Author Topic: California Considers Punishing Youth Groups Against Homosexuality  (Read 1445 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
How tolerant of them...  ::)

http://christiannews.net/2013/08/14/california-considers-punishing-youth-groups-against-homosexuality-as-bathroom-bill-becomes-law/

California Considers Punishing Youth Groups Against Homosexuality as ‘Bathroom Bill’ Becomes Law

SACRAMENTO – On the same day that the governor of California signed a bill into law mandating that boys who identify as girls be allowed to use girls’ bathrooms and vice versa, a California committee approved legislation which would cause any non-profit organizations that do not embrace homosexuals to lose tax-exempt status.

Senate Bill 323 (SB323) was first introduced in mid-February by Ricardo Lara, a Democratic state senator from Los Angeles. Lara is himself an open homosexual, as well as a member of the California Legislative LGBT Caucus. According to the bill’s introduction, SB323 would “provide that an organization that is a public charity youth organization that discriminates on the basis of gender identity, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, or religious affiliation is not exempt from [state taxes].”

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: California Considers Punishing Youth Groups Against Homosexuality
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 06:30:53 AM »
How tolerant of them...  ::)

http://christiannews.net/2013/08/14/california-considers-punishing-youth-groups-against-homosexuality-as-bathroom-bill-becomes-law/

California Considers Punishing Youth Groups Against Homosexuality as ‘Bathroom Bill’ Becomes Law

SACRAMENTO – On the same day that the governor of California signed a bill into law mandating that boys who identify as girls be allowed to use girls’ bathrooms and vice versa, a California committee approved legislation which would cause any non-profit organizations that do not embrace homosexuals to lose tax-exempt status.

Senate Bill 323 (SB323) was first introduced in mid-February by Ricardo Lara, a Democratic state senator from Los Angeles. Lara is himself an open homosexual, as well as a member of the California Legislative LGBT Caucus. According to the bill’s introduction, SB323 would “provide that an organization that is a public charity youth organization that discriminates on the basis of gender identity, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, or religious affiliation is not exempt from [state taxes].”

Homos like them or not pay taxes so i see a point with this.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 07:16:45 AM »
HAHHAHAH I FUCKING CALLE DTHIS YEARS AGO AND THE LIBTARD LEFTIES ON THIS BOARD MOCKED ME

hahhaha fucking unreal, anybody with a brain could have seen that this was in line with the logical line of fundy liberal thinking but they still denied it

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 07:31:11 AM »
Homos like them or not pay taxes so i see a point with this.

What point?

How are any of their rights superior to any other person's rights?

T-REX007

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 07:32:32 AM »
It does seem like the gay agenda is getting more and more aggressive. Legislating morality can be a slippery slope.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 08:38:00 AM »
HAHHAHAH I FUCKING CALLE DTHIS YEARS AGO AND THE LIBTARD LEFTIES ON THIS BOARD MOCKED ME

hahhaha fucking unreal, anybody with a brain could have seen that this was in line with the logical line of fundy liberal thinking but they still denied it

you predicted that groups that are organized as a public charity that discriminates against people based on gender identity, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion or religious affiliation would lose their tax exempt status?

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 08:45:56 AM »
In before NO ONE accuses you of being bi-sexual

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 08:52:30 AM »
you predicted that groups that are organized as a public charity that discriminates against people based on gender identity, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion or religious affiliation would lose their tax exempt status?
nope that fairies would be allowed to choose what bathroom they want to use

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 09:04:19 AM »
nope that fairies would be allowed to choose what bathroom they want to use

seriously man, are you really this dumb

the law is about transgender people and not gay people

If I recall your hysteria was about gay men sharing the same locker room with you

You do understand that this law has nothing to do with that and that homosexual men already share a locker room with you
and that this law does not allow gay men (or women) to choose which bathroom they want to use

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »

What point?

How are any of their rights superior to any other person's rights?

Would you support tax breaks for Groups that discriminated against you?

All is equal. If Groups that discriminate against hetero's get tax breaks im against that as well.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 10:19:33 AM »

LOL

of course you literally cannot understand my response to Tonys  stupidity but it seems you also believe that anyone who support equal rights for gay people must be gay

jut like anyone who supported equal rights for black people must be black (even if they appear to be white) and just like anyone who is against discrimination of handicapped people must be handicapped even if they can stand up and walk

make perfect sense

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »

All is equal. If Groups that discriminate against hetero's get tax breaks im against that as well.

how about groups that discriminate against white people

after all the proposed legislation includes discrimination on the basis of gender identity, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, or religious affiliation

no protection though for discrimination against morons so Tony and Andy are not covered

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 10:29:07 AM »
how about groups that discriminate against white people

after all the proposed legislation includes discrimination on the basis of gender identity, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, or religious affiliation

no protection though for discrimination against morons so Tony and Andy are not covered

Them to..

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 11:27:27 AM »

How exactly do those groups discriminate against gays?

So now anyone who feels that homosexuality is wrong is discriminating against gays?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 12:32:18 PM »

So now anyone who feels that homosexuality is wrong is discriminating against gays?

I'm curious about that as well. It's not impossible (or even unlikely) but nowadays, disagreeing with something is often branded discriminatory.

Personally, I don't want people to be discriminated against, but then again, I don't believe that it's the government's job to prevent and/or punish discrimination.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 01:38:29 PM »
I'm curious about that as well. It's not impossible (or even unlikely) but nowadays, disagreeing with something is often branded discriminatory.

