Author Topic: Mike Matarazzo - how is he now  (Read 28452 times)

falco

• Getbig V
Mike Matarazzo - how is he now
« on: August 28, 2013, 04:19:38 AM »
I heard he had big financial problems paying his hospital bills.
How is his situation today? Does he has a donation web page?

gee38

• Getbig IV
Re: Mike Matarazzo - whow is he now
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 04:24:08 AM »
I think he is just waking up and about to have his breakfast.

more news as I get it

as for donating to a stranger erm really?

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 04:27:54 AM »
Last I read he was a bail bondsman but had to quit because his heart works at 20% capacity. That was a good few years ago, so no telling where he might be now. Hopefully still with his woman and living as comfortably as he can considering his circumstances.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 07:14:21 AM »
He is going around proclaiming steroids as the cause of all his problems. Of course the steroid abuse contributed to his heart issues, but the 5lbs of red meat he was consuming daily had the more immediate impact.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 07:26:38 AM »
I think he is just waking up and about to have his breakfast.

more news as I get it

as for donating to a stranger erm really?

He almost died for us bitches.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Re: Mike Matarazzo - how is he now
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 07:32:38 AM »
He probably have other interests today that he enjoys much more than he ever did bodybuilding.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 07:35:05 AM »
hes healthy as a fish ,still relatively huge but natural now and speaks for large audiences about the health benefits of drinking red wine.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 09:08:38 AM »
Someone saw him pretty recently and said his calves are basically close to the same size as when he was competing. The weird thing is Jay Cutler's calves 6 weeks ago looked tiny. Almost like the size of Coleman's...Just unreal the amount of oil Jay Cutler is using to blow up his muscle...

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 10:16:02 AM »
hes healthy as a fish ,still relatively huge but natural now and speaks for large audiences about the health benefits of drinking red wine.

;D

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 11:44:29 AM »
Someone saw he pretty recently and said his calves are basically close to the same size as when he was competing. The weird thing is Jay Cutler's calves 6 weeks ago looked tiny. Almost like the size of Coleman's...Just unreal the amount of oil Jay Cutler is using to blow up his muscle...
I've seen Cutler doing calves at my gym...can't say any oil was prevelant.  Biceps...another story....today.
N

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 12:48:56 PM »
Haven't seen a recent pic of him.   Dude had the sickest calves and arms.

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 12:50:39 PM »
The calf that is squared to the camera looks as wide as the quad!

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 01:44:22 PM »
He is going around proclaiming steroids as the cause of all his problems. Of course the steroid abuse contributed to his heart issues, but the 5lbs of red meat he was consuming daily had the more immediate impact.

1-- It is predominantly about genes and probably secondarily the effects of PEDs on causing dyslipidemia in those genetically predisposed.
2-- MM could of had a message: the importance of following blood work when on PEDs; the effects of PEDs on HDL-LDL bias.
3-- If his EF is 20%, he has a defibrillator and is on schedule for heart transplant.
4-- If he has no insurance, then he has the real possibility of being seen by some really shit, dangerous
physicians.
5-- As I recall he is s/p CABG x6 and has an ischemic cardiomyopathy. Interesting masteron has a positive
inotrophic effect on cardiac muscle. Maybe he should go back on some "select" juice.
6-- Met him once at the height of his career in bodybuilding-- pretty arrogant, and blew you off.

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 02:08:53 PM »
1-- It is predominantly about genes and probably secondarily the effects of PEDs on causing dyslipidemia in those genetically predisposed.
2-- MM could of had a message: the importance of following blood work when on PEDs; the effects of PEDs on HDL-LDL bias.
3-- If his EF is 20%, he has a defibrillator and is on schedule for heart transplant.
4-- If he has no insurance, then he has the real possibility of being seen by some really shit, dangerous
physicians.
5-- As I recall he is s/p CABG x6 and has an ischemic cardiomyopathy. Interesting masteron has a positive
inotropic effect on cardiac muscle. Maybe he should go back on some "select" juice.
6-- Met him once at the height of his career in bodybuilding-- pretty arrogant, and blew you off.

