Author Topic: Magic fires back at James  (Read 4230 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Magic fires back at James
« on: August 23, 2013, 01:18:47 PM »
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1747366-magic-johnson-responds-to-lebron-james-not-including-him-on-his-top-3-players?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=los-angeles-lakers

Earvin Magic Johnson        ✔ @MagicJohnson

NBA Championship rings are all that matter; Jordan 6, Me 5, Bird 3, LeBron 2 and Dr. J 1.
11:35 AM - 22 August 2013
2,657 RETWEETS  893 FAVORITES

BRO

• Getbig III
Re: Magic fires back at James
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 01:23:07 PM »
Magic vs Lebron

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 02:31:25 PM »
I'm a huge Magic Johnson fan ever since I was a kid.  As a fan, I was confused by Magic's tweet.  Is he butthurt that Lebron snubbed him?  If so, I'm amazed that he gives a shit what Lebron thinks.  Lebron is of the generation that thinks that Michael Jordan invented the game of basketball.  Of course he is gonna be on Jordan's nuts. 

I agree with Magic that championships are huge when talking about the greatest players of all time.  I hate the Celtics but why does Bill Russell always get ignored?  Dude has 11 rings and the last two he won as player he was also the fucking coach.  Bad Dude.  While we are at it, Kareem has 6 rings and 6 MVPs. 

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 02:54:44 PM »
Magic is a top 10 player of all time but lets be serious, he wasn't as good in his prime as Lebron is now

Branchs Ears

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 03:21:34 PM »
I'm a huge Magic Johnson fan ever since I was a kid.  As a fan, I was confused by Magic's tweet.  Is he butthurt that Lebron snubbed him?  If so, I'm amazed that he gives a shit what Lebron thinks.  Lebron is of the generation that thinks that Michael Jordan invented the game of basketball.  Of course he is gonna be on Jordan's nuts. 

I agree with Magic that championships are huge when talking about the greatest players of all time.  I hate the Celtics but why does Bill Russell always get ignored?  Dude has 11 rings and the last two he won as player he was also the fucking coach.  Bad Dude.  While we are at it, Kareem has 6 rings and 6 MVPs. 

Magic has trouble counting past potato.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 03:46:21 PM »
Saw Magic and Bird on Letterman. Bird said magic is better player because of more championships. Magic says bird is the better player.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 04:01:32 PM »
James should Tweet back  "You have more rings, but I'm HIV free"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 04:03:02 PM »
 I hate the Celtics, but why does Bill Russell always get ignored?  Dude has 11 rings, and the last two he won as player, he was also the fucking coach.  Bad Dude.

^

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 06:10:13 PM »
Magic is a top 10 player of all time but lets be serious, he wasn't as good in his prime as Lebron is now

Lebron is playing at a very high level right now but I still think Magic was better.  It's hard to compare the two because they played on very different teams and they had different responsibilities on those teams. 

I'm old enough to have seen Magic at his best.  People today give him respect but I still don't think that they understand how good he really was.  Lebron is a beast and I'm not trying to take anything away from him though. 

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 06:13:38 PM »
James should Tweet back  "You have more rings, but I'm HIV free"

karma is a bitch.  and when you mess with groupies, you don't know if your number will be called.  lebron ain't that stupid.  

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 06:16:03 PM »
James should Tweet back  "You have more rings, but I'm HIV free"

That would be CLASSIC !!!!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 06:57:27 PM »
As much as Magic was pushing the "Lebron is the best player" button, he probably wanted a little reciprocity.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 07:05:46 PM »
There was nothing more entertaining than watching the Lakers play during Magic's era. The fastbreak "showtime" offense was truly a thing to behold. The Magic/Kareem Lakers were so much more fun to watch than the Kobe/Shaq Lakers.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2013, 12:46:51 AM »
Lets be real. You could move the top 10 of all time in different order and you would have a valid argument. They are all good.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 06:28:52 AM »

Magic isn't really butthurt over Lebron.....he's likely mad because Lebron mentioned Larry Bird.  Magic and Larry Bird's rivalry is legendary.
A

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 06:30:46 AM »
thought this was about dennis james?

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2013, 06:55:43 AM »
Lets be real. You could move the top 10 of all time in different order and you would have a valid argument. They are all good.

As long as Jordan is number one.  :)

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 07:02:18 AM »

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 07:04:44 AM »

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2013, 07:35:18 AM »
As much as Magic was pushing the "Lebron is the best player" button, he probably wanted a little reciprocity.
True, Lebron was just being honest, he said he Magic was fourth on his list! He is entitled to his opinion!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 10:41:49 AM »

Magic isn't really butthurt over Lebron.....he's likely mad because Lebron mentioned Larry Bird.  Magic and Larry Bird's rivalry is legendary.

Horseshit.  They respect each other immensly and do nothing but put each other over.  DrJ doesnt belong.  Not even close to a top 3 guy.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2013, 11:00:52 AM »

Agreed. And so many played in different eras, with different responsibilities to their teams. These guys are all top 10 worthy, and I listed more than 10 guys

Jordan
Bird
Magic
Kareem
Lebron
Kobe
Russell
Wilt
Shaq
Oscar Robertson
Duncan
Malone
Olajuwon

Probably forgot a bunch too

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2013, 11:24:02 AM »
Horseshit.  They respect each other immensly and do nothing but put each other over.  DrJ doesnt belong.  Not even close to a top 3 guy.
Dr.J changed the game! Maybe not top 3 definitely top 10 in my book! It's subjective depeds what you are basing it on!

Tito24

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2013, 11:29:38 AM »

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2013, 11:34:58 AM »
Dr.J changed the game! Maybe not top 3 definitely top 10 in my book! It's subjective depeds what you are basing it on!

He played an exciting style but he pales compared to the very top players.  Excellent scorer, especially ABA days, but little else.  Below avg rebounder for his physical abilities and not a great passer either.  Fun to watch.