Personally, I don't want people to be discriminated against, but then again, I don't believe that it's the government's job to prevent and/or punish discrimination.

why are you mentioning only gays and why does the title of this thread only mention gays

the proposed law would “provide that an organization that is a public charity youth organization that discriminates on the basis of gender identity, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, or religious affiliation is not exempt from [state taxes].”

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »
why are you mentioning only gays and why does the title of this thread only mention gays

the proposed law would “provide that an organization that is a public charity youth organization that discriminates on the basis of gender identity, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, or religious affiliation is not exempt from [state taxes].”

Uhm... you may want to read my post again. I didn't mention the word "gay" once. Also I didn't start the thread. So of the two questions you addressed to me one makes no sense and the other is just stupid.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 03:14:31 PM »
Uhm... you may want to read my post again. I didn't mention the word "gay" once. Also I didn't start the thread. So of the two questions you addressed to me one makes no sense and the other is just stupid.

were you not responding to Dario73 who wrote

"

to which you responded

so what exactly was it you were curious about as well if not the "gays" as mentioned by Dario?

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 04:09:14 PM »
were you not responding to Dario73 who wrote

"
to which you responded

so what exactly was it you were curious about as well if not the "gays" as mentioned by Dario?

What kind of ridiculous logic is that? Yes, I was curious how this group discriminated against gays, since that's what they were accused of. Am I, then, supposed to ask why they don't discriminate (or aren't accused of discriminating) against other groups?!?

Seriously, what's wrong with you?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 05:46:04 PM »
What kind of ridiculous logic is that? Yes, I was curious how this group discriminated against gays, since that's what they were accused of. Am I, then, supposed to ask why they don't discriminate (or aren't accused of discriminating) against other groups?!?

Seriously, what's wrong with you?

he only mentioned gays in his question and when responding to his question say you were curious about "that" as well but "disagreeing with something is often branded discriminatory"

I guess we could assume you meant disagreeing with homosexuality or race or whether someone is handicapped

do alot of people normally "disagree" with someones race or whether they are handicapped

I assume even though Dario only mentioned gays that you were agreeing with him about how confusing it is that when you "disagree" with someones race or the fact that they are in a wheelchair that it is often branded as discriminatory

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 12:21:46 PM »
he only mentioned gays in his question and when responding to his question say you were curious about "that" as well but "disagreeing with something is often branded discriminatory"

Right. He only mentioned gays. So why should I ask about whether this group also discriminates against, say, blacks? When my dentist asks me if my tooth hurts, I don't reply "well, you know, I have this nagging pain in my thumb."

I guess we could assume you meant disagreeing with homosexuality or race or whether someone is handicapped

You can assume whatever you want but what I meant was that people who disagree with a particular viewpoint are often branded with names by those with whom they disagree. You don't believe in university quotas: you're a racist. You don't believe that a fetus is a person: you're a murder. And so on. The problem with that approach is that words have meaning. Disagreeing with University quotas doesn't make me a racist, and believing that a fetus isn't a person doesn't make me a murderer.

do alot of people normally "disagree" with someones race or whether they are handicapped

If a group is arguing for segregation on the basis that races must be kept separated, then yes, I disagree with that group; I can do that without disagreeing with someone's race. Similarly, if a group argues for more quota systems in Universities, then yes, I disagree with that group; I can do that without disagreeing with anyone's race.

It's disingenuous (although stupid might be more apt) of you to pretend that anything I wrote this is even remotely controversial.

I assume even though Dario only mentioned gays that you were agreeing with him about how confusing it is that when you "disagree" with someones race or the fact that they are in a wheelchair that it is often branded as discriminatory

Except that's what not what I meant, your assumptions notwithstanding. I wanted to know how this group was discriminated against, more specifically than was actually stated in this thread. How this morphed into whatever it morphed to in your head is beyond me.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 09:41:38 PM »
Right. He only mentioned gays. So why should I ask about whether this group also discriminates against, say, blacks? When my dentist asks me if my tooth hurts, I don't reply "well, you know, I have this nagging pain in my thumb."

You can assume whatever you want but what I meant was that people who disagree with a particular viewpoint are often branded with names by those with whom they disagree. You don't believe in university quotas: you're a racist. You don't believe that a fetus is a person: you're a murder. And so on. The problem with that approach is that words have meaning. Disagreeing with University quotas doesn't make me a racist, and believing that a fetus isn't a person doesn't make me a murderer.

If a group is arguing for segregation on the basis that races must be kept separated, then yes, I disagree with that group; I can do that without disagreeing with someone's race. Similarly, if a group argues for more quota systems in Universities, then yes, I disagree with that group; I can do that without disagreeing with anyone's race.

It's disingenuous (although stupid might be more apt) of you to pretend that anything I wrote this is even remotely controversial.

Except that's what not what I meant, your assumptions notwithstanding. I wanted to know how this group was discriminated against, more specifically than was actually stated in this thread. How this morphed into whatever it morphed to in your head is beyond me.

there is no group being discriminated agaist

it's just a possible bill that might be proposed that would

According to the bill’s introduction, SB323 would “provide that an organization that is a public charity youth organization that discriminates on the basis of gender identity, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, or religious affiliation is not exempt from [state taxes].”

and that possible bill was "reported" on by a christian website and then posted here