Author Topic: RxMuscle & Dave Palumbo Lose Press Passes Indefinitely!  (Read 24349 times)

chimera

• Getbig II
RxMuscle & Dave Palumbo Lose Press Passes Indefinitely!
« on: August 22, 2013, 01:06:44 AM »
At the IFBB Tampa Pro last weekend Dave Palumbo was personally ejected by the higher ups of the IFBB from the evening finals, and then proceeded to have all future press privileges removed from his site, Rx Muscle. The USA's provided a dark foreshadowing into these events when media privileges for the finals was awarded to MD. As a result Rx Muscle was not allowed to record inside the venue, and forced to do their interviews outside in the dark. Since then things have only gotten worse, and came to a head at the IFBB Tampa Pro, as it was the events at this contest that ultimately served as the straw that broke the camel’s back of the relationship between Dave Palumbo and  the IFBB, and resulted in the self-proclaimed #1 site for contest coverage no longer be able to cover contests.

Just a few months ago Mel Chancey was brought on board as one of the highest paid staff of Rx Muscle. From the beginning this was a weird business decision as clearly Mel provides no tangible skills that could be beneficial to the site, besides the occasional good ol' prison rape story and being perceived by some as a cool dude. It wasn't until the exodus of Aaron Singerman that he became the self titled ‘protector’ of Rx.

You would think for the 5K a month Dave pays him, that Mel would be capable of offering some of that high priced top-shelf protection. Instead, he was paid to party and hobnob at the show, all the while RX is badly in need of some protecting. This was demonstrated when Mel was present for the ejection of Dave from the Tampa Pro but did nothing to stop it.

During, or shortly after, the morning prejudging, Rx staffer Johnny Styles tweeted out a message from the Rx account that said Dave Palumbo strongly disagreed with the judging in Tampa. Unlike previous failed/incriminating tweets from the Rx account, this one was not blamed on a 'Intern', instead it was deleted and is nowhere to be found.

This was not done though before a screenshot of the tweet was captured and sent to someone in power. It was after the tweet was brought to the Judge’s attention at the night show that Dave was called up and ejected from the facility (Although he tells everyone it was due to "knee pain").

The IFBB Had not even doled out a consequence for Dave's actions yet when the site went ahead and made another major violation of IFBB policy. Shortly before the show another third-party media site bought rights to the stage video footage. All major media in attendance was informed of this, and told they were not allowed to video the stage. Nonetheless, even after his ejection from the facility, RX ran video of the stage footage during their wrap up. The Powers That Be looked at this disregard for thier rules as a slap in the face, and it just reiterated what they already thought of Dave Palumbo. He’s a trouble marker.

The end result of this blacklisting of Rx Muscle among NPC / IFBB is you won’t be seeing them at the NPC North Americans or even the Olympia. No passes will be issued and the only way they are covering the biggest show in bodybuilding is from their hotel rooms, or maybe the parking lot. Honestly, with the current climate as anit-rx as it currently is, I think they’d be best served by just taking a break till the end of 2013. I’d let things cool down, because knowing Dave he’ll just say or do something wrong and make everything even worse!

When Aaron Singerman was fired by Dave it was said that Rx had “Cut out the Cancer”... Well, 3 Months later it looks like cut out the wrong peice or somehow it spread! It’s been said that the Powers That Be in bodybuilding are very forgiving, so maybe you will see Dave Palumbo a press pitt again, but it won’t be soon.

What do you think, is this RIP for Rx?

missile

Re: RxMuscle & Dave Palumbo Lose Press Passes Indefinitely!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 01:38:15 AM »
Hmm, bad news.

kofo

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 02:10:37 AM »
Im envisioning all the executives of RX muscle having a Wall Street like meeting extraordinaire in the middle of the night, to solve this "pressing issue".

chris-a

• Getbig III
  • fundamentalist atheist - guns + religion don't mix
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 02:34:34 AM »
cnn all over this right now

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 04:12:24 AM »
Coincidently ESPN just lost their MLB press passes for questioning a called third strike in the Dodgers game.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 04:15:39 AM »
We got to get Goodrum out there to cover for Dave in these trying times.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 04:23:21 AM »
Aaron must be smiling!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 05:56:13 AM »
We got to get Goodrum out there to cover for Dave in these trying times.

I don't find the story believable but I'll check for you.  As of late, I've never requested press passes but I may do so in the future.

There will be a number of changes to Anabolic Mayhem soon though.
A

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 07:20:17 AM »

I don't find the story believable but I'll check for you.  As of late, I've never requested press passes but I may do so in the future.

There will be a number of changes to Anabolic Mayhem soon though.

Get those passes!

"1"

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 07:31:17 AM »
Any pics of this Mel non protector person?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 08:05:31 AM »
Any pics of this Mel non protector person?

