Author Topic: quesion for peter PARKER  (Read 1231 times)

Z Father

• Getbig III
quesion for peter PARKER
« on: August 15, 2013, 06:13:48 PM »
Do you watch the SCCA. Rolex series.?

I love the classes,  very entertaining racing.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: quesion for peter PARKER
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 06:37:02 PM »
Do you watch the SCCA. Rolex series.?

I love the classes,  very entertaining racing.
yes...I do, but not that much when I get a chance...And I will be watching the Baltimore race on 8/31...will be out of town, and I wanted to go.
Viper recently won at Road America
I think this new United Sports Car Racing series will shit the bed, primarily because Nascar is involved, which means they try to limit the amount of money spent (Grand Am) for closer racing. I like the Deltawing.

I was a real big fan of the GT1 class back in the mid to late 90s---it had the Mclaren F1, Porsche 911 GT1, Mercedes CLK GT1/CLR, Nissan r390, Toyota GT-One, and others...these were the big dogs.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:40:47 PM »
It's fun to watch now and then. It's far more fun to actually go out and run around a road course. I'd like to get into amateur road racing..... but it's so much fucking money.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 07:37:16 PM »
It's fun to watch now and then. It's far more fun to actually go out and run around a road course. I'd like to get into amateur road racing..... but it's so much fucking money.
How about Go-karting? I was thinking about that...and even then that can get expensive.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 07:40:08 PM »
How about Go-karting? I was thinking about that...and even then that can get expensive.
When I was a kid, I had a good friend who was into Go-Karting... They spent a mint going out to tracks.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 07:44:44 PM »
I got a friend that races the Nascar modified circuit, one tire costs like $500 and then you got gas, pay a pit crew not to mention the initial car cost about $100,000.00 without the engine very expensive only to win like $3000.00 if you win.

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 07:48:31 PM »

Yup. I'll never forget one of my buddies was a mechanic and I wanted him to do mods on my car... so I ask him how fast it will be when he's done...and he said "well, how much money ya got ?"

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 08:08:51 PM »
Parker , this Saturday we are  going  to watch the Lucas Oil Nationals , do I need earplugs ?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 08:16:41 PM »
Parker , this Saturday we are  going  to watch the Lucas Oil Nationals , do I need earplugs ?

No. Stand right next to the line when the fuel cars are doing their burnouts, no earplugs. Youll be fine.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 08:21:37 PM »
No. Stand right next to the line when the fuel cars are doing their burnouts, no earplugs. Youll be fine.

don't do this^

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2013, 08:27:23 PM »
don't do this^

???

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 08:31:23 PM »
???
dont be a pussy.

do it fag*ot

standing next to the rail at the finish line and watching the fuelers come at you is pretty intense too.

also best experienced with no earplugs.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 09:19:59 PM »
I got a friend that races the Nascar modified circuit, one tire costs like $500 and then you got gas, pay a pit crew not to mention the initial car cost about $100,000.00 without the engine very expensive only to win like $3000.00 if you win.
Everything costs a mint these days...
Yup. I'll never forget one of my buddies was a mechanic and I wanted him to do mods on my car... so I ask him how fast it will be when he's done...and he said "well, how much money ya got ?"
Well, I guess there is always Soapbox derbies...

I do seriously want to go to race in Baltimore...the things we do for Family, lol.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 09:24:16 PM »

Ear plugs or not, you will feel the top fuel cars...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 01:27:34 AM »
Ear plugs or not, you will feel the top fuel cars...
Groink said he had a GTA, and I was just think about someone I know that has a GTA drag car...

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 02:13:10 AM »
Top fuelers are the loudest thing I've ever heard in my life. The sound is brutal. The only thing that could top that would be a space shuttle launch.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 02:44:57 AM »
Top fuelers are the loudest thing I've ever heard in my life. The sound is brutal. The only thing that could top that would be a space shuttle launch.

And like rocket launches you can feel the sound shock waves. Even deaf people would be blown away by top fuel dragsters.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 07:04:11 PM »

lol

praise the loud

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 07:22:42 PM »

standing next to the rail at the finish line and watching the fuelers come at you is pretty intense too.

;D

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 07:47:17 PM »
So, we have Heisenberg and Spider-Man posting here? Hmm...