Author Topic: 50 Years after MLK "I have a dream speech" - is there hope?  (Read 5831 times)

Weightpit

• Getbig III
  • Remember Sharon Tate...Carpe Diem
50 Years after MLK "I have a dream speech" - is there hope?
« on: August 28, 2013, 06:08:58 AM »
Listening to the news here while at work and clips of the famous MLK speech. I was born 2 days before he was assassinated and just in my lifetime I've seen so many positive changes for African-Americans..

But if you listen to the news and guys like Al Sharpton say.."There is SO much left to do"....my question to the African-AMericans here...?

What MORE can be done?? I feel that as a white guy...er...Caucasian guy....no matter what whites people do for black people, they will ALWAYS be suspicious of me, my motives,etc...even MLK's daughter said in an interview that for years, she blamed "WHITES" for what happened to her father...not just one radical, hateful dude....but all "whites"...  That's it in a nutshell.

And ANYTHING negative said against Barrack Obama, you are IMMEDIATELY branded a racist....

My sister told me a story that she held a door open for an elderly black lady going into a store and instead of saying "Thank you"..she said.."Now you're learning"....WTF.....this is the shit that will never end.

In the end...I feel white people have really tried but black people will always use slavery and the segregation policies of those horrible years to judge all white people. Just my .02....am I way off?

Not trying to instill anything here but seeing that this is a significant day in history and that I really do admire MLK, I wanted to spout my thoughts....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: 50 Years after MLK "I have a dream speech" - is there hope?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 06:24:54 AM »
we have a black president.  So I think there is no higher pinnacle of overcoming the bullshit of centuries past.

now, if CNN and MSNBC and RUSH will stop making every show about "huge race riots in america are coming!", the issue woudl probably go away completely.  Most people just care about getting laid, building muscle, seeing some good tv and making more money.  Standing around crying that so-and-so has different pigment was fine 100 years ago when they had nothing to do but sit around the campfire farting all night.  Today's people are just too busy, ain't nobody got time for that.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 06:28:38 AM »
It seemed that a lot of young black folks back really made the effort to get an education and better themselves, something changed since then.  I grew up and went to school with black folks, they were nice people. I have no respect for thugs.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 06:33:38 AM »
Listening to the news here while at work and clips of the famous MLK speech. I was born 2 days before he was assassinated and just in my lifetime I've seen so many positive changes for African-Americans..

But if you listen to the news and guys like Al Sharpton say.."There is SO much left to do"....my question to the African-AMericans here...?

What MORE can be done?? I feel that as a white guy...er...Caucasian guy....no matter what whites people do for black people, they will ALWAYS be suspicious of me, my motives,etc...even MLK's daughter said in an interview that for years, she blamed "WHITES" for what happened to her father...not just one radical, hateful dude....but all "whites"...  That's it in a nutshell.

And ANYTHING negative said against Barrack Obama, you are IMMEDIATELY branded a racist....

My sister told me a story that she held a door open for an elderly black lady going into a store and instead of saying "Thank you"..she said.."Now you're learning"....WTF.....this is the shit that will never end.

In the end...I feel white people have really tried but black people will always use slavery and the segregation policies of those horrible years to judge all white people. Just my .02....am I way off?

Not trying to instill anything here but seeing that this is a significant day in history and that I really do admire MLK, I wanted to spout my thoughts....

You don't get it do you? Al Sharpton caters to the old mentality of chasing down racism in every nook and cranny. Meanwhile, black men are dying at an accelerated rate, and being incarcerated like no tomorrow. Therefore not raising their kids, and not contributing to their communities.

The Baby Boomer Generation once again, focusing on their views, and not evolving.

Instead of thinking about what next, there should be a view of "what is there next to fix", but that mentality is for people who actually think for themselves.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 06:38:08 AM »
I am not going to listen to any Al Sharpton stuff same to me as Don King.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 06:39:03 AM »
so many problems within the black community, even if MLK was still alive, he'd be sad to see this part of his dream is far from achieving....

Weightpit

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 06:41:16 AM »
No I get it all too well......and Parker hit it right on the head. Sharpton keeping the hate and racism going and many..not all...blacks are still buying into the hatred all the while really ignoring what's going on in the black community, for the most part.

While it was a milestone that mixed racial man was elected...(I say mixed because he is NOT 100% African-American) - many blacks voted for him simply because he was not white.

No matter what laws get passed or what whites say and do...it will never be enough.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 06:56:47 AM »
No I get it all too well......and Parker hit it right on the head. Sharpton keeping the hate and racism going and many..not all...blacks are still buying into the hatred all the while really ignoring what's going on in the black community, for the most part.

While it was a milestone that mixed racial man was elected...(I say mixed because he is NOT 100% African-American) - many blacks voted for him simply because he was not white.

No matter what laws get passed or what whites say and do...it will never be enough.
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, it's that I don't like repeating myself.

I am also of the mindset that Al and Company either are blatantly misdirecting attention, or it's a old school vs new school type of mentality. Or that they only want to focus on just racism.
But, IT IS REALLY GETTING ON MY NERVES!

Weightpit

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 07:07:24 AM »
Oh I know, Parker....no disrespect taken at all..I was really agreeing with you....sometimes it's tough to get the right point across on message boards....