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

interesting stuff, I could give a flying fu-k about some burned out juicehead but for the rest of us, this is good to know

isn't dyslipidemia made much worse by high levels of insulin?

does HDL really matter THAT much when it's something like a 4% difference in mortality rate between 'terrible' and 'amazing' HDL? My LDL is high but it's 'fluffy', my HDL isn't amazing but it's passable.

if you have mild LVH is is a good idea to -avoid- anything that has a strong inotropic effect? ie masteron lol. I had a heart scan last year and my cardiologist (a Beverly hills 'TV Dr', but actually a great guy) pronounced it 'awesome' but I do have a little LVH from years of 'TRT' and lifting.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 02:11:13 PM »
I remember him for putting water-based tuna plus diet coke in a blender and drinking it....

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 02:33:59 PM »
interesting stuff, I could give a flying fu-k about some burned out juicehead but for the rest of us, this is good to know

isn't dyslipidemia made much worse by high levels of insulin?

does HDL really matter THAT much when it's something like a 4% difference in mortality rate between 'terrible' and 'amazing' HDL? My LDL is high but it's 'fluffy', my HDL isn't amazing but it's passable.

if you have mild LVH is is a good idea to -avoid- anything that has a strong inotropic effect? ie masteron lol. I had a heart scan last year and my cardiologist (a Beverly hills 'TV Dr', but actually a great guy) pronounced it 'awesome' but I do have a little LVH from years of 'TRT' and lifting.

Bro-- the LVH is nothing to worry about if it is mild. Provided you EF is ~ 60% your ok!! The EF is only a measure of left ventricular function and realistically says nothing about the right side of your heart. The 'TRT' probably did not have much to do with the LVH unless you were using 1-2 grams a week!!
Look at BP as potential factor.
Diabetes causes defective lipid profiles. Insulin may help to normalize them. You are right the more important is maintaining a low LDL- the bad stuff, although there is good correlation with heart healthy HDL.
Anyway you are apparently a 'healthy specimen'. Congrads!!

Love masteton-- not for its inotrophic effect, but it makes me horny as fuck.

Still think MM could have given a positive message.

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 04:19:03 AM »
Last I read he was a bail bondsman but had to quit because his heart works at 20% capacity. That was a good few years ago, so no telling where he might be now. Hopefully still with his woman and living as comfortably as he can considering his circumstances.

I believe he had a triple bypass in 2004 and a heart attack in 2007. At an interview he was beggin for donations from the fans because he could no longer make a living and pay all the medical bills.
Since 2007 i believe there is not much information.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 05:19:34 AM »

Agreed.

Chris Cormier once said this regarding Mike:  "He ain't shit between his knees and his arm pits".

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 06:08:41 AM »

Best calves ever! Arms right up there too!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 06:26:59 AM »
I remember him for putting water-based tuna plus diet coke in a blender and drinking it....

Grrrrrr!!!!.....I'm sure he tucked his nose while Gulping down this Protein filled meal..... :)...he claimed to have eaten 2 to 3 jars of Jiff peanut butter in a two day period.....that's fucking insane

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 06:30:57 AM »
I believe he had a triple bypass in 2004 and a heart attack in 2007. At an interview he was beggin for donations from the fans because he could no longer make a living and pay all the medical bills.
Since 2007 i believe there is not much information.

Mike had one of the best and widest front double bicep pose I can think of.....it's sad that so many these guys' career ended up this way. someone asked him if he would let his son do bodybuilding and he replied : God, NO, no fucking way

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 08:51:08 AM »
Mikes only Weakness was his lats did not flair, his lats attached kinda high, and his torso was long!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 09:11:10 AM »
he probably still has bigger biceps & calves than 99% of getbiggers

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 09:14:41 AM »

Mike had one of the best and widest front double bicep pose I can think of.....it's sad that so many these guys' career ended up this way. someone asked him if he would let his son do bodybuilding and he replied : God, NO, no fucking way

Didn't stop Sergio and Labradas sons :D

Z Father

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 09:15:31 AM »
Someone saw him pretty recently and said his calves are basically close to the same size as when he was competing. The weird thing is Jay Cutler's calves 6 weeks ago looked tiny. Almost like the size of Coleman's...Just unreal the amount of oil Jay Cutler is using to blow up his muscle...

"someone said"

"a source said"

"rumor has it"

you sure know a lot of people that have firsthand knowledge of just about everything  ::)