Author Topic: Why do atheists think they're smarter than most people?  (Read 52966 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Re: Why do atheists think they're smarter than most people?
« Reply #450 on: November 12, 2013, 09:15:31 AM »
the scientist cant tell what was before big bang,the creation moment, yet they say theres no god(creating force)

have read a book recently from an atheist professor, hes not agnostic,he says straight up atheist, his views on religion were hilarious to read.

but how can we know or not know for sure?

A relationship with Jesus Christ is what did it for me.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #451 on: November 12, 2013, 11:25:05 AM »

Typically, if I have a relationship with someone I could tell you a few things about them not found in a book.  Happen to know who Jesus' best friend was when he was a teenager? Do you know his favorite food? Perhaps you can tell me his favorite song? How about his favorite color? Maybe his favorite carpenters tool or a particular piece of furniture he liked to make? Can you tell me anything beyond what is contained in the bible about Jesus if you have a relationship?   

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #452 on: November 12, 2013, 11:35:10 AM »

I find one-sided relationships rather unfulfilling.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #453 on: November 12, 2013, 12:58:41 PM »

OTH, I hope youre trolling or youre dumb. We share over 98% of our DNA with chimps. Of course we share a common ancestry.

How can you argue DNA?  :-\ :-\
oh stop with your horse shit of being surprised that people DO NOT believe in evolution, that strategy is fucken old and played out.

The truth is is billions of people do not believe in evolution ( almost half the world), check out the stats and among them are Doctor, Professors, Engineers, every profession on the planet so stop your ignorant obsession that we must be doorknobs cause we do not believe what you believe.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: November 12, 2013, 01:14:39 PM »
Typically, if I have a relationship with someone I could tell you a few things about them not found in a book.  Happen to know who Jesus' best friend was when he was a teenager? Do you know his favorite food? Perhaps you can tell me his favorite song? How about his favorite color? Maybe his favorite carpenters tool or a particular piece of furniture he liked to make? Can you tell me anything beyond what is contained in the bible about Jesus if you have a relationship?  

Sure thing!  Have a few days?  I have loads of stories and experiences to share!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: November 12, 2013, 01:16:13 PM »
I find one-sided relationships rather unfulfilling.

Would you tell me about your relationship with Christ and why it became one-sided?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #456 on: November 12, 2013, 01:16:49 PM »
Typically, if I have a relationship with someone, I could tell you a few things about them NOT found in a book.  Happen to know who Jesus' best friend was when he was a teenager? Do you know his favorite food? Perhaps you can tell me his favorite song? How about his favorite color? Maybe his favorite carpenters tool, or a particular piece of furniture he liked to make? His middle name? His last name? Can you tell me anything beyond what is contained in the bible about Jesus if you have a relationship?  

^

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #457 on: November 12, 2013, 01:23:14 PM »
Would you tell me about your relationship with Christ and why it became one-sided?

He never said a word, it was all me. Total communication breakdown - might as well've been talking to a jug of milk. Had to cut it off.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #458 on: November 12, 2013, 01:31:08 PM »
oh stop with your horse shit of being surprised that people DO NOT believe in evolution, that strategy is fucken old and played out.

The truth is is billions of people do not believe in evolution ( almost half the world), check out the stats and among them are Doctor, Professors, Engineers, every profession on the planet so stop your ignorant obsession that we must be doorknobs cause we do not believe what you believe.

That's the argumentum ad populum , just because a large group of people believe in something doesn't mean it's true. Just popular. millions of Catholics believe in evolution doesn't mean it's true either but it's a double edge sword.

Evolution is as much as fact as you and I are here breathing. It's going on despite your disbelief.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #459 on: November 12, 2013, 01:38:19 PM »
The good thing about Science is that its true whether or not you believe in it.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #460 on: November 12, 2013, 01:45:39 PM »
That's the argumentum ad populum , just because a large group of people believe in something doesn't mean it's true. Just popular. millions of Catholics believe in evolution doesn't mean it's true either but it's a double edge sword.

Evolution is as much as fact as you and I are here breathing. It's going on despite your disbelief.
read my post again cause you clearly missed the point and went off with some gibberish, duh obviously cause a large group believes in something does not mean shit. Was that my point, ah no.... my point was calling 3 billion people stupid is stupid in itself and my point also was among the them are very intelligent people, had nothing to do with the gibberish you spewed.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #461 on: November 12, 2013, 01:46:42 PM »
obviously

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #462 on: November 12, 2013, 01:47:14 PM »

With science proving matter can not be created from energy, then big bang theory is a bust?  

