Author Topic: Ben Affleck will be the new Batman  (Read 66988 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: Ben Affleck will be the new Batman
« Reply #275 on: June 26, 2014, 02:18:45 AM »
Make it happen, DC!

:o

with the success of faora, i think they should roll the dice on  Kara Zor-El, a bit of a dark supergirl / amazonian instead of catwoman but i can just live with her in the universe if it goes down. 

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Affleck not in shape for batman.
« Reply #276 on: July 20, 2014, 01:25:24 PM »
Fat Boy is already complaining the suit is too tight on him, and is hating it ,

http://www.inquisitr.com/1363048/batman-v-superman-ben-affleck-not-happy-with-batsuit-report/

http://championsofbreakfast.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/fatman-500x370.jpg

According to some reports, Ben Affleck is not loving the batsuit he is forced to use for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The Oscar winner actor-director needs help from several assistants to remove and put back on the cumbersome suit.

But if the reports are true, is Batfleck acting like a diva? After all, he is part of a multimillion franchise here and he did join the cast willingly. For fans who were vehemently opposed to Affleck’s casting in the first place, this sounds like a lot of whining.

Of course, Ben Affleck is playing a new version of the Caped Crusader — big shoes to fill in the absence of Christian Bale, who played the character in the Dark Knight trilogy — in Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman. On May 13, the director shared a teaser of what the batsuit looks like this time around.

I shot this with my @Leica_Camera M Monochrom. #Batman #Batmobile #Gotham http://t.co/WPHKLxgBLM pic.twitter.com/p5DEf6fLzJ

— ZackSnyder (@ZackSnyder) May 13, 2014

According to Metro, Affleck is finding the suit incredibly restrictive and is struggling with coming to terms about how it feels to wear it on a daily basis. Insiders told the Daily Mail that he is has trouble breathing while wearing the batsuit.

“The suit is extremely restrictive. Ben finds it hard to perform basic tasks and struggles to look natural. He’s constantly trying to avoid going to the toilet because it’s such an ordeal.”

Taking off and putting on the batsuit reportedly takes about 30 minutes, so it’s a chore. It’s also probably very hot in Detroit right now since they are in the middle of summer. But Affleck is not the only one wearing a heavy, hot suit for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Henry Cavill, who plays Superman, wears a similar costume and did so graciously for Man of Steel.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2014, 01:29:59 PM »
Isn't Affleck (192 cm) bigger than Cavill?

When was Batman bigger than Supes?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: July 20, 2014, 10:09:27 PM »
Fat Boy is already complaining the suit is too tight on him, and is hating it ,

http://www.inquisitr.com/1363048/batman-v-superman-ben-affleck-not-happy-with-batsuit-report/

http://championsofbreakfast.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/fatman-500x370.jpg

According to some reports, Ben Affleck is not loving the batsuit he is forced to use for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The Oscar winner actor-director needs help from several assistants to remove and put back on the cumbersome suit.

But if the reports are true, is Batfleck acting like a diva? After all, he is part of a multimillion franchise here and he did join the cast willingly. For fans who were vehemently opposed to Affleck’s casting in the first place, this sounds like a lot of whining.

Of course, Ben Affleck is playing a new version of the Caped Crusader — big shoes to fill in the absence of Christian Bale, who played the character in the Dark Knight trilogy — in Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman. On May 13, the director shared a teaser of what the batsuit looks like this time around.

I shot this with my @Leica_Camera M Monochrom. #Batman #Batmobile #Gotham http://t.co/WPHKLxgBLM pic.twitter.com/p5DEf6fLzJ

— ZackSnyder (@ZackSnyder) May 13, 2014

According to Metro, Affleck is finding the suit incredibly restrictive and is struggling with coming to terms about how it feels to wear it on a daily basis. Insiders told the Daily Mail that he is has trouble breathing while wearing the batsuit.

“The suit is extremely restrictive. Ben finds it hard to perform basic tasks and struggles to look natural. He’s constantly trying to avoid going to the toilet because it’s such an ordeal.”

