Author Topic: Ben Affleck will be the new Batman  (Read 66991 times)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
Re: Ben Affleck will be the new Batman
« Reply #325 on: July 27, 2014, 05:31:02 AM »
you hate him as an actor but what are his abilities as a director?  what about the guys who screen write for him also?  they all came as a package to DC.  why let marvel grab them?  I'm surprise they were able to grab dwayne walker who will be a sick Shazam or Black Adam.

i would have concerns if DC had a popcorn universe like Marvel.  Affleck can't play goof roles that Marvel require. DC is dark with basic acting and action based on physics of sort.  I love it.  

I don't hate anyone, but like you said (and I'm not a comic fan) DC is  a dark world and a cold world.

they should have picked another actor for sure.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #326 on: July 27, 2014, 08:08:38 AM »
I need to see more.  Colors are very bland and she looks like Xena the Warrior Princess to me.

The movie will be bad but can I at least get a wonder Woman to jerk off to?  Not too much to ask.

from what i've seen, her action scenes with the costume won't start filming until later this year and early next year, so they still have time to beef her up.  i think they have only done diana work with so far.  

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #327 on: July 27, 2014, 11:22:26 AM »
 :P

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #328 on: July 27, 2014, 09:09:23 PM »
this doesn't make sense because they won't have 5 calendar years with the moves marvel is making.

I had some connections at WB when Nolan was making his trilogy.

Trust me. WB wasn't too happy with Man of Steel's final box office numbers or it's tepid (at best) reviews.

They had to bring Batman back.

You think they want Batman back on the big screen with Gotham playing on television? Nope.

WB was going to cancel Smallville back in the day just to be able to make J.J. Abrams Superman train wreck called Flyby. It raised holy hell.

They don't want the characters appearing in two different mediums simultaneously.

Also, don't expect Shazam in the JLA movie.

It's going to be Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow (CW kid), Flash (The kid from new CW show. That's why its being done.), Aquaman (Affleck's gay lover Damon), Cyborg, and maybe Green Lantern. But they will go with the black Green Lantern. They will not bring Ryan Reynolds back.

No Martian Manhunter. No Shazam.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #329 on: July 27, 2014, 09:15:53 PM »
the problem is, MOS' next villian would have to be another powerhouse. if doomdays showed up on earth as a kryptonian killer, how does superman get away with a battle but we never see the other heros of earth?  therefore, you have to introduce the other characters now.  the world engine should have drawn them (esp the powerhouse ones like wonder woman, shazam (the rock), etc) out in the first movie but they got away with that.  and no one wants to see Superman vs Lex Luther again.

The point is to use TDKR, an Elseworld tale to bring Superman and Batman together is the wrong approach. It's a big problem right off before we even get to the casting of Affleck.

See, these Hollywood studio heads and producers live in a bubble. They know him, see him about town, at parties, etc.

They think the public likes Affleck. They don't.

But their egos won't let them admit it was a blunder. They won't cut their loses. They just trudge straight ahead.

This is a guy who won the Razzie for playing Daredevil for cryin' out loud. He can't play Batman.  

And don't forget that there was a time long before Disney bought Marvel that WB had the chance to make a JLA movie.

The director of the Mad Max trilogy, George Miller, wanted to do it. WB turned him down flat. They said it was too tough to pull off, too costly. Also, the rumor that Nolan didn't want Bale being put in the film was out there.

Then Disney developed their three phases project and the rest was history. WB was caught with their pants down.

Their Aquaman pilot (Mercy Reef) wasn't picked up.
Their Wonder Woman pilot wasn't picked up.
Green Lantern bombed.
Man of Steel underperformed.

...And here we are.

The problem is that they're still doing it wrong.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #330 on: July 28, 2014, 06:32:58 AM »
I had some connections at WB when Nolan was making his trilogy.

Trust me. WB wasn't too happy with Man of Steel's final box office numbers or it's tepid (at best) reviews.

They had to bring Batman back.

You think they want Batman back on the big screen with Gotham playing on television? Nope.

WB was going to cancel Smallville back in the day just to be able to make J.J. Abrams Superman train wreck called Flyby. It raised holy hell.

They don't want the characters appearing in two different mediums simultaneously.

Also, don't expect Shazam in the JLA movie.

It's going to be Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow (CW kid), Flash (The kid from new CW show. That's why its being done.), Aquaman (Affleck's gay lover Damon), Cyborg, and maybe Green Lantern. But they will go with the black Green Lantern. They will not bring Ryan Reynolds back.

No Martian Manhunter. No Shazam.

