Author Topic: Bradley Manning wants to be a woman  (Read 1640 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Bradley Manning wants to be a woman
« on: August 22, 2013, 07:32:49 AM »
Tax payers to pay for this idiot's confusion.

(CNN) -- Bradley Manning wants to be a woman.

The U.S. Army soldier sentenced this week to 35 years in prison for leaking 750,000 pages of classified documents to the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks said Thursday in a statement read on NBC's "Today" show that will seek hormone therapy and live as a female named Chelsea.

"As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me," Manning said in the statement. "I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition."

Manning's lawyer, David Coombs, told "Today" that he hopes officials at Fort Leavenworth military prison will provide his client the hormone therapy.

"I'm hoping Fort Leavenworth would do the right thing and provide that," Coombs said. "If Fort Leavenworth does not, then I am going to do everything in my power to make sure that they are forced to do so."

The issue of Manning's gender identity repeatedly surfaced in his court martial on espionage charges. A widely circulated picture released by the military shows Manning in a blonde wig.

Speaking in the sentencing phase of his court martial last week, Manning said that at the time he decided to leak the documents, he was "dealing with a lot of issues" -- a reference to his gender identity crisis.

Manning's lawyer: He should not 'rot in jail'

In an e-mail to his sergeant titled, "My Problem," Manning included the picture of himself in the wig.

"It's not going away, it's haunting me more and more as I get older," Manning wrote in the e-mail. "Now, the consequences of it are dire, at a time when it's causing me great pain in itself. As a result, I'm not sure what to do about it."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/22/us/bradley-manning/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Bradley Manning wants to be a woman
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 07:33:39 AM »
HEHEHEHEHE!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Bradley Manning wants to be a woman
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 10:03:26 AM »
I laughed out loud when I saw this on CNN this morning

trengrowth

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 10:44:12 AM »
This man's a genius... I would so much rather spend a minimum of 7 years bunking with a woman over bunking with a man...

He just wants HRT??? So he gets to keep his dick?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 10:52:18 AM »
 :-\  Are we really going to use our tax dollars for this? 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 12:59:31 PM »
ARMY response....

We are aware that counsel representing the soldier convicted under the name Bradley Manning conveys that his client now openly identifies as female.

There is no mechanism in place for the US military to provide hormone therapy or gender-reassignment surgery for inmates incarcerated in DoD facilities.

Inmates at the United States Disciplinary Barracks and Joint Regional Correctional Facility are treated equally regardless of race, rank, ethnicity or sexual orientation. All inmates are considered soldiers and are treated as such with access to mental health professionals, including a psychiatrist, psychologist, social workers and behavioral science noncommissioned officers with experience in addressing the needs of military personnel in pre- and post-trial confinement.

– For specific questions on facilities at USDB and its policies, please contact Ms. Lewis at (913) 684-1723\1715  or at myfortleavenworth@gmail.com.

Or he can use  "a pair of scissors and a shitload of advil"...from TAH.com

L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 03:36:10 PM »
ARMY response....

We are aware that counsel representing the soldier convicted under the name Bradley Manning conveys that his client now openly identifies as female.

There is no mechanism in place for the US military to provide hormone therapy or gender-reassignment surgery for inmates incarcerated in DoD facilities.

Inmates at the United States Disciplinary Barracks and Joint Regional Correctional Facility are treated equally regardless of race, rank, ethnicity or sexual orientation. All inmates are considered soldiers and are treated as such with access to mental health professionals, including a psychiatrist, psychologist, social workers and behavioral science noncommissioned officers with experience in addressing the needs of military personnel in pre- and post-trial confinement.

– For specific questions on facilities at USDB and its policies, please contact Ms. Lewis at (913) 684-1723\1715  or at myfortleavenworth@gmail.com.

lol.  Outstanding.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 06:40:00 PM »
ARMY response....

nice

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 06:46:33 PM »
Glad to see they're at least trying to stand their ground, and not bend over backwards for fucking weirdos like the rest of us have to.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 08:42:46 PM »
Wonder what would happen to this fruit cake in Russia.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 08:48:41 PM »
 ha, no.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 03:21:11 PM »
bless his heart.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 03:54:29 PM »
Apparently his mother was a heavy drinker and drank all during her pregnancy and Manning had characteristics of fetal alcohol syndrome

Really a fucked up mess of a childhood

They claimed the odds were stacked against Manning before he was even born. His aunt, Deborah van Alstyne, a rare figure of adult stability in his life, recalled her reaction the day she discovered his mother was pregnant with her second child.

"I thought to myself: oh, no," she said. "Because I knew she had been drinking really heavily." Susan was by then more than three months into her pregnancy, and when Manning was born, weighing just over six pounds, he had characteristics of an infant with fetal alcohol syndrome.

If his mother's alcoholism explains Manning's tiny frame – the 25-year-old is just 5'2" tall – his care as an infant may have exacerbated the problem.