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #463 on: November 12, 2013, 01:51:07 PM »
read my post again cause you clearly missed the point and went off with some gibberish, duh obviously cause a large group believes in something does not mean shit. Was that my point, ah no.... my point was calling 3 billion people stupid is stupid in itself and my point also was among the them are very intelligent people, had nothing to do with the gibberish you spewed.

Roughly 1.6 billion people are Muslim.  That's a lot of people.  Does such a large number of muslim believers have any bearing on whether what they believe is true?   Also, because someone doesn't believe something doesn't mean that their disbelief stems from a thorough understanding of the subject.  This applies to people who we might consider highly educated although not in a field relevant to evolution.
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #464 on: November 12, 2013, 02:12:09 PM »
Roughly 1.6 billion people are Muslim.  That's a lot of people.  Does such a large number of muslim believers have any bearing on whether what they believe is true?   Also, because someone doesn't believe something doesn't mean that their disbelief stems from a thorough understanding of the subject.  This applies to people who we might consider highly educated although not in a field relevant to evolution.
again, this is not the point. The point is nothing is set in concrete, what you believe in maybe right but say to you have absolutely 100% undeniable proof makes you ignorant.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #465 on: November 12, 2013, 02:16:33 PM »
again, this is not the point. The point is nothing is set in concrete, what you believe in maybe right but say to you have absolutely 100% undeniable proof makes you ignorant.

Science wouldn't claim anything is 100% undeniable proof. But as far as we can know things evolution is as much a fact as we can use the word.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #466 on: November 12, 2013, 02:20:20 PM »
TA laying alot of smack down.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: November 12, 2013, 02:33:21 PM »
What percentage of "undeniable truth" do you operate on when it comes to your lord and savior, Geezeus Christ?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #468 on: November 12, 2013, 02:52:22 PM »
What percentage of "undeniable truth" do you operate on when it comes to your lord and savior, Geezeus Christ?
Its called faith not knowledge.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: November 12, 2013, 03:30:09 PM »
Its called faith not knowledge.
ROFLMAO!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #470 on: November 12, 2013, 03:31:36 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: November 12, 2013, 03:32:34 PM »
rotflmao at you too ;)
What good is faith?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #472 on: November 12, 2013, 08:16:14 PM »
Sure thing!  Have a few days?  I have loads of stories and experiences to share!!

go ahead, i have all the time in the world

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: November 12, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »
hey just bc theres some unexplainable stories in bible, and bc every religion believes in their god, doesnt mean theres some creative force out there.

i dont subscribe to any religion btw,but they have some valueable things going.

we are a nothing in the universe.

we dont know much.

one guy said the scientists have a theory for what was before big bang, well yeah i heard them all before, very entertaining, multi verse, inflating then deflating ,paralel universes etc.

but the religious ones could just bring up their theory,claiming its some godly force behind it.

religions will have some explaining to do when exterriarls come to earth, if they do,lol.

im on the fence on this issue.

n

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #474 on: November 12, 2013, 11:28:54 PM »
hey just bc theres some unexplainable stories in bible, and bc every religion believes in their god, doesnt mean theres some creative force out there.

i dont subscribe to any religion btw,but they have some valueable things going.

we are a nothing in the universe.

we dont know much.

one guy said the scientists have a theory for what was before big bang, well yeah i heard them all before, very entertaining, multi verse, inflating then deflating ,paralel universes etc.

but the religious ones could just bring up their theory,claiming its some godly force behind it.

religions will have some explaining to do when exterriarls come to earth, if they do,lol.

im on the fence on this issue.

Problem in this matter is simple: you all have point of view were the religions are work of god, and therefore mysterious. Take a while and try to think that religions are work of mankind, and you start to see how and why they manipulate people for certain purposes. If we take the muslim religion and strip it to the bone, what we will see? Set of orders which are based to the fact that women has to be slave to the man, and men has right to fuck everything which has pulse, no matter about species, age etc. Everything else in their book is utterly bullshit. There is set of commands in every religion because they are invented for crowd control, to make people busy with  the religion, so they will be easier to rule. And what comes first in all western religions? Money. Religion is big business in any western countries. Thank god we have the evolution, which clearly has rise the IQ of the man near the level, where they abandon religion. Tens of thousands has abandon their religion in europe per year, so one day we will see how the religions die away.