Thanks for the clarification though but we're good...  :)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 07:07:40 AM »
black people are humans just like everyone else, who can educate themselves and strive in society thru work, i dont see what is the problem. Same could be said of anyone of any skin color on earth, if you contribute your skin color wont be a problem.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 07:07:53 AM »
we have a black president.  So I think there is no higher pinnacle of overcoming the bullshit of centuries past.

now, if CNN and MSNBC and RUSH will stop making every show about "huge race riots in america are coming!", the issue woudl probably go away completely.  Most people just care about getting laid, buildingmuscle, seeing some good tv and making more money.  Standing around crying that so-and-so has different pigment was fine 100 years ago when they had nothing to do but sit around the campfire farting all night.  Today's people are just too busy, ain't nobody got time for that.

You can't lump Rush into that in anyway shape or for. That wedge was driven between what MLK sai0 when started squatting in the white house in 2009. Are you kidding with that statement?

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 07:15:30 AM »
It's been my experience that the same Hebrews who offend me offend other Hebrews. The truth is the real issue is between people of all color who contribute positively to society and others who do not

Bgpapi23

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 07:22:46 AM »
You can't lump Rush into that in anyway shape or for. That wedge was driven between what MLK sai0 when started squatting in the white house in 2009. Are you kidding with that statement?

Rush Limbaugh Quotes:

“Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

. “I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

“You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.”

Let the unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do — let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work

“A Chavez is a Chavez. We’ve Always Had Problems with Them”

::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 07:23:08 AM »
 ;)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 07:23:45 AM »
we have a black president.  So I think there is no higher pinnacle of overcoming the bullshit of centuries past.

now, if CNN and MSNBC and RUSH will stop making every show about "huge race riots in america are coming!", the issue woudl probably go away completely.  Most people just care about getting laid, building muscle, seeing some good tv and making more money.  Standing around crying that so-and-so has different pigment was fine 100 years ago when they had nothing to do but sit around the campfire farting all night.  Today's people are just too busy, ain't nobody got time for that.
in stable economic times yeah people care more about insuring their survival and pretending to tolerate people of a different skin color. Still, ethnic mixing is MINOR, a detail. Most people stick to their communities based on skin color first and foremost. Now when shtf, you ll see racial differences surge back again.

Let s not forget multiculturalism has been promoted by the 1%/ elites in order to import millions of third worlders in the first world in order to lower salaries. We re still all at war against each others. If it's not about skin color, it's going to be about getting the job position, about wealth, etc.

People get along fine as long as they see the world the same way, as long as they have shared interests, whatever their skin colors.

Bgpapi23

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 07:26:35 AM »
In before Clown_2 Getbig's own Grand Wizard ;)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 07:37:56 AM »
Rush Limbaugh Quotes:

“Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

. “I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

“You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.”

Let the unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do — let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work

Big fucking deal, Obama and his minions, including Sharpton, Jackson, Farrakhan and the whole lot of them. I could start at the very least on the Martin case to Holder protecting the black Panthers to Jackson and Sharpton only protecting blacks and not saying anything about whites who have been in the same situation. Black liberal radio hosts who call white people names as well as the hosts in the left media like CNN and especially MSNBC. But no, you idiots concentrate on ONE radio host that what he said was accurate.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 07:41:42 AM »
Rush Limbaugh Quotes:

Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

BTW, I'm going to call you out like I call out 240, strawman and everyone else who quotes Rush without going directly to the source himself. What is your source of those quotes??

Weightpit

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 07:45:56 AM »
BTW, I'm going to call you out like I call out 240, strawman and everyone else who quotes Rush without going directly to the source himself. What is your source of those quotes??

No way Rush ever said that about James Earl Ray...NO WAY...he would have been run off the radio.

Bgpapi23

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 07:49:05 AM »

I'm not gonna engage with you Captain:
#1.I gotta leave for work
#2 . You got a habit of getting poster's banned and sent to timeout by reporting them to the Mods.. I'll pass :-X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 09:23:45 AM »

I actually heard a old female negro on the today show say "the war is not over". WTF.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 09:28:19 AM »

I actually heard a old female negro on the today show say "the war is not over". WTF.

100% correct.

The more you do the more they want. 

Think about it.  If you had someone giving you money, feeling they owe you, at what point do you say you've had enough?  Honestly...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 09:29:39 AM »

I'm not gonna engage with you Captain:
#1.I gotta leave for work
#2 . You got a habit of getting poster's banned and sent to timeout by reporting them to the Mods.. I'll pass :-X

Bgpapi, I've only done that with one or two over the last 13 or so years and it was because for years he would stalk me as multiple gimmicks and/or attack my wife and son. C'mon, give me a little credit.

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 09:30:44 AM »
Rush is the only person out there willing to put his ass on the line and tell the truth. 

That's why he's #1 in radio.

just sayin.........

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 10:19:06 AM »
whats sickening is americans turnout in droves to hear people like al sharpton, jesse jackson, and eric holder preach and blow smoke up their asses, when they are now employed by the same people who killed martin king jr. and people dont even question or consider these are the same people leading them to outright slavery and poverty, but will praise and listen to these people!