Author Topic: Israeli Supreme Court bans water fluoridation  (Read 6071 times)

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
Re: Israeli Supreme Court bans water fluoridation
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2013, 08:55:46 AM »
Great. What's her professional view on water fluoridation?

Huh, don't know! I'll ask when she gets back from the GYM......now this thread is BB related.  :D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2013, 08:58:06 AM »
I grew up on well water. When you get older, drink beer. Ask Arnold (bb related).

theredeemer

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 09:10:49 AM »
At the very minimum, fluoride is "forced medication."  Fuck that.

theredeemer

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 09:15:21 AM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 09:32:33 AM »
You'd imagine that with fluoride in the water for decades we'd be hearing about calcified pineal glands left and right if that were there the case... and yet, this is the first I've heard of it. That's not to say its not possible. Which brings us to a simple question:

Are there any scientific studies which show a statistically siginificant relationship between fluoride and "calcification of the pineal gland"?

I think that they are studying it...and if it found to be bad, then there will be studies funded by lobbyists that say the opposite...dentists are always pushing fluoride treatment, and it's in our toothpaste and drinking water
But
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineal_gland

missile

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2013, 09:33:55 AM »
I think that they are studying it...and if it found to be bad, then there will be studies funded by lobbyists that say the opposite...dentists are always pushing fluoride treatment, and it's in our toothpaste and drinking water
But
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineal_gland

Bro dentists just know teeth.  They don't know what it does to the rest of the body.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2013, 09:39:46 AM »
At the very minimum, fluoride is "forced medication."  Fuck that.

Water is also toxic to humans... at the right amount.

Oxygen is also toxic to humans... at the right amount.

Your point?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2013, 09:43:27 AM »

Your point?

The point is water H2O and O are naturally occurring. Sodium Fluoride is not. and we don't have water and oxygen forced down our throats.   

theredeemer

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2013, 09:46:00 AM »

Your point?

Surely you are not this obtuse, and are simply being disingenuous.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2013, 09:57:01 AM »

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2013, 10:18:35 AM »
The point is water H2O and O are naturally occurring.

Right, and? Hydrogen cyanide is also naturally occurring.

Sodium Fluoride is not.

Not true - sodium fluoride is naturally occurring. Sorry to burst your bubble. Also – and this may blow whatever you have in your head instead of a mind – fluoridated water is also naturally occurring. Oh, the horror. The horror!

and we don't have water and oxygen forced down our throats.

Uhm... unless you breathe air and drink water, you will die. I'd say that qualifies as having them forced down your throat. LITERALLY.

Surely you are not this obtuse, and are simply being disingenuous.

Why would you say that? You provided pictures showing something was a toxic poison. And? Just about anything can be toxic, in the right amount, and in the amounts presented in properly fluoridated water, you'd die of water toxicity long before you suffered any ill effects from the fluoride.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2013, 10:24:16 AM »
what kills more people and ruins societies and is not naturally occurring?

phaggotry

~

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2013, 10:31:11 AM »
How about at least giving people a choice to weather or not they want to be medicated with added fluoride?

So people like avox who feel they need to be medicated with extra fluoride should be able to buy such water for themselves.

Forced medication is fundamentally wrong.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2013, 10:42:08 AM »
How about at least giving people a choice to weather or not they want to be medicated with added fluoride?

So people like avox who feel they need to be medicated with extra fluoride should be able to buy such water for themselves.

Forced medication is fundamentally wrong.

That is a sensible approach – certainly forcing people to be medicated against their will, especially in the absence of a compelling public health rationale is bad. If people don't want the cavity protection fluoride affords them, that's fine; only their teeth are at risk.

Unfortunately, instead of stopping there, you felt it necessary to spout that I "feel the need to be medicated." You don't know that, and it's stupid to make that statement because all it does is serve to detract from your valid point. For all you know, I neither like nor consume fluoridated water. That wouldn't prevent me from having this discussion and adopting the position I have.

Sheesh, it's like the average I.Q. on here is potato...

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2013, 10:50:20 AM »
That is a sensible approach – certainly forcing people to be medicated against their will, especially in the absence of a compelling public health rationale is bad. If people don't want the cavity protection fluoride affords ten, that's fine; only their teeth are at risk.

Unfortunately, instead of stopping there, you felt it necessary to spout that I "feel the need to be medicated." You don't know that, and it's stupid to make that statement because all it does is serve to detract from your valid point. For all you know, I neither like nor consume fluoridated water. That wouldn't profound me from having this discussion and adopting the position I have.

Sheesh, it's like the average I.Q. on here is potato...

HAHA, You're mad!  :D

You correctly stated everything even water in high enough amounts can reach toxic levels, yet you say adding extra fluoride is no big deal because it is a naturally found compound?

Why is adding fluoride past natural amounts a good idea when it as with everything else increases toxicity?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2013, 11:29:10 AM »
If your system is kickin back toothpaste you are a manly man...

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2013, 11:30:16 AM »
HAHA, You're mad!  :D

You correctly stated everything even water in high enough amounts can reach toxic levels, yet you say adding extra fluoride is no big deal because it is a naturally found compound?

Why is adding fluoride past natural amounts a good idea when it as with everything else increases toxicity?

Come on... seriously? You are this fucking stupid?

I'll repeat what I wrote before – if the amount of fluoride present in water (either naturally or by supplementation) is at the recommended level then you will be dead by the toxicity of the water itself (regardless of the fluoride) long before you accumulate a clinically significant amount of fluoride in your body.

