Author Topic: Tom Platz - 1984 Mr. Olympia DVD PICS!!!  (Read 7895 times)

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
Tom Platz - 1984 Mr. Olympia DVD PICS!!!
« on: August 29, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »
Tom Platz - 1984 Mr. Olympia DVD PICS!!!

Here are some DVD pics of Tom Platz from the 1984 Mr. Olympia where he placed ninth.

Best Legs Of All-Time? You tell me.

More Pics -----> Tom Platz - 1984 Mr. Olympia DVD PICS (Drag pics to new tab and it will open to original size)

Facebook page for Legends Of Bodybuilding that is updated daily. Please join/like the page and share it with your friends. FACEBOOK PAGE -----> Legends Of Bodybuilding

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
Re: Tom Platz - 1984 Mr. Olympia DVD PICS!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 02:35:09 PM »
best legs ever? NO.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 02:38:18 PM »
That was his best appearance outside of the 81 O. His bicep finally healed up a bit.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 02:38:44 PM »
Big quads yes, best legs no

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 02:39:43 PM »
Big quads yes, best legs no

Who do you think are better?

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 02:49:12 PM »
Who do you think are better?

ND, doesn't seem like the one bodypart that has improved the most in bodybuilding in the past 30 years is legs? It seems that everybody now has legs comparable to Platz. Obviously we are talking 30 years later.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 02:51:30 PM »
ND, doesn't seem like the one bodypart that has improved the most in bodybuilding in the past 30 years is legs? It seems that everybody now has legs comparable to Platz. Obviously we are talking 30 years later.

Well quads & hams at least calves are going in the opposite direction

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 03:00:14 PM »
Who doesn't remember where they were the first time they saw these pics?    I was thumbing through some book on High Intensity Bodybuilding in the bookstore in the early 90's when I saw these pics and was in utter disbelief that such development was humanly possible.  If I recall correctly, it was a  Ellington Darden book with a picture of Scott Wilson on the cover grimacing.   

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 03:57:07 PM »
 :)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 04:33:56 PM »
Who doesn't remember where they were the first time they saw these pics?    I was thumbing through some book on High Intensity Bodybuilding in the bookstore in the early 90's when I saw these pics and was in utter disbelief that such development was humanly possible.  If I recall correctly, it was a  Ellington Darden book with a picture of Scott Wilson on the cover grimacing.   

Yep nobod will every match this. Much more impressive than his stage shots.

Wonder What would Platz look like on Slin/GH??? 40" legs?

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 06:54:00 PM »

yes. I used to have that book. had some great shots of Sergio in it if I recall
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 06:54:46 PM »
Flower Boy Ran Away

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 08:18:25 PM »
/thread

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 11:12:18 PM »
Tom platz = best legs ever!

Also the reason I started lifting weights. Thanks for fucking up my life asshole >:(

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 04:22:10 AM »
Great caps Iceman....best Legs...i think Toms legs were @ Least 20 YEARS ahead of their time in terms of outright raw mass and shock value his legs imo are still awesome however as ND was correctly said the calves are taking a step backwards

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 05:31:41 AM »
Need to get his Wig

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 08:52:38 AM »
yes platz was way ahead of his time in leg development,probably still best legs ever and he developed them before slin and hgh and a lot of other modern peds!

ukjeff

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 09:28:56 AM »

Ferrigno
"I'll get me coat"

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2013, 09:33:39 AM »

Ferrigno
"I'll get me coat"
lou was still huge even downsized for tv/movies he was doing then.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2013, 09:57:07 AM »
Tom's legs still the most impressive. Ronnie's legs look mediocre there because of his huge upper body.

