Author Topic: Craig Titus: 12-23-05: Police Report Story  (Read 36569 times)

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Craig Titus: 12-23-05: Police Report Story
« on: December 23, 2005, 08:50:44 AM »
A week before Craig Titus and his wife, Kelly Ryan, became fugitives, the professional bodybuilders met with Las Vegas homicide detectives about the dead woman who was found in Ryan's burned 2003 Jaguar.

Titus, 40, admitted to secretly having an affair with 28-year-old Melissa James, whose body was found in the trunk of the car. Titus and Ryan, 33, said James was their live-in personal assistant. They said that they had recently evicted her for embezzling from them, but that they had not filed a police complaint.

Both told investigators that James had stolen Ryan's car, though they did not report the theft to police. Titus and Ryan made those comments Dec. 14, hours after James' body 
was discovered in the torched Jaguar off state Route 160, according to an arrest warrant filed in Las Vegas Justice Court. The warrant was issued for 23-year-old Anthony Gross, an alleged accomplice in the slaying. Gross is in custody.

But Titus and Ryan were set free after their interrogation because of a lack of evidence, and authorities presume the two have since fled, possibly to Greece.Titus and Ryan have since been charged with murder and third-degree arson.

Maura James, who on Thursday marked her 51st birthday by remembering her daughter with relatives in Florida, said she hopes the fugitives will soon be caught.

"I find it hard to believe they had anything to do with it because she trusted them as friends," she said. "I was shocked. I never imagined they'd be capable of doing anything like this."

Witnesses told police that Titus had said he would flee to a country that would not extradite him. Las Vegas police Lt. Tom Monahan said Titus "mentioned that he has 
been to prison and has no intention of going back."

Titus was convicted of conspiring to possess and sell Ecstasy and served a couple of years in prison in the late 1990s after he tested positive for steroids. Las Vegas police say that Titus killed Melissa James and that Ryan and Gross helped dispose of her body.

Ryan told police that after discovering funds missing from her accounts, she kicked James out of her $470,000 southwest Las Vegas home. The eviction came Dec. 13, a day before James' body turned up in the remote desert.

James packed a suitcase and Ryan, a former Ms. Fitness America, dropped her off at a convenience store, Ryan told police. But Ryan and Titus contradicted each other when police asked them separately which vehicle Ryan had used to take James to the store.

"Ryan told detectives she used her Jaguar to take James to the convenience store," a police officer wrote in the report. "Titus said she used his silver Dodge truck."

Maura James, who lives in New Jersey, said she last spoke with her daughter about 11:30 a.m. Pacific Standard Time on Dec. 13. During the brief cell phone conversation, Melissa James said she was eating at a Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant.

Maura James heard her daughter ask someone what they wanted to eat. She asked her daughter whom she was with, but the question went unanswered. A short time later, Melissa James wrapped up the call and said she would call back after lunch.

She never called back and never answered her mother's follow-up calls. The next day, a Wednesday, Maura James went to the Newark airport  before 9 a.m. She was scheduled to pick up her daughter, who was  coming home for Christmas. She said her daughter was also considering  moving home to New Jersey.

Melissa James' flight arrived, but she wasn't on it. Maura James  called her cell phone and left messages. Airport officials issued a  page over a public address system. Maura James eventually returned  home alone.

She later called Titus' cell phone several times and left messages. "I thought she had been in an accident or something," she said. "I  started calling hospitals in Las Vegas. Nobody had her.

"Thursday night is when I got the call from the coroner. ... She had  been strangled."

Maura James said her daughter never mentioned being romantically  involved with Titus, who married Ryan in Clark County in June 2000.  Melissa James, who was a model and former dance instructor, had lived  with the bodybuilders in Southern California several years ago.

Titus asked Melissa James to move to Las Vegas about two months ago,  and she accepted, her mother said. In the days before her death, James told her mother that she and Ryan  were not getting along. She said she was staying at a hotel.

