Author Topic: Darren Young comes out  (Read 3051 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
Darren Young comes out
« on: August 16, 2013, 06:21:29 AM »
Good for him. I'm sure he's getting a lot of support from the boys. 20 years ago this could have never happen.  Although,  Pat Patterson and Jim Barnett never got any shit from the boys to my knowledge.

Thoughts?

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
Re: Darren Young comes out
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 06:25:31 AM »
could care less any way its his personal life this is who he is as a person not his choice. this has nothing to do with his career as long as he earns what he gets and gives it his all is what is important.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 03:26:34 AM »
Not sure why but wrestling seems to be more chill and accepting of homosexuals. Maybe just the nature of the sport. Patterson, Kanyon, plus I'm sure many others that are probably out to the wrestlers but not the world.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 03:56:50 PM »
There are probably a couple of more than haven't come out yet

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »
Not sure why but wrestling seems to be more chill and accepting of homosexuals. Maybe just the nature of the sport. Patterson, Kanyon, plus I'm sure many others that are probably out to the wrestlers but not the world.

Have you ever spent time around pro-wrestlers? It is honestly the oddest subculture of people I've ever seen. It's like "Misfit Island" and just about anyone and everyone is accepted. At least, that was my experience. We had greenhorn Indy guys and ECW/WCW veterans.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:51 AM »
Wrestlers are all kinda gay in a way.
They hug each other a lot, tell each other they love them, walk around naked all the time it is very weird at times. I could go on.
And yes you can include my old man in all that stuff.

I'm gonna have to write something one day on wrestling subculture.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 06:07:53 AM »

Have you ever spent time around pro-wrestlers? It is honestly the oddest subculture of people I've ever seen. It's like "Misfit Island" and just about anyone and everyone is accepted. At least, that was my experience. We had greenhorn Indy guys and ECW/WCW veterans.

Billy Jack Haynes used to come into my work all the time when I was in high school. Also had a high school security guard was former wrestler but not much else. I see what you're saying they have a unique culture.

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 11:12:42 AM »
I called this from day one of him being on NXT....Good for him tho and i hope the guys are supporting him

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 09:32:36 AM »
not a big deal in this day and age. just another way for vinny mac to tap into another demographic. a few years back he was looking for a chinese giant, so this fits in perfect with his master plan. notice darren y and his partner are actually getting a push after being pretty much being buried as a crime-time rip-off.[prime-time players].
F

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 07:17:06 AM »
They hug each other a lot, tell each other they love them, walk around naked all the time it is very weird at times. I could go on.

Please do!

Painlayer69

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2013, 12:34:14 PM »

Its not being gay because you hug someone OR say you love them, Its a brotherhood.....You build a bond with them because of how you become able to trust each other with your very lives. If one thing in the ring goes wrong it could end up being life threatening and because of the trust you build alot of deep bonds with the guys.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 07:49:15 AM »
Its not being gay because you hug someone OR say you love them, Its a brotherhood.....You build a bond with them because of how you become able to trust each other with your very lives. If one thing in the ring goes wrong it could end up being life threatening and because of the trust you build alot of deep bonds with the guys.

I'm very aware how the wrestling buisness works and thats not exactly what I meant by wrestlers being gay.