Ummm no, they already cast Jason Mamoa as Aquaman.  About time this guy gets a super hero role but aquaman seems like a strange choice.  he would be a good cyborg

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: July 28, 2014, 07:02:42 AM »
Ummm no, they already cast Jason Mamoa as Aquaman.  About time this guy gets a super hero role but aquaman seems like a strange choice.  he would be a good cyborg

Aquaman works, is a bit of a stereotype because of the Pacific Island connection, but I don't see him fitting anywhere else.  He'd be worst than Ryan Reynolds if he was cyborg.  They got a Broadway actor to play that role which is a good choice.

Green Lantern bombed.

...And here we are.

Even Marvel TV stuff sucked.  Isn't Arrow a DC character?  I don't watch but I'm guessing.

Green Lantern is the PRIME example why DC needs to stay away from Marvel's popcorn kiddie universe.  The new Lantern will be John Stewart who is a better and more serious fit.

MOS' box office 700M is almost equal to the Amazing Spiderman 750M.  Also MOS had an uphill climb with Return of Superman hanging on its' shoulders while Spiderman was ridding Marvel wave of popcorn.  

Again, you can't do a MOS II with Marvel so far out in front.  They needed a vehicle to introduce characters.  B v S is the right vehicle at the right time.  

Lastly, Marvel's properties are spread over multiple studios vs all of DC's stuff is in-house (one studio).  That makes it difficult to put out 3-4 movies a year.   Most of Marvel's stuff is shit so I'm glad DC isnt spread out.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #332 on: July 28, 2014, 08:27:52 AM »
Marvel did slap together the guardians real fast.  It was only a few months ago I was reading that they green lit the project and now it's being released next week and looks like utter shit.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #333 on: July 28, 2014, 12:58:42 PM »
Stick to Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.  Focus on making their movies good.  The second tier superheros are  ::)

Too many characters and too much bullshit going on in these movies.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #334 on: July 28, 2014, 02:42:41 PM »
Stick to Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.  Focus on making their movies good.  The second tier superheros are  ::)

Too many characters and too much bullshit going on in these movies.

Stupid how the new Avengers will have QuickSilver and Witch but not make them Magneto's kids and cast a different actor to play QS that they did in XMen.  They keep chaning the back stories too much.  I wonder when they'll make the black Captain America movie or latino spiderman film.  When they flop in the theaters they'll realize how much people hated it.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #335 on: July 29, 2014, 01:56:04 AM »
Ummm no, they already cast Jason Mamoa as Aquaman.  About time this guy gets a super hero role but aquaman seems like a strange choice.  he would be a good cyborg

That's an unconfirmed rumor. Don't believe Variety. It's moron central over there. Plus, they got it from HitFix. ::)

Aquaman will not be in BvS. It's Damon's solo film first.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #336 on: July 29, 2014, 02:07:24 AM »
Even Marvel TV stuff sucked.  Isn't Arrow a DC character?  I don't watch but I'm guessing.

Yes, he is.

Green Lantern is the PRIME example why DC needs to stay away from Marvel's popcorn kiddie universe.  The new Lantern will be John Stewart who is a better and more serious fit.

Oh, I agree with you about the approach. I'm more of a DC guy myself. But look at Snyder's history. You can even see it in the leaked footage from Comic-Con. The over the top bat signal with an overdone switch that sparks up. Believe me, their approach is going to be pure popcorn.

Wrong director.
Wrong actor.
Wrong stolen story.

Three strikes.

Again, you can't do a MOS II with Marvel so far out in front.  They needed a vehicle to introduce characters.  B v S is the right vehicle at the right time.

I still don't think this is the way to do it.

Lastly, Marvel's properties are spread over multiple studios vs all of DC's stuff is in-house (one studio).  That makes it difficult to put out 3-4 movies a year.   Most of Marvel's stuff is shit so I'm glad DC isnt spread out.

Yes, Disney would love to get Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and X-Men back. No doubts there. They just had to take on the contracts that Disney had made with Fox (FF,X-Men) and Columbia/Sony (Spidey).

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: July 29, 2014, 02:11:37 AM »
That's an unconfirmed rumor. Don't believe Variiety. It's moron central over there.

Aquaman will not be in BvS. It's Damon's solo film first.

hahaha, i have to see it to believe.   notice all the males being cast are 6'2'' or better.  gadot is 5'10'', was almost eye level to ben and henry in 3'' heels.  

jason is a better fit.

the rock said, "just say the word!", so i'm going with shazam 45% or black adam 55%.  it depends if they are willing to split screen time with him and some boy playing billy. then again, i heard they may fuse the two (adam and shazam) with a new back story.

what are they going to do with an aquaman who is shorter than faora, lol?

ops, that's the penguin.  ;D

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #338 on: July 29, 2014, 03:32:53 AM »
The point is to use TDKR, an Elseworld tale to bring Superman and Batman together is the wrong approach. It's a big problem right off before we even get to the casting of Affleck.

See, these Hollywood studio heads and producers live in a bubble. They know him, see him about town, at parties, etc.