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 08:11:48 AM »

oh great, another tatted-up 50 year old that wants to be 25 forever  ::)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 08:24:54 AM »
oh great, another tatted-up 50 year old that wants to be 25 forever  ::)

He been in prison a couple if times and used to be a Hells Angel.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 08:26:52 AM »
They denied Dave a ifbb card and now blackballing him altogether from being a personality that covers the ifbb, I think Bostin loyd might want to take notes!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 08:29:04 AM »
At the IFBB Tampa Pro last weekend Dave Palumbo was personally ejected by the higher ups of the IFBB from the evening finals, and then proceeded to have all future press privileges removed from his site, Rx Muscle. The USA's provided a dark foreshadowing into these events when media privileges for the finals was awarded to MD. As a result Rx Muscle was not allowed to record inside the venue, and forced to do their interviews outside in the dark. Since then things have only gotten worse, and came to a head at the IFBB Tampa Pro, as it was the events at this contest that ultimately served as the straw that broke the camel’s back of the relationship between Dave Palumbo and  the IFBB, and resulted in the self-proclaimed #1 site for contest coverage no longer be able to cover contests.

Just a few months ago Mel Chancey was brought on board as one of the highest paid staff of Rx Muscle. From the beginning this was a weird business decision as clearly Mel provides no tangible skills that could be beneficial to the site, besides the occasional good ol' prison rape story and being perceived by some as a cool dude. It wasn't until the exodus of Aaron Singerman that he became the self titled ‘protector’ of Rx.

You would think for the 5K a month Dave pays him, that Mel would be capable of offering some of that high priced top-shelf protection. Instead, he was paid to party and hobnob at the show, all the while RX is badly in need of some protecting. This was demonstrated when Mel was present for the ejection of Dave from the Tampa Pro but did nothing to stop it.

During, or shortly after, the morning prejudging, Rx staffer Johnny Styles tweeted out a message from the Rx account that said Dave Palumbo strongly disagreed with the judging in Tampa. Unlike previous failed/incriminating tweets from the Rx account, this one was not blamed on a 'Intern', instead it was deleted and is nowhere to be found.

This was not done though before a screenshot of the tweet was captured and sent to someone in power. It was after the tweet was brought to the Judge’s attention at the night show that Dave was called up and ejected from the facility (Although he tells everyone it was due to "knee pain").

The IFBB Had not even doled out a consequence for Dave's actions yet when the site went ahead and made another major violation of IFBB policy. Shortly before the show another third-party media site bought rights to the stage video footage. All major media in attendance was informed of this, and told they were not allowed to video the stage. Nonetheless, even after his ejection from the facility, RX ran video of the stage footage during their wrap up. The Powers That Be looked at this disregard for thier rules as a slap in the face, and it just reiterated what they already thought of Dave Palumbo. He’s a trouble marker.

The end result of this blacklisting of Rx Muscle among NPC / IFBB is you won’t be seeing them at the NPC North Americans or even the Olympia. No passes will be issued and the only way they are covering the biggest show in bodybuilding is from their hotel rooms, or maybe the parking lot. Honestly, with the current climate as anit-rx as it currently is, I think they’d be best served by just taking a break till the end of 2013. I’d let things cool down, because knowing Dave he’ll just say or do something wrong and make everything even worse!

When Aaron Singerman was fired by Dave it was said that Rx had “Cut out the Cancer”... Well, 3 Months later it looks like cut out the wrong peice or somehow it spread! It’s been said that the Powers That Be in bodybuilding are very forgiving, so maybe you will see Dave Palumbo a press pitt again, but it won’t be soon.

What do you think, is this RIP for Rx?

The heads at CNN aren't going to like this :-\

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 09:19:00 AM »
Aaron must be smiling!

Just the opposite. I don't hope for anyone's failure. That's no way to live. I do find the situation ironic, but I'm not happy or smiling. I always knew that I wasn't the problem there and it was only a matter of time till rx found trouble again. Dave has been around a long time though, and gotten out of bigger scrapes than this... I'm betting by next year things cool down and he's back in the good graces again.

A

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 09:28:07 AM »
Just the opposite. I don't hope for anyone's failure. That's no way to live. I do find the situation ironic, but I'm not happy or smiling. I always knew that I wasn't the problem there and it was only a matter of time till rx found trouble again. Dave has been around a long time though, and gotten out of bigger scrapes than this... I'm betting by next year things cool down and he's back in the good graces again.

Is Mel still working for them?  I found that hire vexing at best.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 09:49:44 AM »

That ET finger bulb wannabee hasn't protected himself too well from simple estrogen.

Just another industry nobody that no one outside their immediate family has heard of or gives two shits about.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 10:07:13 AM »
He been in prison a couple if times and used to be a Hells Angel.

That dude looks like he's used a lot of fake HGH...

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 10:09:20 AM »
dave palumbo the meth man

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 10:11:18 AM »
That dude looks like he's used a lot of fake HGH...

This looks like a good entree for another "legit kigs" commercial...

ether

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 10:14:19 AM »

Bullshit
As if you are not happy that you are out from under that mess
One question ; How does Dave keep Aceto on the payroll and happy. If Aceto were to leave that would be the final nail in that coffin.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 10:21:12 AM »

8)...FROM VIDEO'S I'VE SEEN WITH U AND PJ ON CONTEST COVERAGE OR THE LAB SUPP'S AND RESULTS ,YOU SEEM WELL THOUGHT OUT AND SPOT ON IN RELATION TO ALL THINGS BBING...

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 10:34:44 AM »
sad news :-\

epic_alien

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 10:58:03 AM »
all because of a "tweet" ::)

man , im not that old but i just dont get these cell phone zombie types,