Author Topic: $15/hour needed: Liberal Smartass Chrissy Hayes explains business to McDs CEO  (Read 3126 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Always entertaining to hear the "know it all" whose probably never mopped a floor in his privileged life "talk business" with a leader in the industry for multiple decades.    :D

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Always entertaining to hear the "know it all" whose probably never mopped a floor in his privileged life "talk business" with a leader in the industry for multiple decades.    :D

I do need a good laugh, but I'm not sure if I can stomach MSNBC right now.  ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
I do need a good laugh, but I'm not sure if I can stomach MSNBC right now.  ;D

I barely made the 5 minutes or so. How anyone can stomach 2 or 3 hours of this nonsense every night is beyond me.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
15/hr here in Canada would make a decent minimum wage, as that's how much it would cost to live a "break-even" lifestyle.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
 ::)

Solution: Make everything automated, use machines and fire all of the workers.

If fast food workers make $15 an hour, there are only two ways that the revenue differential will be made up; Prices will go up substantially and/or the stock price of the company will go down.

A fast food franchise (McD, BK) typically operates through selling items at a profit of 20-30%. Double the salary of every worker and its almost not even worth it to be in business. To make up the increase in salaries, the franchise has to mark up prices. Obviously, that hurts business and pushes consumers elsewhere. So in summation, the increase in salary for unskilled workers that could easily be replaced with machines will drive up costs, reduce profits and discourage franchisees. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
::)

Solution: Make everything automated, use machines and fire all of the workers.

If fast food workers make $15 an hour, there are only two ways that the revenue differential will be made up; Prices will go up substantially and/or the stock price of the company will go down.

A fast food franchise (McD, BK) typically operates through selling items at a profit of 20-30%. Double the salary of every worker and its almost not even worth it to be in business. To make up the increase in salaries, the franchise has to mark up prices. Obviously, that hurts business and pushes consumers elsewhere. So in summation, the increase in salary for unskilled workers that could easily be replaced with machines will drive up costs, reduce profits and discourage franchisees. 

Yeah... Well.....

That's just not fair, so you're wrong

tonymctones

• Getbig V
LOL that msnbc host is a perfect example of a entitled kid fresh out of college with no sense of the reality of the world

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I wonder if all the other companies will raise the wages of their skilled workers t9 compensate for the increase in price brougjt on bu the increase in the minimum wage?

So someone has a decent manufacturing job.... say making 18 an hour. Minimum wage goes to 15, everything skyrockets in cost... are those employers going yo raise their wage to 25 an hour so that their workers can maintain the same quality of life?I doubt it... so now those that were lower middle class are suddenly at the poverty line, where they would live the same flipping burgers at mcd9nalds. Fucking genius.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

the estrogen is very high with this msnbc host.  WTF, man?  it's like rachal maddow on test lol.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

I just think how entertaining it is to hear a lib talk about business. As if they knew..lol

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
the estrogen is very high with this msnbc host.  WTF, man?  it's like rachal maddow on test lol.

Rick Maddow is more man than Chrissy will ever be. 8)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Always entertaining to hear the "know it all" whose probably never mopped a floor in his privileged life "talk business" with a leader in the industry for multiple decades.    :D

Chris Hayes is a fucking dum ass.....obviously never worked fast food before.  I worked at Wendy's for a year and Taco Bell for 4 years growing up making 4.25/hr and I did fine.....saved up enough money in 5 months to buy my first computer...an Atari 1040STF and pretty much built my business around what I learned

The problem isn't wages but its a matter of how people spend it.  Rather than go out and buy a 300 dollar Iphone paying 100 dollars a month in service, having cable, and eating out every night, buying a 1000 dollar "Apple Computer", 150 dollar Nikes, and etc...they can budget and get rid of wasted assets.

Heck...I still use a 30 dollar LG phone with Net10 pay per minute service, have no cable or dish...just 29 dollar a month internet with Skype, and I cook 95% of all my meals rarely eating out and I wear a pair of 49 dollar Nikes and and 24.99 dollar pair of "Athlete World" sneakers for training.

Budget your money and you can easily live off whatever amount of money you make
A

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
LOL that msnbc host is a perfect example of a entitled kid fresh out of college with no sense of the reality of the world

Indeed.

He has ideals. He wants to take care of the poor people.

He sure as shit doesn't actually want to spend any time being poor OR spend any time running a business where he's so close to the breadline that a small change in government policy might break him.

Nope - he's a fucking clueless idealist who wants to give a bunch of people money from a different bunch of people, despite being in neither demographic.

He's neither poor, nor struggling to run one of the businesses he thinks should pay for the poor.

Cnut. He needs to be anally raped and thrown in a gutter.

How about he donate's half his salary? I bet the tw@at would be up in arms about that idea.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND

Chris Hayes is a fucking dum ass.....obviously never worked fast food before.  I worked at Wendy's for a year and Taco Bell for 4 years growing up making 4.25/hr and I did fine.....saved up enough money in 5 months to buy my first computer...an Atari 1040STF and pretty much built my business around what I learned

The problem isn't wages but its a matter of how people spend it.  Rather than go out and buy a 300 dollar Iphone paying 100 dollars a month in service, having cable, and eating out every night, buying a 1000 dollar "Apple Computer", 150 dollar Nikes, and etc...they can budget and get rid of wasted assets.

Heck...I still use a 30 dollar LG phone with Net10 pay per minute service, have no cable or dish...just 29 dollar a month internet with Skype, and I cook 95% of all my meals rarely eating out and I wear a pair of 49 dollar Nikes and and 24.99 dollar pair of "Athlete World" sneakers for training.

I take back all of the mean things I said about you being black. Not the gay jokes though.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
One works for McDonald's....and the other should be working AT McDonald's.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Working at McDonalds isn't as bad as people sound.  Hours are flexible since most of them are open 24 hours a day, crew members get book reimbursements for education, 401k with company match, and Medical, Dental, and Eyecare Insurance is available.

Lets not forget that you also get free and discounted meals.  I got that working for Taco Bell and took home about 3 pounds of leftover chicken and steak strips every night.....so I was getting tons of protein for my weight lifting class in high school. 

A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I have worked many jobs in my day...

dishwasher, Mcd, grocery stores, landscaping, teacher, musician, etc...

and I gotta say, twice at McD was not that bad.  Lots of breaks, free unlimited soda, one free meal per shift, etc.  Air conditioned too lol.  You don't have to lift heavy, you don't have to work late, etc. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Well said.  I like it.