Author Topic: why so many iconic superstars and songwriters subcumb to alcholism and adiction?  (Read 9464 times)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent

while seemingly having it all, enormous success and recognition, extreme talent, handsome and 6'5 tall, Tommy drank himself to death. sad story

seems as if most successful people lack the ability to just sit back and just enjoy the fruits of their labor and where they are in life.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Emptiness from inside, weak minded, greed, or abusive past.
#

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
Emptiness from inside, weak minded, greed, or abusive past.

Arnold comes to mind who did all the right thing and still does, despite having a hard upbringing,

but a legend always lives on though

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
The mind is a very powerful tool. A lot of people underestimate it.
#

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
2 hours of quality buzz followed by 6-8 hours wishing you hadnt drank
A

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Art comes from pain

Addiction comes from pain

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Singer Keith Whitley literally died from drinking too much in one sitting. When you hear "so and so died from alcohol" you generally think of a decades long battle but the concept of drinking oneself to death in an evening to me is something I have a hard time grasping.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Singer Keith Whitley literally died from drinking too much in one sitting. When you hear "so and so died from alcohol" you generally think of a decades long battle but the concept of drinking oneself to death in an evening to me is something I have a hard time grasping.

Amy winehouse's, jani layne, Jeff Buckley. bAC gets into the .3s and .4s and it's night night time

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
i remember getting a killer buzz drinking a king kobra 40 oz while one my riding lawnmower, i couldve kept drinking more glad i didnt i probably wouldve died. i was buzzed for a good 2 hours felt awesome then for the next 8 hours life was empty and horrible
A

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
i remember getting a killer buzz drinking a king kobra 40 oz while one my riding lawnmower, i couldve kept drinking more glad i didnt i probably wouldve died. i was buzzed for a good 2 hours felt awesome then for the next 8 hours life was empty and horrible

You'd have to pound a dozen or so 40s to even be close to a lethal number.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!

i'm guessing her attorney looks tired of the shit, but charlie sheen pays the legal bills on time.   ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
while seemingly having it all, enormous success and recognition, extreme talent, handsome and 6'5 tall, Tommy drank himself to death. sad story

seems as if most successful people lack the ability to just sit back and just enjoy the fruits of their labor and where they are in life.

Girls and sons

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
These "icons" never discovered their purpose in life. Therefore, they were unable to accomplish their purpose in life. (hence they are unsuccessful)

So while the world see's them as: rich, successful, and happy. These "icons" see themselves differently. They see themselves as failures.

That sad fact leads to inner turmoil and then destructive behavior. Drugs & Alcohol are used to dull the pain that they feel. There is a desire within themselves to find something that can distract them from their pain & sadness. Drugs fulfill that need.

LanceD

• Getbig III
because they are depressed, most of them are alone in the world.  managers and so called friends are there for the money, when its gone so are they.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Watched Bryant Gumbel's Real Sports the other day and they had Razor Ramone, Jake the Snake Roberts and Diamond Dallas Page about how Scott Hall (Ramon) and Jake Roberts were dying with alcoholism and drug addiction and how Page saved them and took him into his home. Page started using his Yoga program to get clean, lose weight and basically save their lives. It was a cool story.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

probably because they are just like everybody else, but they have more access to it. And do it to an excess...plus other reasons mentioned...emptiness, depression, finding out that just having money and fame just as much trouble, if not more so, than having little money and no fame.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Very interesting article here if you really care about addiction and the "reasoning" behind it ~

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,986282,00.html

My opinion say's that rockstars and celebrities get so  much attention and are treated "Larger than life" or "More human than human" that they actually start believing they are invincible. Add to that the info in the added link and you have the perfect recipe for disaster and destruction of life.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
If wasn't like they were going to write Beethovens 7th...

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It's because they are trying to numb themselves from the voices and demons who own them after you sell your soul for fame and fortune you can't sleep or deal with it, and this is how they try to cope with it all.

ukjeff

Because they like being centre of attention and they will do anything to achieve it, even kill themselves.

ukjeff

but how comes you havent offed yourself then ;D
There are not enough people watching.   ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
It's because they are trying to numb themselves from the voices and demons who own them after you sell your soul for fame and fortune you can't sleep or deal with it, and this is how they try to cope with it all.

Alice Walton is the second richest woman in the USA and she is a well known alcoholic.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Uk Jeff you can't even comment your the biggest product of illuminati programming! Europeans are some of the most corrupted brainwashed humans giving homage to their new world order created mentalities!

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Alice Walton is also a member of the new world order and illuminati I grew up in northwest Arkansas te home of walmart and Tyson, they are occultist and in zero mountain they use occult devil worshipers satanic members to hold rituals in that areas to keep power there, the ozark mountains are a safe haven for illuminati memebership, when I was 13 I was in a face to face confrontation with satanic worshipers on zero mountain during a satanic ritual, I was born in Rogers Arkansas, I know what the fuck I'm taking about. Alice Walton is an elitist, just like don Tyson was, and where is  Tyson foods home office springdale Arkansas I graduated in 1993 from Springdale high school! This shit ain't no joke!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Because they're eternally angsty.  Fuck 'em.