Author Topic: Israeli Supreme Court bans water fluoridation  (Read 6070 times)

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Israeli Supreme Court bans water fluoridation
« on: August 17, 2013, 01:28:25 AM »
In a landmark decision, the Supreme Court in Israel has ruled that all public water fluoridation in the state of Israel must cease by 2014.

http://www.hotpress.com/news/Israeli-Supreme-Court-Backs-Work-of-Irish-Scientist-on-Fluoride/10088280.html

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
Re: Israeli Supreme Court bans water fluoridation
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 01:34:33 AM »
Who gives a shit.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 01:42:29 AM »
Who gives a shit.

Your brain damaged children?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 02:27:17 AM »

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 04:56:32 AM »
Somebody finally gave General Ripper the respect he deserved for his courage to speak out on this.

~

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 05:49:38 AM »
I don't know how true all the fluoride hysteria is, as I haven't honestly looked into it to much.  I do drink bottle water a lot, not for any other reason than my beautiful child knocks over my drinking glasses on a regular basis.
A

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 05:53:07 AM »
I don't know how true all the fluoride hysteria is, as I haven't honestly looked into it to much.  I do drink bottle water a lot, not for any other reason than my beautiful child knocks over my drinking glasses on a regular basis.

Then may I ask you consider why Israel is banning it, and also consider this article:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 05:55:28 AM »
Who gives a shit.

lol cmon man flouradation is no joke actually
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 05:57:36 AM »
Then may I ask you consider why Israel is banning it, and also consider this article:

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/

Send info my way, dude.  I admit my ignorance on this topic.  Ill be happy to read any info you pass along.  Thanks!
A

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 07:03:42 AM »
*shakes head*

There has been no evidence that fluoridation, at the levels used in water, causes anything except healthier teeth. But the nutjobs need to bitch about something... contrails, wifi, fluoride in the water, etc.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 07:06:30 AM »
*shakes head*

There has been no evidence that fluoridation, at the levels used in water, causes anything except healthier teeth. But the nutjobs need to bitch about something... contrails, wifi, fluoride in the water, etc.

I'm no conspiracy theorist...but I've read things that say otherwise regarding fluoride. Why should I believe you vs scientists/doctors who disagree with you?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 07:08:45 AM »
*shakes head*

what about calcification of the pineal gland?

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 07:14:44 AM »
what about calcification of the pineal gland?

You'd imagine that with fluoride in the water for decades we'd be hearing about calcified pineal glands left and right if that were there the case... and yet, this is the first I've heard of it. That's not to say its not possible. Which brings us to a simple question:

Are there any scientific studies which show a statistically siginificant relationship between fluoride and "calcification of the pineal gland"?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 07:24:25 AM »
You'd imagine that with fluoride in the water for decades we'd be hearing about calcified pineal glands left and right if that were there the case... and yet, this is the first I've heard of it. That's not to say its not possible. Which brings us to a simple question:

Are there any scientific studies which show a statistically siginificant relationship between fluoride and "calcification of the pineal gland"?

Pineal glands do calcify....I'd like to hear more reasons other than aging that cause this though. I've seen studies showing that the better teeth argument is also correlated with overall better hygiene in modern society, not strictly to the fluoridity.

Either way, I'm keeping an open mind but I'd like to hear more info.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 08:06:37 AM »
I'm no conspiracy theorist...but I've read things that say otherwise regarding fluoride. Why should I believe you vs scientists/doctors who disagree with you?

Don't believe me - I never asked you to. The evidence for the safety of fluoridated water is available for inspection. I am curious, what possible reason could dentists today have to support fluoridation if it doesn't help? Are they all stock holders in Fluoride Inc.?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2013, 08:19:26 AM »
Don't believe me - I never asked you to. The evidence for the safety of fluoridated water is available for inspection. I am curious, what possible reason could dentists today have to support fluoridation if it doesn't help? Are they all stock holders in Fluoride Inc.?

Im not attacking you bro...I'm just asking if you have any concrete arguments, I'm genuinely interested in learning more.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2013, 08:25:10 AM »
Im not attacking you bro...I'm just asking if you have any concrete arguments, I'm genuinely interested in learning more.

It's not my area of expertise but I'd suggest checking out Wikipedia; my position is that water has been fluoridated for many years and few if any documented side-effects have been noted, except in places where too much fluoride was used (either because of crappy equipment or naturally highly fluoridated water) and the fact that experts - including the ADA - continue to support fluoridation despite deriving no financial advantage from doing so.

missile

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013, 08:35:50 AM »
It's not my area of expertise but I'd suggest checking out Wikipedia

Bro I don't think Wikipedia is all that reliable.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013, 08:41:23 AM »
Bro I don't think Wikipedia is all that reliable.

It should be taken with a grain of salt (coincidentally, table salt contains fluoride!) and not accepted uncritically, but it is an excellent resource that frequently includes quite useful links to reliable sources.

Plus, I doubt that everyone is as lucky as me to have available, for unlimited use, a major University library at all hours of the day, and the ability to consult with University Professors in the field of dentistry by sending a quick inter-department message.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2013, 08:42:47 AM »
There's nothing wrong with being a conspiracy theorist and yes, as I and others have been saying, fluoride is bad for you. There have been plenty of studies as I've posted in the past showing its long term effects.

Another one for Wiggs and CSWOL.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2013, 08:43:08 AM »
It should be taken with a grain of salt (coincidentally, table salt contains fluoride!) and not accepted uncritically, but it is an excellent resource that frequently includes quite useful links to reliable sources.

Plus, I doubt that everyone is as lucky as me to have available, for unlimited use, a major University library at all hours of the day, and the ability to consult with University Professors in the field of dentistry by sending a quick inter-department message.

My wife is a dentist.....

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2013, 08:46:11 AM »
My wife is a dentist.....

Great. What's her professional view on water fluoridation?

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2013, 08:47:20 AM »
Fresh spring water is best.

missile

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2013, 08:49:56 AM »
Professors in the field of dentistry

Bro nobody is saying it hurts your teeth.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2013, 08:51:11 AM »
Bro nobody is saying it hurts your teeth.

Actually, it can. In large amounts it can cause fluorosis.