Author Topic: very interesting study comparing users/non-users and trainers/non-trainers  (Read 6551 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
here it is...

The Study

This 10 week study took a group of 43 men of normal body weight between the ages of 19 and 40 who all had some degree of weight training experience. These men were then split up into 4 different groups:

Group 1 did NOT do any form of exercise, and did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing no weight training.)
    Group 2 did NOT do any form of exercise, but they received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing no weight training.)
    Group 3 DID exercise, but they did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing weight training.)
    Group 4 DID exercise, and they also received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing weight training.)

All of their diets (calorie intake, protein intake, nutrient intake, etc.) were standardized according to each person’s body weight, recorded, verified and adjusted when needed. The 2 groups who WERE weight training (groups 3 and 4) followed the same supervised workouts each week.

Meaning, with the exception of the fact that some groups were or were not weight training, and some were or were not using drugs… everything else (diet and training) was equal and even.
The Results

So… guess what happened?

Group 1 (no exercise, natural) experienced no significant changes. No surprise there.
    Group 2 (no exercise, drug use) was able to build about 7 pounds of muscle. That’s not a typo. The group receiving testosterone injections and NOT working out at all gained 7 pounds of muscle.
    Group 3 (exercise, natural) was able to build about 4 pounds of muscle.
    Group 4 (exercise, drug use) was able to build about 13 pounds of muscle.

shrek

• Getbig IV
Well whoop De fucking do !!!!!! You mean to tell me that if I use gear I can double my results? Holy shit why didn't I think about that before, and to think this whole time I was using steroids for a libido boast

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
well no fucking shit gear increases gains with TRAINERS

but this is what is the most fucking shocking...

Group 2 (no exercise, drug use) was able to build about 7 pounds of muscle. That’s not a typo. The group receiving testosterone injections and NOT working out at all gained 7 pounds of muscle.

ZERO TRAINING and still adding lean muscle tissue :o

theEsquire

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
Awesome. One more reason to continue laying on the couch watching "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Citation?

jon cole

• Getbig IV
here it is...

The Study

This 10 week study took a group of 43 men of normal body weight between the ages of 19 and 40 who all had some degree of weight training experience. These men were then split up into 4 different groups:

Group 1 did NOT do any form of exercise, and did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing no weight training.)
    Group 2 did NOT do any form of exercise, but they received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing no weight training.)
    Group 3 DID exercise, but they did NOT receive any form of steroids or drugs. (Natural guys doing weight training.)
    Group 4 DID exercise, and they also received weekly injections of 600 mg of testosterone enanthate. (Drug users doing weight training.)

All of their diets (calorie intake, protein intake, nutrient intake, etc.) were standardized according to each person’s body weight, recorded, verified and adjusted when needed. The 2 groups who WERE weight training (groups 3 and 4) followed the same supervised workouts each week.

Meaning, with the exception of the fact that some groups were or were not weight training, and some were or were not using drugs… everything else (diet and training) was equal and even.
The Results

So… guess what happened?

Group 1 (no exercise, natural) experienced no significant changes. No surprise there.
    Group 3 (exercise, natural) was able to build about 4 pounds of muscle.
    Group 4 (exercise, drug use) was able to build about 13 pounds of muscle.

old and truth studies.
read it on few french magazine ten years ago.
asstropin

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: very interesting study comparing users/non-users and trainers/non-trainers
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 12:22:31 AM »
Awesome. One more reason to continue laying on the couch watching "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade."

;D

so maybe i don't have to train legs after all 8)

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 08:56:55 AM »
Years ago i read a study that was similar.  The group on Test E gained more muscle in 12 weeks without even lifting a weight than the drug free group who trained 5 days a week under the guidance of a trainer.

8)

johnthegreat687

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »
yeah but this doesnt mean one will get jacked physique from doing nothing, there would be no futher gains than the initial ones for the non trainees on gear,or very little.

Define "jacked" first of all. Also, there is not one person here who is saying that you can build mounds of muscle by just using and not training. What the study shows is that the hormone used increased protein synthesis, cellular division, etc at a higher rate than what the body does. This is common knowledge if you know about hormones, but the study helped show what we all know.

