Author Topic: Christian Bale reportedly offered 50 million to return as Batman for 20 minutes.  (Read 6982 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Could Christian Bale receive a big offer to return as Batbale in a future Justice League movie?

It looks like there may still be hope that Christian Bale could return as Gotham's finest in the Batman / Superman film.
A new ebook, " Beyond Batman: The Unauthorized True Story of Christian Bale and His Dark Knight Dilemma," suggests the actor is being offered up to $50 million to reprise his role of the Caped Crusader.

The book comes from Vince Russel who  simultaneously put out another unauthorized biography of WWE's Phil Brooks earlier this month.

The excerpts that sparked the fervor occur between author Vince Russel and a Legendary Pictures insider who speculates Bale could receive a big pay day to return as the dark knight.

Via The Press Association:

"Why would Christian Bale walk away from what is certainly going to be either the first or second highest grossing movie in the history of cinema?

"He could probably make 50 million dollars for being in the movie 20 minutes. And it would be worth every penny to the studio."

"Sources close to Christian Bale have reportedly begun expressing their suspicions that Bale now views the Batman films in the same light that Robert Downey Jr views the Iron Man films."

The latter isn't a surprise as we've previously said Bale is to Warner Bros. and the Batman franchise as Robert Downey Jr. is to Marvel's "Iron Man" legacy.

Just to be clear, a lot of people are running with the report that Warner Bros. has actually offered Bale $50 million to return in the role.  That doesn't seem to be the case.

Rather, it's just someone speculating that Bale could get that much money to appear in the film. Robert Downey Jr. reportedly earned $50 million for his role in last year's "The Avengers."

The price for the actor paid off when the film went on to earn more than $1.5 billion at theaters worldwide .

Downey Jr. has since re-signed with Disney and Marvel to appear in two more "Avengers" films.

Previously, Bale told Entertainment Weekly he won't be in any "Justice League" movie unless Christopher Nolan approached him with an idea.

Currently, The Hollywood Reporter says a few middle-aged actors including Joe Manganiello ("True Blood) and Ryan Gosling are up for the role as the Caped Crusader in the Batman/Superman movie due out in 2015. That would still leave room for Bale to return as Batman in the future if one of these other men play a different version of Bats (think Batman Beyond).

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Regarding the article, How does "Downey view the iron man movies"?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls

Tired of making them and being personified as Tony Stark

He wanted some new talent to take over the mantle of Tony Stark

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
To Chiro Flex and Kwon:

Downey Jr. has since re-signed with Disney and Marvel to appear in two more "Avengers" films.

Money talks.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Jack Nicholson got $60 million in 1989 for his role as the joker  8) now adjust that for inflation  :o

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
To Chiro Flex and Kwon:

Money talks.

Hah good! They must've offered him a crapload since he was so tired of Ironman after doing Iron Man 3.

Avengers 2 and 3 then! Good

Hope Bale becomes as tempted by the 50 mill offer

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Bale would be a fucking retard not to do it. A real actor would own the batman role. Downey Jr. is Iron man, and bale is batman. Bale should be flattered that people love him in the role.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

Akeelsolid

• Getbig II
That once he made a "tent pole" franchise, that even if he tired from playing the role, he was in it for the long haul.

To get back to topic, if Nolan approaches Bale, Bale will come back. Like the, article suggests, Bale in just 20 mins of the film, will easily put this movie, in the top 1-2 grossing movies of all time. (So Warner will easily cut him a blank check, or Bale, a cut of the gross (like Keanu reeves got for the Matrix) or hell, even both, with Bale making a cool $100-$150mil (if the movie is tha successful)

It would be real cool to see Bale and Cavill face off in my view.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Man...actors seem like such babies. "I'm so tired of being tony stark, blah blah blah." Make your 50 Mill and be grateful.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
That once he made a "tent pole" franchise, that even if he tired from playing the role, he was in it for the long haul.