Van Alstyne, who works as an attorney for Fannie Mae and lives in Maryland, said that Manning was still only being fed baby food when he was two years old.

"We thought that was very odd, and he was so tiny," she said.

Manning's mother, Susan, from Wales, and her husband Brian – Van Alstyne's brother – refused to give the child more substantial food. "They would buy those bigger jars of baby food and that's what he was eating," his aunt said. "That and milk."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/21/bradley-manning-lonely-soldier-childhood

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 12:46:56 PM »
Salon has an article that points out the similarities with Cassius Clay, also a hero to some, a traitor to others, changing his name.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 01:07:11 PM »
Salon has an article that points out the similarities with Cassius Clay, also a hero to some, a traitor to others, changing his name.

Tim, do you back EVERYTHING the left does to fuck over the american people? This is commonsense.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 01:43:51 PM »
Tim, do you back EVERYTHING the left does to fuck over the american people? This is commonsense.

you must be busy shooting all the nonbelievers
c

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 04:04:10 PM »

This statement is in the vein of "Have you stop beating your wife?"  I think people on the left want what's best for the American people and everyone else in the world, too.

I think that both the Republican and Democratic parties have moved so far to the right that there is no one on the left that has any real power.  Obama has been a huge disappointment, with regards to foreign policy, torture, civil rights, immigration, and even health care.   He compromises too quickly and too much.  Business interests always win out.

I think a huge number of people on the right are being manipulated to vote against their own interests by the super rich.  That the rate of increase of income inequality is the biggest domestic issue we face, but that the biggest overall issue is climate change.  All conflicts over the next 50 years will be related to it.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 07:57:25 PM »
This statement is in the vein of "Have you stop beating your wife?"  I think people on the left want what's best for the American people and everyone else in the world, too.

I think that both the Republican and Democratic parties have moved so far to the right that there is no one on the left that has any real power.  Obama has been a huge disappointment, with regards to foreign policy, torture, civil rights, immigration, and even health care.   He compromises too quickly and too much.  Business interests always win out.

I think a huge number of people on the right are being manipulated to vote against their own interests by the super rich.  That the rate of increase of income inequality is the biggest domestic issue we face, but that the biggest overall issue is climate change.  All conflicts over the next 50 years will be related to it.

::)

Getbig.com isn't exactly recognized for the intelligence of its members, but the above quotation might be the most moronic thing I have ever read anywhere, ever. While your strongly opinionated ignorance and stupidity is probably the result of a severe learning disability, I don't feel any remorse for mocking you.  It would seem that "climate change" has also managed to kill my empathy as it slowly destroys the planet.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 08:26:53 PM »

::)

Getbig.com isn't exactly recognized for the intelligence of its members, but the above quotation might be the most moronic thing I have ever read anywhere, ever. While your strongly opinionated ignorance and stupidity is probably the result of a severe learning disability, I don't feel any remorse for mocking you.  It would seem that "climate change" has also managed to kill my empathy as it slowly destroys the planet.

hahaha!!!

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 11:56:53 PM »
It would seem that "climate change" has also managed to kill my empathy as it slowly destroys the planet.

if 97 out of 100 scientists said some food additive causes cancer, and the other three received their funding from the food industry, would you take their warning seriously?  So why not when it comes to climate change?

We have doubled the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere since the beginning of the industrial revolution, from 200 ppm to 400 ppm.  But we've gone from 300 ppm to 400 ppm in just the last 60 years.  800 ppm by the end of the century is a real possibility. Do you really think we can change the composition of the atmosphere that much without having any adverse effects?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 05:27:38 AM »
if 97 out of 100 scientists said some food additive causes cancer, and the other three received their funding from the food industry, would you take their warning seriously?  So why not when it comes to climate change?

We have doubled the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere since the beginning of the industrial revolution, from 200 ppm to 400 ppm.  But we've gone from 300 ppm to 400 ppm in just the last 60 years.  800 ppm by the end of the century is a real possibility. Do you really think we can change the composition of the atmosphere that much without having any adverse effects?

Spoken like a true moonbat who memorized a bunch of hogwash from Al Gore.

The first sentence of your post shines a spotlight on how delusional you are. . If you bothered to do even a tiny bit of research, you would easily discover that your scenario is completely backward. All of the "scientists" promoting the global warming hoax are self interested sycophants who receive funding from the same governments and organizations pushing the climate change agenda. 

Hope this helps.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 02:05:36 AM »

No, many on the left just want what they want, and that's it. There is no balance, whether it's the far left or the far right.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 04:07:30 AM »
No, many on the left just want what they want, and that's it. There is no balance, whether it's the far left or the far right.
Agreed. People want it to be a good vs evil, us vs them thing do bad.... but its not its the elite (left) and the elite (right) vs everyone else.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 05:28:19 AM »
ARMY response....

Excellent.