They think the public likes Affleck. They don't.

But their egos won't let them admit it was a blunder. They won't cut their loses. They just trudge straight ahead.

This is a guy who won the Razzie for playing Daredevil for cryin' out loud. He can't play Batman.  

And don't forget that there was a time long before Disney bought Marvel that WB had the chance to make a JLA movie.

The director of the Mad Max trilogy, George Miller, wanted to do it. WB turned him down flat. They said it was too tough to pull off, too costly. Also, the rumor that Nolan didn't want Bale being put in the film was out there.

Then Disney developed their three phases project and the rest was history. WB was caught with their pants down.

Green Lantern bombed.

...And here we are.

George Millers Justice League was actually in the final stages of preproduction.
Sets built,
Miller had cast Arnie Hammer as Batman from memory.
Megan Gale as wonderwomen would have made a really great & smokin hot successor to Linda Carter.
I am really liking the new mad max trailer in other George Miller news

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #339 on: September 03, 2014, 07:51:05 PM »
hahaha, i have to see it to believe.   notice all the males being cast are 6'2'' or better.  gadot is 5'10'', was almost eye level to ben and henry in 3'' heels.  

jason is a better fit.

the rock said, "just say the word!", so i'm going with shazam 45% or black adam 55%.  it depends if they are willing to split screen time with him and some boy playing billy. then again, i heard they may fuse the two (adam and shazam) with a new back story.

what are they going to do with an aquaman who is shorter than faora, lol?

ops, that's the penguin.  ;D

The Rock @ the North Americans

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #340 on: September 03, 2014, 08:08:40 PM »
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=42071

Dwayne Johnson Officially Set For Shazam
He'll play Black Adam

He’s been dancing around the DC Comics cinematic universe for years now, dropping coy hints about possible roles and films he’d like to tackle. Finally, Dwayne Johnson has made it official, making a deal to play the villain-turned-antihero Black Adam in a Shazam film.

Warner Bros. has hired Darren Lemke to write the script for the film, with Johnson attached to star. Shazam focuses on Billy Batson, who can become the hero known as Captain Marvel by saying the word, “Shazam!” which grants him the powers of six mythological gods.

Johnson’s character, Black Adam, has long been the nemesis for the hero, but in recent comics, he’s been on a path to change his nature and make amends for his past. And that would seem to be the embryonic film’s angle, as hinted at in Johnson’s tweet about the role today.
Of course, it’s early days and with Lemke only just kicking off work, no director is attached and no schedule has been set for the movie. But the news also gives credence to word of Warner Bros. registering a batch of new domain names.

As for when Shazam will make its appearance? That’s still up in the air. But Warners has a lot of release dates to fill and having Johnson locked in for one of the movies helps figure out one of them…

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: December 17, 2015, 05:45:36 PM »
New movie posters were released

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #342 on: December 17, 2015, 07:15:58 PM »
(esp the powerhouse ones like wonder woman, shazam (the rock), etc) out in the first movie but they got away with that.

I'm surprise they were able to grab dwayne walker who will be a sick Shazam or Black Adam.

Dwayne Walker is a great actor and i love his work (Bananas and Grapefruits in the Mist, The White Towel Terror etc) but they will use Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock as Black Adam.

It's going to be Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow (CW kid), Flash (The kid from new CW show. That's why its being done.), Aquaman (Affleck's gay lover Damon), Cyborg, and maybe Green Lantern. But they will go with the black Green Lantern.  

Nope, Momoa as Aquaman and The Rock as Black Adam.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Rock-Chose-Black-Adam-Over-Shazam-70609.html
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Rock-Promises-Black-Adam-Showdown-With-Batman-Superman-69726.html

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #343 on: December 18, 2015, 08:05:58 AM »
New movie posters were released

Glad to see Batman is now a transformer

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: December 18, 2015, 08:08:46 AM »
It's not new.
That suit is from 1986.

Anti Superman-Suit from Dark Knight Returns, 1986.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #345 on: December 18, 2015, 08:11:34 AM »
The rock would be the only actor that doesn't need a fake muscle suit.  Should save on costume costs for the film

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #346 on: December 18, 2015, 08:12:16 AM »

It's the Iron Man version of Batman.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: December 18, 2015, 08:29:00 AM »
The rock would be the only actor that doesn't need a fake muscle suit.  Should save on costume costs for the film
You are forgetting Jason Momoa, Dave Bautista, Danny DeVito, Joe Pesci, Woody Allen and DJ Qualls.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #348 on: December 18, 2015, 08:33:39 AM »
You are forgetting Jason Momoa, Dave Bautista, Danny DeVito, Joe Pesci, Woody Allen and DJ Qualls.

a

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #349 on: December 18, 2015, 08:53:26 AM »
Was originally offered the roll of wolverine  , but turned it down

Danny DeVito