"I said, 'Why?' She said, 'Well, Kelly is flipping out and acting  crazy,'•" Maura James said.

Titus booked the hotel room for two nights, from Dec. 12 to Dec. 14,  and paid for it with a credit card belonging to Emperor Enterprises,  a company he and Ryan own, according to police.

"He said he had spent most of one night with James at her room,"  investigators said in the report, quoting Titus. Titus also paid for James' plane ticket home, her mother said.

On Dec. 16, two days after James' body was recovered, Amanda Polk, a  young bodybuilder who had moved to Las Vegas to train with Ryan,  contacted police with a tip. Polk met with investigators the next day  and told them that she had received a phone call from Titus on Dec.  15 "saying he was in a bad situation (and) needed to get out of town 
for a while," police said.

Titus and Ryan went to the home of Polk and her boyfriend later that  evening. Ryan hugged Polk and said someone had found her Jaguar  burned with a body inside. During a car ride to dinner, Ryan confided  in Polk, she told police.

"Ryan proceeded to tell Polk she had found their roommate, Melissa,  dead in her room from an overdose," police said. "Polk said Ryan told  her Melissa had been dead for a few hours and couldn't describe what  she looked like because it would traumatize Polk for life. Polk said  Ryan proceeded to tell her" that her life was ruined "because she  bought seven bottles of lighter fluid at Wal-Mart with her credit  card" at 3:30 a.m.

Investigators say Polk confronted Ryan and asked her why she hadn't  called police when she found the body. "Ryan responded by saying Craig told her, 'No body, no crime,'•" 
police wrote in the report. "Ryan told Polk she just did what Titus  told her to do, that she thought Titus got someone to get rid of  Melissa and she didn't kill anyone."

Police say Titus met with business partner Gregory Ruiz at a Subway  restaurant in the Las Vegas Valley on the morning of Dec. 17. "Titus told Ruiz he had to leave the country," an investigator wrote,  adding that Titus had traded in his Dodge Viper truck for a new  vehicle and intended to meet a friend in Boston to liquidate his assets.

Police obtained cell phone records that showed Titus called Anthony Gross in the early morning of Dec. 14. Gross told investigators that he left his apartment in pajamas,  filled up a can with gas and drove west on Blue Diamond Road until he saw flashing headlights from a Jaguar.

He told police that he pulled up beside the Jaguar, rolled down his  window and handed Titus a metal gas can. He said he did not know what  Titus did with the gas can and, though he gave Titus a lift back into  town, the two never discussed what had happened.

On Dec. 14, before 5 a.m., a trucker saw the Jaguar ablaze. In the  trunk, authorities found a body with white fabric around its neck and  duct tape across the face.

An autopsy revealed that James had likely died from asphyxiation. Police used the license plate on the car to trace the vehicle back to Ryan. "I think they had hoped the fire would completely consume the car so  that it would be unidentifiable," Monahan said.

On Wednesday, however, Titus and Ryan -- who have been on the covers  of bodybuilding magazines -- were being identified on television news  broadcasts as murder suspects.

Neighbors recalled Thursday that Titus and Ryan often had visitors, some driving flashy cars -- Ferraris or Mercedes. One neighbor  described Titus as friendly, adding that his physique was noticeably smaller these days.

Titus, who graduated high school at 140 pounds, has often competed in  the 250-pound range or more. Police say he is now down to about 225 pounds. A neighbor who did not want to be identified because Titus remained  on the loose, said he had noticed another change in the man: "He's  smoking. Before, he was not smoking."

Monahan said police have evidence suggesting that Titus' loss of size was causing him to lose sponsorship contracts.

Maura James, meanwhile, recalled something her daughter had once  mentioned about Titus, Ryan and steroids. "She told me that since he was getting older, he was not going to be competing as much," James said. "She used to tell me, 'Yeah, they took them when they were getting ready for competitions. And they would go to the doctor quite a bit for checking organs and things like that.'•"

Monahan said he believes authorities will find Titus and Ryan sooner or later, in part because of their high profiles and flamboyance. Their capture might bring a measure of consolation to a grieving mother.

