Author Topic: Wich supplement is best for me???  (Read 1944 times)

sketer

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Wich supplement is best for me???
« on: December 23, 2005, 08:17:57 PM »
I am 15 years old and I hear u need to be 18 to use such products as creatine and stuff like tha...Is  it ok to use products like whey and creatine and stuff like that...Or is there any really serious outcomes of this to why i should not use them...If not and u guys think its fine to use them then wich is best for me...

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Wich supplement is best for me???
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 10:29:02 PM »
all you need is a protein powder... I didnt take creatine bc my sister told me that its going to hurt my kidneys (shes a DR) but i had friends that did and they were 15-16 y/o

Tailz

• Getbig II
  • Are you bullet proof? THEN STFU!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 12:37:03 AM »
stick with regular protien... cuz your still young and your body is still growing you dont really need to take creatine...  and yes suppoesdly it does hurt your kidneys but there isnt a whole lot of tests on it or atleast i have heard or read...  just keep hydrated with plenty of water and keep lifting with plenty o rest and youll get what you want without creatine  :)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 04:42:22 PM »
I am 15 years old and I hear u need to be 18 to use such products as creatine and stuff like tha...Is  it ok to use products like whey and creatine and stuff like that...Or is there any really serious outcomes of this to why i should not use them...If not and u guys think its fine to use them then wich is best for me...

stick to regular food and think long term, there's no shortcuts that the supplement industry makes it out to be (all this gain so and so much in so many months etc bullshit)

there's nothing 'magical' with whey, it originates from milk and is a leftover from making cheese.
Z

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2005, 06:06:14 PM »
all you need is a protein powder... I didnt take creatine bc my sister told me that its going to hurt my kidneys (shes a DR) but i had friends that did and they were 15-16 y/o

Any evidence to support that?
Unless you have a pre-existing medical condition, creatine use should not damage your kidneys or liver. In one study which tracked healthy athletes over a five-year period, football players who used creatine at levels up to 15.75g of creatine per day showed no effect on markers of renal or kidney stress. In another study (conducted by Dr. Kerry Kuehl at the Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland) and presented at the 2000 annual meeting of the American College of Sports Medicine, the kidney function of 36 healthy male and female athletes who consumed 10g of creatine per day was examined. After twelve weeks, they found that creatine did not adversely affect kidney function.  Although there is no evidence that creatine is harmful to kids under 18, it's not likely there will ever be a study to support that.
:

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 10:50:32 AM »
Don't get too caught up in all the info out there concerning this new hobby of yours :D.Being only 15 my advice to you is just train,sleep & eat.Being so young your testosterone has just come into play & your bodys still growing.If I were you i'd just concentrate on eating,lifting & sleeping for a full year.After a year then go get into the supplement side of the hobby.Use the year to study all you can find out about supplements & how to use them & how they'll effect your body.After a yr. you should know what exercises are also working the best for you so after adding the supplements you may make some serious gains your friends will envy.If you "really" have to use a supplement now just get a protein powder.