Author Topic: vinny conzo  (Read 16016 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
vinny conzo
« on: August 21, 2013, 11:15:26 AM »
 ;D anyone on here ever heard of vinnie conzo or his brother eric?  he was a top teenage bodybuilder in the early 80's. showed amazing potential as a 15 year old. another of bob gruskin's discoveries. he trained at mario"strong"  gym. he lived in staten island. he could handle 455 in the incline bench exercise.
F

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: vinny conzo
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 07:45:35 AM »
He`s on this video Steve,at the 3.20 mark in the teenage USA in 83.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 10:00:52 AM »
He`s on this video Steve,at the 3.20 mark in the teenage USA in 83.

good find that was a tough contest. ;D ;D ;D
F

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 10:12:06 AM »
Some great teenagers,Victor Terra,Franco Santoriello,James DeMelo and Vinny,no teens nowadays look like this group.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 11:48:58 AM »
true.  i found out thanks to ironage that vinnie died in feb 2011 at 48 years of age. mario strong said he was a good kid, but fell in with a bad crowd and he lost touch with him.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 08:25:52 AM »
;D anyone on here ever heard of vinnie conzo or his brother eric?  he was a top teenage bodybuilder in the early 80's. showed amazing potential as a 15 year old. another of bob gruskin's discoveries. he trained at mario"strong"  gym. he lived in staten island. he could handle 455 in the incline bench exercise.
check out mariostrong.com good website for bodybuilding history esp east coast.
F

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 11:55:29 AM »
WOW!  Blast from the past there.

Vinny trained a lot at a gym called "D and E" (Dennis and Ernie's) on Hyland Blvd all through the early 80s.  He was easily over 300 lbs in the off-season.  He was the biggest bodybuilder I had ever seen at that point in my life (I was in early high school).  He had the nickname "Beast from the East," apparently given to him from Arnold himself.  He had the words "Bury Me Massive" carved into his leather weight belt. He worked the front door at a local movie theatre for years.  I had wondered whatever happened to him.  I had heard he got arrested smuggling drugs (coke included) across the Mexican border when I was in college.  Not substantiated but a lot of guys at the gym were talking about it.

I had an experience with his younger brother, Eric.  I hadn't seen him since middle school, and when I had last seen him he had clearly started to train a little but nothing huge.  Long-story short, due to a fracas that occurred at a Staten Island roller-skating rink (oh God is this so 1980's), it somehow was arranged that I was to meet Eric Conzo down by the Beach (Gateway Park="The Point", as it was called) to fight him  I was pretty big (or so I thought) at that time so I agreed, having remembered that Eric wasn't all that big the last time I had seen him.

Well, that was about 4 years earlier.  I show up at the beach with my entire football team (Monsignor Farrell High School), and Eric is there with a few friends, and he is FREAKING HUGE!! My balls shot up into my sac!!  Somehow I was able to talk my way out of fighting him, and we shook hands, but he would have literally killed me!!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 12:30:32 PM »
WOW!  Blast from the past there.

Vinny trained a lot at a gym called "D and E" (Dennis and Ernie's) on Hyland Blvd all through the early 80s.  He was easily over 300 lbs in the off-season.  He was the biggest bodybuilder I had ever seen at that point in my life (I was in early high school).  He had the nickname "Beast from the East," apparently given to him from Arnold himself.  He had the words "Bury Me Massive" carved into his leather weight belt. He worked the front door at a local movie theatre for years.  I had wondered whatever happened to him.  I had heard he got arrested smuggling drugs (coke included) across the Mexican border when I was in college.  Not substantiated but a lot of guys at the gym were talking about it.

I had an experience with his younger brother, Eric.  I hadn't seen him since middle school, and when I had last seen him he had clearly started to train a little but nothing huge.  Long-story short, due to a fracas that occurred at a Staten Island roller-skating rink (oh God is this so 1980's), it somehow was arranged that I was to meet Eric Conzo down by the Beach (Gateway Park="The Point", as it was called) to fight him  I was pretty big (or so I thought) at that time so I agreed, having remembered that Eric wasn't all that big the last time I had seen him.

Well, that was about 4 years earlier.  I show up at the beach with my entire football team (Monsignor Farrell High School), and Eric is there with a few friends, and he is FREAKING HUGE!! My balls shot up into my sac!!  Somehow I was able to talk my way out of fighting him, and we shook hands, but he would have literally killed me!!
good story  :D sounds like a scene from the wanderers...
F

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 08:25:11 AM »
If that rumor was true about the drug smuggling story, than might want to check federal (most likely) or state arrest/prison records. Open source, though not always, on the internet. If your a cop, or work for the criminal branch of the government, going to get more of a thorough search.  Freedom Of Information Act also gives up a lot of private information; addresses, work place, criminal records, etc. Also NSA (Big Brother) is always gathering data on just about everyone now days.

On another note:Been told by a few hackers (I've worked and lifted with some) that GB is a piece of cake to get into. Meaning the all personal data, like real name, e-mail address, county, etc is an open book. Might suggest a good VPN service or app for people here. A proxy sever as a distance second choice. Example, I'm listed as from Germany but actually in SoCal. Nothing is 100% including a VPN server<but may be worth the effort to check it out. Or investigate Tor or Comodo as browsers....it's a start.
F