"You know what's so hard?" James said. "They burned my daughter so that we can't even see her again before we bury her. She is so sweet. She is so sweet and beautiful. I can't imagine anybody doing that to  her."

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Craig Titus: 12-23-05: Police Report Story
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 09:02:17 AM »
titus graduated high school at 140 lbs.

funniest thing i've heard in a while.

kelly ryan is a stupid girl who should get the death penalty.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 09:32:59 AM »

kelly ryan is a stupid pussy who should get the death penalty.

Remeber folks,

Its all about Genetics. hHAHAHAHAH

Leon pua

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 09:48:35 AM »
Oh maan...dis is sum really really serious sh*t......sounds like a first degree murder plus third degree arson for Titus...... :o :o
Titus is gonna rot in jail..... :o :o

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 09:49:24 AM »
Remeber folks,

SO true. HaHaHaHaHaHa. I remember seeing a pic of that little murderer when he was in high school and laughing my balls off. what a turd. It's all steroids with the majority of these dildos. The thing I love most about steroid assholes is running into them after theyv'e been clean for a few years. I'm the same size or bigger than the last time I saw them and they look like they have aged 10 years, lost 20 pounds of muscle and gained 10 pounds of fat. They always are looking for the exit but I like to drag on the conversation and watch them squirm in their smallness. HaHaHaHa cocks.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 09:59:04 AM »
Nice contributions to the thread....no intellegent design from you guys!

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 10:01:01 AM »
Wowzers,

How can you TOTALLY FUCK  up OUR LIFE!? I mean, theres no WAY your getting away with shit like that-  Those two are def living in a world of their own, i mean COME ON! Who can Burn someones body, someone that lived with you for aseveral years too!

Of all places to go, GREECE! I should go there and hunt him down with my boys and get a big head hunters fee. lol..j/k But for real thats where my family is from..i wonde rwhy he chose Greece?

Sad story..so messed up.. talk about fuking up your life ROYALLY.

I never like Titus anyhow..

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 10:04:18 AM »
Nice contributions to the thread....no intellegent design from you guys!

I know, the nerve of us to talk about anything besides fvcking Craig Titus and his asshole wife. If they did it(and it looks like they did) they deserve to be thrown in a trunk themselves and be burned alive. And the girls parents get to light the match. There, Now Iv'e posted about the murder. fvck off.

dmorgan41178

• Getbig II
  • Big Big Big!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 10:06:01 AM »
latest news footage

http://kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=4280386

btw greece has no extradiction. so they can not be taken by US
Gonna Beat Em'

DEFCON

• Getbig IV
  • LSD, 100 µg, i.m.
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 10:06:39 AM »

kelly ryan is a stupid pussy who should get the death penalty.
yea they should leave titus alone. at least kill kelly and be done with it.

joejoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2005, 10:09:04 AM »
""Ryan proceeded to tell Polk she had found their roommate, Melissa,  dead in her room from an overdose," police said. "Polk said Ryan told  her Melissa had been dead for a few hours and couldn't describe what  she looked like because it would traumatize Polk for life. Polk said  Ryan proceeded to tell her" that her life was ruined "because she  bought seven bottles of lighter fluid at Wal-Mart with her credit  card" at 3:30 a.m.

Investigators say Polk confronted Ryan and asked her why she hadn't  called police when she found the body. "Ryan responded by saying Craig told her, 'No body, no crime,'•"  "

this right here makes no sense at all. what f-ing crime are you commiting by finding your roommate dead in your house from an overdose? kelly cant even make up a good story to lie to her friends about to cover her ass. i think kelly choked her out. craig seemed to be nice to the girl and the girl told her mom that kelly was acting crazy lately. kelly killed that girl and craig tried to cover it up.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2005, 10:15:51 AM »
Hmmm.

