Author Topic: Ben Affleck will be the new Batman  (Read 67802 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Ben Affleck Is Batman
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2013, 11:23:41 AM »
:o
I tend to agree with you Flower, and welcome back.

There was a Dr on NPR who said that there were chemical attacks in Syria well before this incident. And the killing of doctors.
Seems like Russia and China were wrong about this.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2013, 11:28:59 AM »
Everything Affleck touches turns to shit, so this should be no different.

Whoa..... really?  Have you seen 'The Town'? or Argo? 

You need to see the town. That movie is freakin amazing. both are. He directed and starred in both and both are superb.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2013, 11:33:03 AM »

You need to see the town. That movie is freakin amazing. both are. He directed and starred in both and both are superb.

Also, Gone Baby Gone. Excellent movie.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2013, 12:19:23 PM »

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2013, 12:24:17 PM »

Haven't seen The Town, will check it.

Maybe he has improved since Jersey Girl, Gigli and Daredevil

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2013, 12:26:12 PM »
Disagree there. He's turned out to be a great director. 3 for 3 so far.

Affleck may not be the greatest actor in the world (I think we can all agree that directing is his greater strength)

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2013, 12:36:00 PM »
Haven't seen The Town, will check it.

Maybe he has improved since Jersey Girl, Gigli and Daredevil
Clearly those were terrible and if we are going off those three than he is the worst actor ever. Check out the town. You will change your tune

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2013, 12:40:16 PM »
What the fuck are you talking about?  The realistic angle is what made it great.  The cartoon shit is played out and garbage.
it was great at first. Then it got tiring and boring. Seriously, the third movie dragged so fucking badly at points that I wanted to claw my eyes out. Im not saying that it needs to be like watching a cartoon - but these characters exist in a fantasy world where men can fucking fly... pretty much all pretense of being grounded in reality is gone at this point. I get it Bruce..... you life sucks, youre depressed. I dont give a shit. Go flynaround in your billion dollar make believe hovercraft while evwryone applauds how "realistic" your universe is.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2013, 12:47:16 PM »
best batman movie

Man of taste.

What the fuck are you talking about?  The realistic angle is what made it great.  The cartoon shit is played out and garbage.

Totally disagree. He is spot on.

Today you have Jason Bourne, Batman even James Bond all striving to be realistic and plausible. Which is fine if the story is written that way.

But movies are essentially reality escapism, and especially superhero movies who stem from lighthearted cartoons shouldn't have to be 100 % realistic.

They'll never be anyway! Superheroes are fantasy artwork in their core so why try to play that off as it could ever exist in our world?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2013, 12:50:30 PM »
Man of taste.

Totally disagree. He is spot on.

You have Bond, Bourne, Batman etc all striving to be oh so realistic and plausible. Which is fine if the story is written that way.

But movies are essentially reality escapism and especially superhero movies who stem from lighthearted cartoons shouldn't have to be 100 % realistic.

They'll never be anyway! Superheros are fantasy artwork in their core so why try to play that off as it could ever exist in our world?

I guess I'm really just not a superhero/fantasy film fan then. The only ones I really liked were Nolan's first two Batman movies.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »
http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=1658192d193ce14ddb2899a1a&id=70b22ff525

Ryan Gosling.  He could have been Batman. 

Following the surprise announcement of a Superman/Batman movie at San Diego Comic-Con last month, rumors ran wild as to who would next don the cape and cowl as the Dark Knight.

One rumor is being reported as "true" by THR: Ryan Gosling. They write Gosling was a studio pick for the role, but Gosling refused it because he does not like sequels

The studio reached out to Affleck, at an earlier point in time he didn't seem too interested.  After a lot of convincing, he was curious about the idea and thus began conversations of character and story development.  Once his curiosity was satisfied WME took over the negotiation process.  Included in these negotiations is a multi-picture deal (not clear on WHAT movies,) and appearing as Batman in a Justice League movie.  And, he may even direct that movie. 

It is a surprising move by Affleck, who had recently turned down 20th Century Fox's offer to wear the red suit in a Daredevil re-boot. Chris Nolan reportedly offered Affleck the chance to direct Man of Steel, but he said "no" because he did not desire to be involved in the superhero genre again (despite being a big comic book fan.)