Taking off and putting on the batsuit reportedly takes about 30 minutes, so it’s a chore. It’s also probably very hot in Detroit right now since they are in the middle of summer. But Affleck is not the only one wearing a heavy, hot suit for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Henry Cavill, who plays Superman, wears a similar costume and did so graciously for Man of Steel.

hahaha, this is bullshit. i'm not a ben fan but the guy built his own bat cave and lobbied for the role. i doubt he'd cry about anything.  my concern would be the warrior suit falling off of gabot when she moves, since there is no ass and tits to hold it up.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #279 on: July 21, 2014, 01:02:15 AM »
Maybe they'll cgi his suit on in the end

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: July 21, 2014, 02:02:41 AM »
Bens bum chin will look fantastic in the cowl, not a dead giveaway atall.

whitewidow

« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2014, 02:04:47 AM »
Massive 13IN arms

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #282 on: July 21, 2014, 02:24:21 AM »
Bens bum chin will look fantastic in the cowl, not a dead giveaway atall.
looking through this thread.. you seem to have a very unnatural Hatred for Affleck.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: July 21, 2014, 02:55:14 AM »
Ha, no hatred atall. He's just not right for the part in anyway shape or form.

looking through this thread.. you seem to have a very unnatural Hatred for Affleck.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #284 on: July 21, 2014, 11:31:10 AM »
Ha, no hatred atall. He's just not right for the part in anyway shape or form.

They said the same thing about Michael Keaton.

Hell, they said it about Heath Ledger as the Joker. If you want to keep it recent.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #285 on: July 21, 2014, 11:35:44 AM »

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #286 on: July 21, 2014, 11:54:40 AM »
No desire what so ever to see Ben attempt this roll, he is a douche and who ever thought this might be a good idea probably has downs.

Obviously no one chose him, he chose it.  After winning the Oscar for Argo he was able to write his own tickets in Hollywood.  probably thought he'd be great in the role and called the producer and said "shalome, put me in the lead role".

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #287 on: July 21, 2014, 12:21:48 PM »

Hell, they said it about Heath Ledger as the Joker. If you want to keep it recent.

Keaton was the best Batman in my opinion.

Bale was the best BW.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #288 on: July 21, 2014, 12:26:57 PM »
Keaton was the best Batman in my opinion.

Bale was the best BW.

Possibly.

The only point I'm really making is that waiting until the finished product is done is the intelligent course of action.

Wait and see is what you do.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #289 on: July 21, 2014, 12:56:28 PM »
Very very difficult seeing Affleck as Bruce Wayne / Bats

Judged by his demeanor and acting from all his earlier films.

Josh Brolin on the other hand is more serious and fits the bill as the Dark Knight.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #290 on: July 21, 2014, 01:01:43 PM »

Josh Brolin on the other hand is more serious and fits the bill as the Dark Knight.

I actually thought he would have been a good choice as well, but I will reserve judgement.

I hated The Dark Knight Rises, so I'm lukewarm to the whole thing anyway.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: July 21, 2014, 01:02:27 PM »
the guy playing magneto in x men would be perfect as bruce wayne.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: July 21, 2014, 01:11:55 PM »

if the guy can win an oscar, then he can act.  btw, gadot for all her skinniness is a bigger woman than faora but is a "B" level actress.  I hope the classes are working out.  

antje was all costume in MOS.

i still don't like her look, but based on New 52's WW, she is a fit with another 15 lbs or so.  

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: July 21, 2014, 01:25:40 PM »
true but affleck's following in some big footsteps.
 Keaton was the first to bring the character to life in a big budget hollywood movie and people had their ideal in mind.
 Affleck failed miserably with his portrayal of a lesser superhero character in daredevil and from his past movies there's nothing bruce wayne/batman in him unlike say brolin who fits the bill obviously.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2014, 02:25:58 PM »
true but affleck's following in some big footsteps.
 Keaton was the first to bring the character to life in a big budget hollywood movie and people had their ideal in mind.
 Affleck failed miserably with his portrayal of a lesser superhero character in daredevil and from his past movies there's nothing bruce wayne/batman in him unlike say brolin who fits the bill obviously.

Seems for every successful actor playing batman the next would be a flop.  Just look at Kilmer. Horrible, Clooney, same shit.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #295 on: July 21, 2014, 02:38:15 PM »
Seems for every successful actor playing batman the next would be a flop.  Just look at Kilmer. Horrible, Clooney, same shit.

Kilmer didn't bother me at all.

The only problem with those 2 Batman movies was Joel Schumacher... The campy Batman style had gone out back in the 70s and him trying to bring it back screwed the franchise.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #296 on: July 21, 2014, 02:58:24 PM »
I don't get the need for a batman vs. superman movie in the first place.  This is not a precursor to the JL so it's kind of lame.  At least have Superman fight Doomsday or Darkseid before bringing in Batman.  The producers should have fought hard for Bale just for some consistency.  Is Affleck even going to do the JL movies?  Having Lex be the villain.  Yawn.  So tired of it.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #297 on: July 21, 2014, 03:15:44 PM »
He is going for the Adam west look.
A

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2014, 03:33:02 AM »

Yep.

As soon as this hits the theaters, or even before that, they should announce a reeboot of Batman with Josh.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #299 on: July 23, 2014, 06:37:11 AM »
He is going for the Adam west look.

Fuck you

Don't insult Adam West like that again  ;D