Author Topic: Iron man 3 sucks  (Read 5765 times)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Iron man 3 sucks
« on: August 25, 2013, 08:40:34 AM »
**SPOILERS** In case you haven't watched this horrible waste of time

-No armoured supervillains
-Bad guys are glowing vampire looking twinks
-Child sidekick in the middle of the movie - totally forced
-Mandarin is not the Mandarin
-Formerly crippled egghead turned evil genius twink is kinda sorta the Mandarin
-Who can also breathe fire
-And naturally wants to conquer the world
-Tony Stark's one liners are cheesier than ever
-Tony Stark suffers panic attacks
-Pepper Potts is turned into glowing vampire
-Remotely controlled suits

Possibly the worst thing I've watched this year except I can't remember if I watched Prometheus this year or in 2012.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Iron man 3 sucks
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 08:44:19 AM »
Eh, it wasnt terrible. Dude, its a movie about an uber rich douche flying around the skys in a make believe billion dollar supersuit. What are you expecting?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 08:44:39 AM »
**SPOILERS** In case you haven't watched this horrible waste of time

-No armoured supervillains
-Bad guys are glowing vampire looking twinks
-Child sidekick in the middle of the movie - totally forced
-Mandarin is not the Mandarin
-Formerly crippled egghead turned evil genius twink is kinda sorta the Mandarin
-Who can also breathe fire
-And naturally wants to conquer the world
-Tony Stark's one liners are cheesier than ever
-Tony Stark suffers panic attacks
-Pepper Potts is turned into glowing vampire
-Remotely controlled suits

Possibly the worst thing I've watched this year except I can't remember if I watched Prometheus this year or in 2012.

The first one was okay , second sucked and I have this one and NO desire to watch it

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 08:46:31 AM »
It was decent. Worthy of a download. (I guess comic book nerds might have issues with certain formalities which non comic books fanatics doesn't notice.)
Compared to most recent spiderman movie. It was worthy of an oscar.

Kuklinski movie was a letdown. They rushed the entire thing. The actual documentary with kuklinski talking is way better And more entertaining. Solid lead actor though. Could have been done So much better though. Damn shame. They RUSHED what actually Turned him into the "iceman" ffs.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 08:48:42 AM »
I didn't like it either. I thought it was strange how Iron Man's suit could withstand Thor's lightning but melted in this movie. The Mandarin was a joke. Worst movie of the series.
S

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 08:49:30 AM »
The first one was okay , second sucked and I have this one and NO desire to watch it

Sums it up precisely.

Eh, it wasnt terrible. Dude, its a movie about an uber rich douche flying around the skys in a make believe billion dollar supersuit. What are you expecting?

Fights with other douches in make believe supersuits  ???

Instead of this wanker:

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 08:54:13 AM »
Sums it up precisely.

Fights with other douches in make believe supersuits  ???

Instead of this wanker:

lol, fair enough..mm but theyve hadnother douches in make believe suits for 2 movies now (one terrible), so youd think if they didnt do something different people would be crucifying them for doing the same thing over and over?

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 08:58:46 AM »
lol, fair enough..mm but theyve hadnother douches in make believe suits for 2 movies now (one terrible), so youd think if they didnt do something different people would be crucifying them for doing the same thing over and over?

"the amazing spiderman" which is the worst fucking movie 2012 and a rehash of the SAME movie from a few years ago including the same fucking exact story

...grossed 260$ million.

Even with complaining assholes like myself. They will continue to rehash this shit until people stop watching them. Which doesn't seem to fucking happen. $ rules.

The ammount of sequels and "rehashing" hollywood is pumping out is insane. And they're making billions.

Im glad I download this shit at least.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 09:01:46 AM »
i only watch iron man because of gwyneth paltrow.

Best special effect of the movie when the Mark42 assembles on Pepper during the explosion.  8)

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 09:07:40 AM »
quelle surprise

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 09:09:08 AM »

I'm all for different bro, but that's not what they did. They took the iconic Extremis storyline and incorporated it with the Mandarin and as a result everything felt butchered.

Not to mention there was way too much parody level humour.