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 10:08:04 AM »
With this being a bodybuilding site, and most of the get biggers are very astute in their knowledge of the game. It really surprises me that all these years and with all the talk and threads about Platz, that not one person has recognized the reason for his legs being somewhat special. Remember, he was only about 200 pounds or so at 5'8, and it's not like he had ( No ) upper body mass. The point I'm getting at is that what made Tom's legs look so massive was this : And to this day, I have not seen a bodybuilder with what Tom had. If you really look at his legs, what separated him from everyone else from today and the past was his ( Adductor ) or inner thigh mass !!!!!! When standing still, one leg had to be in front of the other ! Now, Branch, Ronnie, Jay, Mustafa, Ramy, Kai, Etc..... On and on... all have bigger and more sliced ( from the front ) legs than did Platz. Yet NO ONE ! had that inner thigh mass Platz did. It's weird. Was it genetics ? Because if you take your hand and put it right over the inside of his leg ( No homo ), you will see that his legs are not that impressive at all ! Now add that inner thigh mass to all the above bodybuilders I have mentioned. You would see the difference, and all the others would easily surpass Platz. Take Ronnie and Jay for example : Put all that inner thigh mass that Platz had and put that on them. ( maybe someone can Photoshop it ) You would see that is what made Platz legs look so big. I never thought he had great separation from the front. A lot of top guys have better. Not to mention 50 to 70 pounds on him these days. Most of all, I'm one of the biggest Tom Platz fans out there. So it's saying a lot to criticize him. Besides, to me, Paul Demayo had the best legs ever ! And was a lot bigger that Platz. Better shape, size, and cuts.... I also remember him saying that he would only do leg extensions for periods of time so his legs would not get any bigger. Because at the time, the knock on Demayo was his upper body not matching his legs. He brought that up though. Now on the other hand, you had Platz, who went nuts on legs all the time and all out. So you can see what I'm getting at. Tom still insane great legs for his weight.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 10:23:44 AM »
With this being a bodybuilding site, and most of the get biggers are very astute in their knowledge of the game. It really surprises me that all these years and with all the talk and threads about Platz, that not one person has recognized the reason for his legs being somewhat special. Remember, he was only about 200 pounds or so at 5'8, and it's not like he had ( No ) upper body mass. The point I'm getting at is that what made Tom's legs look so massive was this : And to this day, I have not seen a bodybuilder with what Tom had. If you really look at his legs, what separated him from everyone else from today and the past was his ( Adductor ) or inner thigh mass !!!!!! When standing still, one leg had to be in front of the other ! Now, Branch, Ronnie, Jay, Mustafa, Ramy, Kai, Etc..... On and on... all have bigger and more sliced ( from the front ) legs than did Platz. Yet NO ONE ! had that inner thigh mass Platz did. It's weird. Was it genetics ? Because if you take your hand and put it right over the inside of his leg ( No homo ), you will see that his legs are not that impressive at all ! Now add that inner thigh mass to all the above bodybuilders I have mentioned. You would see the difference, and all the others would easily surpass Platz. Take Ronnie and Jay for example : Put all that inner thigh mass that Platz had and put that on them. ( maybe someone can Photoshop it ) You would see that is what made Platz legs look so big. I never thought he had great separation from the front. A lot of top guys have better. Not to mention 50 to 70 pounds on him these days. Most of all, I'm one of the biggest Tom Platz fans out there. So it's saying a lot to criticize him. Besides, to me, Paul Demayo had the best legs ever ! And was a lot bigger that Platz. Better shape, size, and cuts.... I also remember him saying that he would only do leg extensions for periods of time so his legs would not get any bigger. Because at the time, the knock on Demayo was his upper body not matching his legs. He brought that up though. Now on the other hand, you had Platz, who went nuts on legs all the time and all out. So you can see what I'm getting at. Tom still insane great legs for his weight.
yeah,and demayo might be if not the best allaround.

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 10:28:32 AM »
True.. Bump.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 10:34:04 AM »
if we put the time difference in mind i think platz has the best quads ever..

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 10:41:40 AM »
best legs ever? NO.

At the time his legs were the best ever.

Now compared to the giants of today, not so much.