Let's play math and consider a worst-case scenario: the maximum recommended amount for fluoride is 1 milligram per liter of water. Let's assume that your water has twice that much. Let's also assume that all of it is sodium fluoride. Let's also assume that 1 gram of sodium fluoride will kill you – in reality you need about 10. Our simple equation is:

(2 milligrams of NaF per liter of water) * (1 gram per 1000 milligrams) * (x liters of water) = 1 gram of NaF

In other words, you'd need to drink 500 liters of water – that's over 132 gallons of water, or over 5 gallons an hour for 24 hours straight. Please remember that the human stomach can hold (on average) just over a gallon and the average human can excrete a maximum of a quarter gallon per hour under ideal circumstances.

It should be clear as day that short of eating a spoonful or two of NaF powder, consuming enough sodium fluoride is just not doable.

To address your other question, which seems to be "if water is toxic why add more toxic stuff to it?" well... the answer to that is that scientists who know this stuff much better than you have determined the benefits of fluoridating water by helping improve the dental health of the population at large outweigh the realloy small risks.

If you disagree with their assessment – and you can – buy a water pitcher and filter your water. Or don't drink water at all. But don't pretend that your disagreement has a basis in science. It doesn't.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2013, 11:35:52 AM »
*shakes head*

There has been no evidence that fluoridation, at the levels used in water, causes anything except healthier teeth. But the nutjobs need to bitch about something... contrails, wifi, fluoride in the water, etc.

So a country that is full of Hierarchy bloodline who control the world banks(meaning everything) is banning fluoride yet you believe that said country is run by tin foil hats? WTF

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2013, 11:41:54 AM »
Right, and? Hydrogen cyanide is also naturally occurring.

Not true - sodium fluoride is naturally occurring. Sorry to burst your bubble. Also – and this may blow whatever you have in your head instead of a mind – fluoridated water is also naturally occurring. Oh, the horror. The horror!

Uhm... unless you breathe air and drink water, you will die. I'd say that qualifies as having them forced down your throat. LITERALLY.

Why would you say that? You provided pictures showing something was a toxic poison. And? Just about anything can be toxic, in the right amount, and in the amounts presented in properly fluoridated water, you'd die of water toxicity long before you suffered any ill effects from the fluoride.

Rofl wiggs getting bent over here.  Wiggs tell us more about the "olive skinned" blacks :D

For all you anti-fluoridists......what is the motive for putting it in drinking water, if not for public health?  Do the producers of sodium fluoride have that much influence over legislators?

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2013, 11:48:03 AM »
So a country that is full of Hierarchy bloodline who control the world banks(meaning everything) is banning fluoride yet you believe that said country is run by tin foil hats? WTF

The hierarchy? World banks? Huh? I'm a scientist. I crunch numbers and look at quantifiable facts. Come back when you have some.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2013, 11:52:35 AM »
Come on... seriously? You are this fucking stupid?

I'll repeat what I wrote before – if the amount of fluoride present in water (either naturally or by supplementation) is at the recommended level then you will be dead by the toxicity of the water itself (regardless of the fluoride) long before you accumulate a clinically significant amount of fluoride in your body.

Let's play math and consider a worst-case scenario: the maximum recommended amount for fluoride is 1 milligram per liter of water. Let's assume that your water has twice that much. Let's also assume that all of it is sodium fluoride. Let's also assume that 1 gram of sodium fluoride will kill you – in reality you need about 10. Our simple equation is:

(2 milligrams of NaF per liter of water) * (1 gram per 1000 milligrams) * (x liters of water) = 1 gram of NaF

In other words, you'd need to drink 500 liters of water – that's over 132 gallons of water, or over 5 gallons an hour for 24 hours straight. Please remember that the human stomach can hold (on average) just over a gallon and the average human can excrete a maximum of a quarter gallon per hour under ideal circumstances.

It should be clear as day that short of eating a spoonful or two of NaF powder, consuming enough sodium fluoride is just not doable.

To address your other question, which seems to be "if water is toxic why add more toxic stuff to it?" well... the answer to that is that scientists who know this stuff much better than you have determined the benefits of fluoridating water by helping improve the dental health of the population at large outweigh the realloy small risks.

If you disagree with their assessment – and you can – buy a water pitcher and filter your water. Or don't drink water at all. But don't pretend that your disagreement has a basis in science. It doesn't.

Well... professor avxo. It's not whether or not it is biologically toxic, or at what amounts, it is more about it's potential adverse effects on the human body that is still under dispute.  

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2013, 11:54:36 AM »

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »

Well... professor avxo. It's not whether or not it is biologically toxic, or at what amounts, it is more about it's potential adverse effects on the human body that is still under dispute.  

Such as? At the amounts we are talking about, the only documented side effect is dental fluorosis, which is a relatively mild and easy to treat side-effect and which usually indicates that the water isn't fluoridated properly (either because of equipment failure or because of not accounting for natural fluoride).

Please, by all means, cite one study published in a peer-reviewed journal that discusses other side-effects of water fluoridation. Just one.

I haven't been able to find any, but maybe you'll have better luck. All I found were sites run by crackpots who advocate "natural this" and "herbal that" and some conspiracists who claim the fluoride makes the population. Sterile or docile (they can't agree on which).

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2013, 12:04:51 PM »
Fibra myalgia.  Death of us all.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2013, 12:10:27 PM »

Russell Blaylock says many things, but he hasn't published anything in a peer reviewed journal and can't provide any evidence to substantiate his assertions. All he publishes (for a small fee) is his wellness reports where he tells laypeople to not get vaccinated and to take fish oils as a way of preventing the flu.

Here's another recording of Russell Blaylock and one of the people who get his report: