Author Topic: Federal Reserve wont let Germany see all its gold...lolol  (Read 29515 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Federal Reserve wont let Germany see all its gold...lolol
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »
Yeah but when the "apocalypse"  (hahahahaaaaaa ) comes... it won't be worth anything. It's a heavy hunk of shiny metal.

Hopefully you'll be a nice cool jail cell where you'll feel right at home.

ukjeff

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 03:23:36 PM »
No because everyone can make and has access to pink clothes pegs. It has to be a natural resources with a certain degree of rarity.
We would make special pink clothes pegs with registration numbers on them, a limited edition set as it were, come on Wiggs ,have you no imagination.   ;D
That way it would be far better than gold.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 03:24:08 PM »
As are platinum and tanzanite even more so. But Gold has multiple uses which make it even more precious.

Yes platinum is the shit too.

ukjeff

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 03:26:01 PM »
What has more value to a starving man?

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 03:26:37 PM »
Hopefully you'll be a nice cool jail cell where you'll feel right at home.

Anytime you would like to compare earthly possessions,  looks, build, jobs...let me know you fat  Jobless monkey. I am superior to you in every measurable aspect.... hahahaaaaa  :D

Oly15

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 03:26:43 PM »
Knowing these elitists they probably need gold to power some of the machines theyve built and discovered how to use it to expinentially increase electric flow/power

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 03:27:22 PM »
I think diamonds are more rare and worth more. I could be wrong though.

You are.  From what is known, there are huge amounts of mined diamonds that are held in clearing houses for the future because if they ever all went on the market the value would plummet.  They only sprinkle some on the market to keep the "rarity" of it up to keep values up.  There are numerous stories of diamond mines in the Arctic and Siberia that have billions to trillions of karats of diamonds.  Just read up on DeBeers and the shit they've done to ensure people don't flood the market.

Now Platinum is rare.  From what I understand.  They believe the worlds reserve to be enough to fill an Olympic Pool.  That's it.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 03:31:33 PM »
You are.  From what is known, there are huge amounts of mined diamonds that are held in clearing houses for the future because if they ever all went on the market the value would plummet.  They only sprinkle some on the market to keep the "rarity" of it up to keep values up.  There are numerous stories of diamond mines in the Arctic and Siberia that have billions to trillions of karats of diamonds.  Just read up on DeBeers and the shit they've done to ensure people don't flood the market.

Now Platinum is rare.  From what I understand.  They believe the worlds reserve to be enough to fill an Olympic Pool.  That's it.

There are also clear and cloudy diamonds. Clear for jewelry and cloudy ones mostly used for computer components.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2013, 03:36:15 PM »
Crude oil is another perfect currency being finite and unreproducible, thats why Arabs have such riches or it would be just another Africa.

Maybe we can siphoned off underground all the way to USA, like that guy did in there will be blood, that would be great trolling.

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2013, 03:39:16 PM »
Crude oil is another perfect currency being finite and unreproducible, thats why Arabs have such riches or it would be just another Africa.

Maybe we can siphoned off underground all the way to USA, like that guy did in there will be blood, that would be great trolling.

Crude oil powers the world... It's a little different

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2013, 03:42:19 PM »
Crude oil powers the world... It's a little different

That's a point of it being a currency. Gold powers the world as well in computers.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2013, 03:46:59 PM »
America took advantage of post WWII, and has invested so much into its military and nuclear weapons, making it difficult for the world to fight back.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2013, 03:49:21 PM »
 If Jesus was a black man  :-[ would you sell him to Romans
for a fistful of golden coins  ;D ;D ;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2013, 03:55:35 PM »
America took advantage of post WWII, and has invested so much into its military and nuclear weapons, making it difficult for the world to fight back.
Ding Ding Ding.

We're prepared for the coming shitstorm.... we'll just kill everyone and take what we want.  ;D

Unfortunately, I have a feeling some sort of malicious biological agent is going to thin the world population... and it probably wont discriminate.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »
If kitco.com forum is going to be regurgitated on this knuckle draggers board.....at least link the thread.

https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?t=123108

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2013, 04:20:42 PM »
its worth is calculated by how much effort the mining to extract it is and demand on markets.

indeed theres much more rare things out there.

Sure the entire platinum family of metals.......

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2013, 04:31:16 PM »
shiny rocks.  :-\ only gold I want is in the form of a 18k submariner with a black strap.... i'll take oil over gold.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2013, 04:51:55 PM »
I get the Die Hard reference  :-*

We're the only two sane dudes left in this thread ...

Jizzacked

« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2013, 05:00:24 PM »
Like it or not, gold was assigned an intrinsic value by people and civilizations thousands of years ago.  It is a vessel of wealth, and exists in a relatively finite amount.  Fiat currency is a volatile measure of wealth, subject to extreme changes and constantly in danger of being rendered worthless.  Gold will always be a safe haven to store wealth, and is incredibly important.  It is no anomaly that China and Russia have been buying up these reserves as fast as they can get their hands on it.  Gold will always be invaluable as a hedge against the crooked nature of fantasy money that is conjured in the form of notes, stock market trends, etc. 

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2013, 06:31:54 PM »
You can print more money, but you can't print more gold. Gold is a commodity, true, but it is also a store of wealth that is unconnected to modern fiat currencies. It's value, like with all commodities, is in its scarcity.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2013, 06:33:36 PM »
We're the only two sane dudes left in this thread ...
Pffft, I was lol'ing hard when I read it... Just couldn't post.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2013, 06:38:07 PM »
Anytime you would like to compare earthly possessions,  looks, build, jobs...let me know you fat  Jobless monkey. I am superior to you in every measurable aspect.... hahahaaaaa  :D

Have fun while you have them old man, because you can't bring them to hell with you.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2013, 06:42:18 PM »
Like it or not, gold was assigned an intrinsic value by people and civilizations thousands of years ago.  It is a vessel of wealth, and exists in a relatively finite amount.  Fiat currency is a volatile measure of wealth, subject to extreme changes and constantly in danger of being rendered worthless.  Gold will always be a safe haven to store wealth, and is incredibly important.  It is no anomaly that China and Russia have been buying up these reserves as fast as they can get their hands on it.  Gold will always be invaluable as a hedge against the crooked nature of fantasy money that is conjured in the form of notes, stock market trends, etc. 

This

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2013, 07:09:39 PM »
Over thousands of years gold has proven to hold it's value versus the price of commodities. It is the most convenient and stable medium of barter that the world has ever seen. Financial meltdowns are created by fiat currency.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2013, 08:36:46 PM »
What has more value to a starving man?

While it's true that value is subjective and situational, the scenario you describe almost never actually occurs. That's why the gold is worth more.