As for Daredevil, it was 10 years ago. Even Affleck conceded it wasn't his best work. But, people evolve a LOT in 10 years, and he has performed admirably since.  It's like us being held forever accountable today to something we all did when we were 12 years old and still growing.  His recent projects show the growth and development, winning the Oscar for Best Picture in February.   

The next installment in the Man of Steel franchise, not yet officially titled, has Henry Cavill (Clark Kent/ Superman), Amy Adams (Lois Lane,) Diane Lane (Martha Kent,) and Laurence Fishburne (Perry White) reprising their roles in addition to Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/ Batman. The movie begins production in early 2014 and releases wide in theaters July 17, 2015.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2013, 12:56:02 PM »
I guess I'm really just not a superhero/fantasy film fan then. The only ones I really liked were Nolan's first two Batman movies.
Perhaps not. I think that fantasy/superhero films, like SF films, are a really difficult genre to do 'well.' For every 20 films of said genre, maybe 1 is considered 'solid.' The success/fail ratio is huge. For every Blade Runner/2001 there are 00's of just pure crap flicks.   :-\

hp31

• Getbig III
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2013, 03:50:57 PM »
The problem I have with this is that I think Ben was chosen because he's kind of Hollywood's "golden boy" more than being the ideal Batman.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2013, 04:11:09 PM »
I would definitely take Jennifer Garner's shit corn and blend it into a fine milkshake....

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2013, 05:13:17 PM »
keaton as he appears in robocop 2014

ditto.  keaton is probably fat and old now, bald too... but he was great as bruce wayne.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2013, 05:15:02 PM »
Perhaps not. I think that fantasy/superhero films, like SF films, are a really difficult genre to do 'well.' For every 20 films of said genre, maybe 1 is considered 'solid.' The success/fail ratio is huge. For every Blade Runner/2001 there are 00's of just pure crap flicks.   :-\

I do like a good sci fi movie, though. Is that considered fantasy?

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2013, 05:34:58 PM »
No one does Batman better than Nolan, and no one will.  His talents, along with a stellar cast that can't be rivaled, brought the Dark Knight back to life.  Affleck is not Batman, period.  Affleck + Batman = Wal-Mart bargain bin.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2013, 05:53:35 PM »
No one does Batman better than Chris Noland, and no one will.  His talents, along with a stellar cast that can't be rivaled, brought the Dark Knight back to life.  Affleck is not Batman, period.  Affleck + Batman = Wal-Mart bargain bin.

Big Noland was great here in this clip, but i wouldn't say that no one does Batman better though!

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2013, 09:48:33 PM »
Big Noland was great here in this clip, but i wouldn't say that no one does Batman better though!

How many paint chips did this guy eat?  He's got the IQ of a cabbage patch doll.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2013, 10:07:40 PM »
i like ben affleck in some movies, but wow, he's so punchable in others.  I dont get it.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2013, 10:10:20 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2013, 09:53:14 AM »
aaaaaandddddddd jack as the joker

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2013, 10:10:46 AM »
Meh.  Makes me no never mind, I liked Keaton as Batman that was it. Clooney and Kilmer were too bland and Bale was too brooding and one dimensional.

Affleck can't be any worse than the previous three.  :-\

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2013, 10:25:06 AM »
>:(    When was the last time he made a decent movie?  This is like Val Kilmer II in my book.

Ben Affleck will play Batman in the followup to this summer's "Man of Steel," due in 2015.

Ever since the announcement at Comic-Con that Batman would make an appearance in the the sequel to "Man of Steel" (and Christian Bale's declaration that he wouldn't be donning the cape a fourth time), rumors have been swirling about who would be playing Gotham's vigilante guardian. In a statement today, director Zack Snyder named Affleck the next caped crusader, touting his ability to portray a wizened Dark Knight and affirming that the actor can successfully embody the gravitas and wit of the one and only Bruce Wayne.

"Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry's Superman," Snyder wrote. "He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can't wait to work with him."

Henry Cavill, of course, will be returning as Superman in the yet-to-be-named sequel. Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, and Diane Lane are also set to reprise their respective roles. You can catch Ben Affleck as Batman when "Man of Steel 2" (or whatever it's called) soars into theaters July 17, 2015.
:)is there anything scarier than this.
F

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2013, 10:28:07 AM »
:)is there anything scarier than this.

LOL where did this come from?