Amanda Polk posts on the boards.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2005, 10:18:12 AM »
Hmmm.

Amanda Polk posts on the boards.

Under what name?

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2005, 10:19:07 AM »
'No body, no crime"

Dump F**ks ::)
pain day

dmorgan41178

• Getbig II
  • Big Big Big!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2005, 10:21:33 AM »
amanda is fitmandy2000 on musclemayhem
she actually posted to the rumor of ifbb pros involved in murder thread
Gonna Beat Em'

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 10:28:15 AM »
dmorgan is right. She's fitmandy2000 on mm.

She posted under Fitmandy on getbig.

http://www.hardfitness.com/profiles/mandypolk/index.html

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2005, 10:32:15 AM »
i think kelly choked her out. craig seemed to be nice to the girl and the girl told her mom that kelly was acting crazy lately. kelly killed that girl and craig tried to cover it up.

Unbelievable. !! :o
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2005, 10:32:59 AM »
grandiosity will get you every time :)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2005, 10:34:22 AM »
I cant believe how many people hear of or see a murder and they just dont do anything at all, when its the time to do so.

Lets see, if my aquitance asked me to deliver a gas can in the desert, if my friend told me he has to take off for a while because he's in deep shit, if anyone I knew told me they got rid of a body but didnt kill them, I'd be on the phone to the police in the shortest order.

But in this case, alot of people kinda new something was going on and did fuck all when they should have.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »
Fitmandy aka Amanda Polk has deleted her posts in the thread on getbig

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=10661

Edit: But Zack quoted her ;)
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=48631.msg765451#msg765451

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2005, 11:16:27 AM »
Remeber folks,

ifbb pros are genetic freaks according to everyone else on here! i guess 140 at 17 is genetically gifted!

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2005, 11:34:43 AM »
Genetics baby!

midknight

• Getbig IV
  • Soon, you will know the meaning of pain.
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2005, 11:35:48 AM »
""Ryan proceeded to tell Polk she had found their roommate, Melissa,  dead in her room from an overdose," police said. "Polk said Ryan told  her Melissa had been dead for a few hours and couldn't describe what  she looked like because it would traumatize Polk for life. Polk said  Ryan proceeded to tell her" that her life was ruined "because she  bought seven bottles of lighter fluid at Wal-Mart with her credit  card" at 3:30 a.m.

Investigators say Polk confronted Ryan and asked her why she hadn't  called police when she found the body. "Ryan responded by saying Craig told her, 'No body, no crime,'•"  "

this right here makes no sense at all. what f-ing crime are you commiting by finding your roommate dead in your house from an overdose? kelly cant even make up a good story to lie to her friends about to cover her ass. i think kelly choked her out. craig seemed to be nice to the girl and the girl told her mom that kelly was acting crazy lately. kelly killed that girl and craig tried to cover it up.

Nope, I don't buy Kelly’s version of the story. Think about it, in the hours leading up to packing and leaving a life as you knew it forever, you tell a training client the entire load down, in truth? I think Kelly was trying to deflect blame of murder to her hubby in last desperate measure to talk to someone. THE BODY WAS HOG TIED AND GAGGED, not lying peacefully as a result of an OD. – I don’t doubt there were drugs involved, but primarily cause of death? Bogus.

Also Kelly not knowing about “the affair” – come on, we know all about the sex parties that went on in the Titus house.
pain day

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2005, 11:40:22 AM »
Im sure any type of other media going over these threads to cover this story are getting a great representation of who we are by some of the comments on here.

NubianMuscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2005, 11:47:36 AM »
Nope, I don't buy Kelly’s version of the story.

The police didn't buy it either. In today's Las Vegas RJ article, it was reported that Craig and Kelly were interviewed separately on December 14 and their "facts" didn't match.
D