As for the comment: "there would be no further gains than the initial ones for the non trainees on gear or very little".   -Do you have any studies on this or is this just the random bullshit you spew from your mouth?

johnthegreat687

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 07:58:53 PM »
by the way,

good article dj181.

Thnk you for posting it.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 09:47:10 PM »
da nada amigo 8)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 08:47:05 AM »
I wonder how much "muscle" the average women puts on when they're on their "cycle"... lol

johnthegreat687

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 09:33:46 AM »
jacked means something like my physique or more.

scientific evidence?haha, well, why dont you try it for yourself, inject yourself and dont train and see what happens.

my scientific evidence is from various ppl i know who do that, and besides the initial 5-10lbs water celular retention, nothing more happened.

so yeah anectodal,real life evidence, shit eater.

hope this helps

Yes, because these people you know only gain 5-10lbs of water.

It's not like there is any increase in protein synthesis and cellular multiplication.

::)

Anecdotal my ass. Idiot.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 09:55:13 AM »
yeah but this doesnt mean one will get jacked physique from doing nothing, there would be no futher gains than the initial ones for the non trainees on gear,or very little.

Exactly.

After that initial gain, there wouldn't be stimulus to build any muscle. 

8)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 11:26:36 AM »
Exactly.

After that initial gain, there wouldn't be stimulus to build any muscle. 

8)

so are you saying that i still gotta train my legs hard and heavy :( :'( >:(

but seriously, my chest training loads are down just a bit, while my pecs are actually thicker and fuller than they were when i was lifting heavier loads ???

so could this be from the initial protein synthesis and cellular multiplication gains?

yeah, i'm kinda trolling here, but i'm also kinda serious too

people say just work the muscle and then get out the hell out of the gym and then rest and grow, and they say that roid users don't need to apply progressive overload so much, so now i'm seeing that maybe this is true :-\ :-\ :-\

and yeah, sorry for the anabolichalo moment, but i am genuinely a bit confused here

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 01:10:36 PM »
lol long live testosterone

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 04:58:45 PM »
how is this surprising

during puberty you gain muscle without training

why?

tesosterone

no kidding

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2013, 05:14:48 PM »
I gain a good 8 pounds of "muscle" with a good cheat meal. I don't need 10 weeks for these kind of gains  ;D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2013, 05:21:18 PM »
I gain a good 8 pounds of "muscle" with a good cheat meal. I don't need 10 weeks for these kind of gains  ;D
if you eat 2lbs of chicken breast you put on 2lbs of LMB instantly as far as underwater weighing and dexa is concerned

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 05:38:00 PM »
if you eat 2lbs of chicken breast you put on 2lbs of LMB instantly as far as underwater weighing and dexa is concerned

Yeah and that's all protein. Imagine if it was 2 pounds of dextrose...

LBM...pretty sure that includes water and glycogen along with muscle tissue. Steroids increase sodium, water, and glycogen retention so this study is no surprise.

If someone has aids and just saw this study than they'd be thrilled that they can gain weight without training on steroids. For those of us who train and gear we already knew this. People who trained on gear gained almost double what non training juicers gained....I would assume the difference is in fact actual muscle tissue.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 12:16:48 AM »
good points here about "muscle gain"

so i guess it's right what they keep telling me, which is to go by the mirror and not by the scale or tape measure

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 02:23:43 AM »
good points here about "muscle gain"

so i guess it's right what they keep telling me, which is to go by the mirror and not by the scale or tape measure
what's wrong with going by the tape measure?

if you put on an inch on your arms and they keep as lean (visual or skin fold) of course you add muslces

only mirror is too subjective

picutres are better

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 03:06:39 AM »
what's wrong with going by the tape measure?

if you put on an inch on your arms and they keep as lean (visual or skin fold) of course you add muslces

only mirror is too subjective

picutres are better

the fellas here say don't go by the tape measure ie. ugayjizz, njflex, and mr.n

but you make a good point about if one arm measures more at the same bodyfat, then yeah, that would be a lean muscle gain

and your right about pics being the best measure, even my old training coach told me this

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 06:53:17 PM »
Dude are you new to thus because you ask some true no brainer shit , you seem enthusiastic but fucks sake