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 09:15:24 AM »
I'm all for different bro, but that's not what they did. They took the iconic Extremis storyline and incorporated it with the Mandarin and as a result everything felt butchered.

This.

Movie was all over the place, forced and played out.

in the first movie there was one iron man and an extra suit.

in the second there were like 10 of them and that was stupid

This movie there are dozens of them flying all over the place, it's just the "more is better" approach and I got tired of it real quick. movie sucked.  I sincerely hope there isn't an Iron Man 4.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 09:27:09 AM »
I think django was worse.  Thought I'd love it.  It just tried to balance between action and wit and social thought provoking. 

Failed on all counts.  Coudln't finish it.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 09:27:36 AM »

Ah, youre fanboy butthurt. Completely acceptable then.  I freak ouy when hollywood butchers their movie conversions as well.... needless to say im a bit peeved at Bay for the Transformers.

I never was super into the iron man comics so I really cant tell when they butcher shit... although I have done quite a bit of googling after certain flicks to see how bad they fuck things up. Certain marvel flicks have bewn better than others

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 09:29:32 AM »
This.

Movie was all over the place, forced and played out.

in the first movie there was one iron man and an extra suit.

in the second there were like 10 of them and that was stupid

This movie there are dozens of them flying all over the place, it's just the "more is better" approach and I got tired of it real quick. movie sucked.  I sincerely hope there isn't an Iron Man 4.
well, he blew them all up, so if there id a 4, there sure wont be 75 suits flying around with Jarvis piloting them all.

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 09:39:07 AM »
I think django was worse.  Thought I'd love it.  It just tried to balance between action and wit and social thought provoking. 

Failed on all counts.  Coudln't finish it.

this is a Quentin Tarantino film.

SCENE 1

a bunch of unsavory and eclectic characters in a room talking

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

everybody starts shooting each other and they all wind up dead

SCENE 2

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

SCENE 3

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

dialogue

etc...etc....

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 10:19:56 AM »
Ah, youre fanboy butthurt. Completely acceptable then.  I freak ouy when hollywood butchers their movie conversions as well.... needless to say im a bit peeved at Bay for the Transformers.

I never was super into the iron man comics so I really cant tell when they butcher shit... although I have done quite a bit of googling after certain flicks to see how bad they fuck things up. Certain marvel flicks have bewn better than others

I am a bit of fanboy I admit, though not a massive one. I waited for the BluRay rips to show up, I didn't watch this turd in the cinemas.

The movie simply sucks, it tries to do too many things at once and falls flat on its face. I mean just the child sidekick... "Harley". LOL. I thought, as in "Davidson"? Does that make Tony Stark "Marlboro Man"?

At least that movie was so bad it was good!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 11:09:59 AM »
Worst movie I have seen since Ishtar.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 11:19:52 AM »
Haven't seen this third installment, and I generally don't care to, for some reason. I did like the first. The second was OK, but that scene where Tony's carrying around the suit in a suitcase is pure DUMB. The suit is supposed to make him weigh a lot, so how can he easily cart it around as a freakin' suitcase?!

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2013, 11:30:47 AM »
Reason they didn't have the real Mandarin in it as a Supervillain was because of China

Disney partnered with a Chinese production company to get around strict censorship laws
China co-production also ensures a bigger slice of the profits - 40 percent instead of 25 percent

They even made a different version with chinese actors at the end to please China!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2324077/Iron-Man-3-execs-changed-film-Chinese-audience-adding-4-minutes-Chinese-actors.html

All about the monies

Wouldn't have worked if they used the Real Mandarin unfortunately

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2013, 12:56:39 PM »
I think django was worse.  Thought I'd love it.  It just tried to balance between action and wit and social thought provoking.  

Failed on all counts.  Coudln't finish it.

I always felt it would be more fun at a Django showing at the movies to watch a film about a theatre full of black people and maybe 5-10 white people who are all watching Django unchained together. With the word "kneegrrr" being uttered every 10 seconds watching the theatre reaction would be full of LOLs with the whites squirming because they want to laugh but are terrified of the blacks staring at them every time someone says "kneegrrr" in the flick.

That I would pay $10 bucks to see

"