To get back to topic, if Nolan approaches Bale, Bale will come back. Like the, article suggests, Bale in just 20 mins of the film, will easily put this movie, in the top 1-2 grossing movies of all time. (So Warner will easily cut him a blank check, or Bale, a cut of the gross (like Keanu reeves got for the Matrix) or hell, even both, with Bale making a cool $100-$150mil (if the movie is tha successful)

It would be real cool to see Bale and Cavill face off in my view.
Yeah Keanu made 80+ million off of the Matrix trilogy. Why scoff at the people who made you?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Jack Nicholson got $60 million in 1989 for his role as the joker  8) now adjust that for inflation  :o

WOW that's a lot of $ back then.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
WOW that's a lot of $ back then.

I still think it's the highest single pay out for a movie

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
True, but he was one of the pioneers to pick the "back end profits clause". He made a big gamble back then. I think he made shit for an actual salary. Jack banked on the box office.

ukjeff

True, but he was one of the pioneers to pick the "back end profits clause". He made a big gamble back then. I think he made shit for an actual salary. Jack banked on the box office.
He got 6 million fixed fee, then cumulative box office earnings.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Bale would be a fucking retard not to do it. A real actor would own the batman role. Downey Jr. is Iron man, and bale is batman. Bale should be flattered that people love him in the role.

I actually don't give a shit about Bale as Batman to be honest.

He's not the best batman ever, so who gives a damn.

Lots of good actors could be Batman and be just as good, hell... most would be better.

Christian Bale is "meh" as far as I'm concerned.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I wanna see Jay Cutler play batman in the movie.   That'd be excellent.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V

Lots of good actors could be Batman and be just as good, hell... most would be better.

I agree with you. Bale seems like he is above everyone. Dude, take a boatload of cash, and play the role you are most known for.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
I agree with you. Bale seems like he is above everyone. Dude, take a boatload of cash, and play the role you are most known for.

What's funny is that Bale can afford to turn down 50 mill USD for something he can play without any effort at all :D

I can understand him turning something down if he felt that the role/character was too difficult/that he couldn't do the character justice etc, but the Batman-character must be the most effortless and easiest thing to do for Bale , something he could do in his sleep.

I could also understand him turning a role down if he felt that it would tarnish his career.

But let's face it, Bale has become synonymous with the modern Batman as well as Downey with Stark.

How hard can it be? And for 50 mill to boot.

I'd say Make an effort for the fans Bale! Even if you think the role is boring!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
What's funny is that Bale can afford to turn down 50 mill USD for something he can play without any effort at all :D

I can understand him turning something down if he felt that the role/character was too difficult/that he couldn't do the character justice etc, but the Batman-character must be the most effortless and easiest thing to do for Bale , something he could do in his sleep.

I could also understand him turning a role down if he felt that it would tarnish his career.

But let's face it, Bale has become synonymous with the modern Batman as well as Downey with Stark.

How hard can it be? And for 50 mill to boot.

I'd say Make an effort for the fans Bale! Even if you think the role is boring!

Its all for the fans Kwon! Who is Bale to turn it down? His head is obviously getting to big. Maybe he should do the Machinist 2  ::)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
Its all for the fans Kwon! Who is Bale to turn it down? His head is obviously getting to big. Maybe he should do the Machinist 2  ::)

I mean, for 50 mill even I would give the role of Batman a shot, but it is quite unlikely they would want to have my undieted self playing that role! :D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Lets be real here. The guy is a decent actor. What is he most known for? Batman and American Psycho (more of a cult classic) He does not have a plethora of great movies. He needs to strike while the iron is hot.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
Lets be real here. The guy is a decent actor. What is he most known for? Batman and American Psycho (more of a cult classic) He does not have a plethora of great movies. He needs to strike while the iron is hot.

Even still, he can afford to turn movies down considering all he's made so far.

I understand if he's tired of being synonymous with Batman...

You know actors can be quirky and wants to be "challenged" and play "intelligent challenging" roles etc.. :D

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
Those movies aren't even good.

Z Father

• Getbig III

This.  Who gives a shit who plays Batman, like he's the only good actor in the world