbacks which totaled millions of dollars. He was also ordered to pay $1.2 million in restitution.

In the private prison industry the more time an inmate spends in a facility, the more of a profit is reaped from the state. Ciavearella was a figurehead in a conspiracy in the state of Pennsylvania which saw thousands of young Black men and women unjustly punished and penalized in the name of corporate profit.

According to allgov.com Ciavearella’s cases from 2003 – 2008 were reviewed by a special investigative panel and later by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and it was found that upwards of 5,000 young men and women were denied their constitutional rights, and therefore all of their convictions were dismissed and were summarily released.

During his sentencing Ciavarella was defiant, claiming he had broken no laws and claimed the money he received was a legitimate ‘finder’s fee.’ Assistant U.S. Attorney Gordon Zubrod said comments such as these were typical of Ciavarella, according to the local reporting of citizensvoice.com:

"I think that’s his way of doing things. Never retreat. Always go on the attack. Always blame somebody else. Always get them to back off. He tried it with the judge. It didn’t work." - Assistant US Attorney Gordon Zubrod

http://www.africanglobe.net/headlines/judge-sentenced-28-years-selling-black-teens-prisons/

Hmmm... I wonder if his 28 year sentence will be spent in a "PRIVATE-FOR-PROFIT" prison?
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Judge Sentenced to 28 Years For Selling Black Teens to Prisons
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 06:32:19 AM »
We haven't seen nothing yet. 
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 06:47:26 AM »
This guy should be executed

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 06:53:22 AM »
This scum who was sentenced back in 2011 (2 years ago).
Your main issue is that he was "selling black teens to prisons"? It was claimed that up to 6000 juveniles were affected. How do you know he was only "selling black teens to prisons"? What about other teens?

28 years in prison are never going to be enough (even execution wouldn't be enough) for what he, and others did. (accomplices like Judge Michael Conahan and Robert Mericle and Robert Powell-who both got a slap on the wrist unfortunately.)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 07:00:43 AM »
Your main issue is that he was "selling black teens to prisons"? It was claimed that up to 6000 juveniles were affected. How do you know he was only "selling black teens to prisons"? What about other teens?

28 years in prison are never going to be enough (even execution wouldn't be enough) for what he, and others did. (accomplices like Judge Michael Conahan and Robert Mericle and Robert Powell-who both got a slap on the wrist unfortunately.)

Racial blindness. It's a rare form of color blindness where a person only sees others of their own color.
A

James

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
A

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 07:41:48 AM »
Was about to point out that the allgov website mentioned in the article had non black teens as examples. But the source article is from the "african globe" which featured this case 10 days ago despite the fact that Ciavarella was sentenced 2 years ago. I guess the "african globe" just cater to their audience with these headlines.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 09:05:49 AM »

Of course they were black.....when blacks go to jail, the media pretty much ignores it.    This scumbag was just doing what his ancestors did back in the 1800's.....selling niggas to the highest bidders.

There seems to be no better business for some than exploiting the black man...whether its kids for cash, advertising Malt Liquor and Newport Cigarettes, or giving them a free Obamaphone for votes....there's always a sucker born every minute.

Of course, a lot of white people are just as gullible whether they are buying golf clubs, hunting gear, or scaring them into buying guns and security systems by showing them an episode of COPS and are afraid of a black guy jumping through their window and stealing their silverware...

A

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 09:47:02 AM »
That guy should be skinned and fed to the crocodiles

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 09:50:22 AM »

Of course they were black.....when blacks go to jail, the media pretty much ignores it.    This scumbag was just doing what his ancestors did back in the 1800's.....selling niggas to the highest bidders.

There seems to be no better business for some than exploiting the black man...whether its kids for cash, advertising Malt Liquor and Newport Cigarettes, or giving them a free Obamaphone for votes....there's always a sucker born every minute.

Of course, a lot of white people are just as gullible whether they are buying golf clubs, hunting gear, or scaring them into buying guns and security systems by showing them an episode of COPS and are afraid of a black guy jumping through their window and stealing their silverware...

Can you point out some data that shows that all the juveniles that Ciavarella sentenced were black?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 01:06:53 PM »
Can you point out some data that shows that all the juveniles that Ciavarella sentenced were black?

If they were mostly white, they would have have caught much sooner......for the general public, it easy to send a n igger to jail for a long time and no one would pay any attention.  That's the perception of America which has been embedded by the media
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 01:27:45 PM »

Was the judge sentenced to 28 years for selling "black" teens or for selling "teens"?

The headline was blatant anger inducing spin.

Maybe the media ignores it when a black man goes to jail because it isn't news.  Just like they ignore white people when they go to jail also.  What's makes the news?  NEWS WORTHY STORIES.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 03:25:59 PM »

Was the judge sentenced to 28 years for selling "black" teens or for selling "teens"?

Maybe the media ignores it when a black man goes to jail because it isn't news.  Just like they ignore white people when they go to jail also.  What's makes the news?  NEWS WORTHY STORIES.
Every time a black man/woman/child goes to jail, it's racist, unjust, and totally newsworthy.

Duh. Sending a "guy" to jail is modern day slavery, cause they don't even do anything deserving of jail time, evar.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 04:09:48 PM »
Every time a black man/woman/child goes to jail, it's racist, unjust, and totally newsworthy.

Duh. Sending a "guy" to jail is modern day slavery, cause they don't even do anything deserving of jail time, evar.

thanks for setting me straight.

the next black man i see i will just hand over my money to him, because he's entitled NOT to be responsible for his actions.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 04:11:07 PM »

Maybe the media ignores it when a black man goes to jail because it isn't news.  Just like they ignore white people when they go to jail also.  What's makes the news?  NEWS WORTHY STORIES.
I have to disagree with you Oz, the headline while blatent spin to you, me or any other rational person was not blatant the the OP or the other morons who believe it. To them this really is only about black ppl.....

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 04:19:43 PM »
I have to disagree with you Oz, the headline while blatent spin to you, me or any other rational person was not blatant the the OP or the other morons who believe it. To them this really is only about black ppl.....

Well let's not have those people take facts and grammar into consideration when reading anything then.

:D

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 04:22:41 PM »
If they were mostly white, they would have have caught much sooner......for the general public, it easy to send a n igger to jail for a long time and no one would pay any attention.  That's the perception of America which has been embedded by the media

::)

You know, just because you are a racist doesn't mean others are too, Vince.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 05:05:16 PM »
I'm sure they were mostly black, but that has nothing to do with this guy.
Y

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 05:49:27 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29142654/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/pa-judges-accused-jailing-kids-cash/#.UgpCMG0f2fg

Damn...these exceptionally light black people are making me question my vision.

I better call the doc for a check up.

I'll use my white privilege to get in quick.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 06:07:55 PM »
I suggest my getbig family pick up Laird Wilcox books: Crying Wolf and Watchdogs (if you can find them, they are quite rare).  Wilcox sheds light on the entire anti-racism industry.  Wilcox is a fair and thorough researcher.
A

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 07:54:28 PM »
Whoa!!! I neither wrote nor published that article, ...I merely posted it.  :)
w