Author Topic: Official BREAKING BAD Thread  (Read 45107 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Breaking Bad episode tonight
« Reply #150 on: September 16, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »
If you missed it....

Next week on Breaking Bad:

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2013, 09:44:03 PM »
Im still having a degree of anxiety for Walt's situation. If all these assholes had just stayed out of his business and kept their lips sealed.

While, I have to admit I'm reluctant to show this much interest in a tv show... I'll have to say, one unbelievable part of the show thats bugging me is the catalyst to this final shutdown. Would Jesse, in real life, have cared so much to rid himself of $5 million and he'd rat himself and his partner out over his ex-girlfriends son being almost dying at the hands of Walt? I'd say not. When he went berserk and went over to Walt's house to spread gas all around, I was seriously rolling my eyes. This Jessie character has been through some serious shit. Capped a few guys. Helped take out some serious bad guys with Gus at the poolside gangster party. etc, etc.. To see him get all worked up that his partner played on his immature emotions, was to a degree, a stretch on the part of the writers. I feel. It would have been more realistic to see his character develop into more of a hard ass, rather than him remaining the same throughout the entire series. I guess im just being critical because i'm not liking the outcome.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2013, 12:07:20 AM »
When he went berserk and went over to Walt's house to spread gas all around, I was seriously rolling my eyes. This Jessie character has been through some serious shit. Capped a few guys. Helped take out some serious bad guys with Gus at the poolside gangster party. etc, etc.. To see him get all worked up that his partner played on his immature emotions, was to a degree, a stretch on the part of the writers. I feel. It would have been more realistic to see his character develop into more of a hard ass, rather than him remaining the same throughout the entire series. I guess im just being critical because i'm not liking the outcome.

I don't think it was a stretch. It was the straw that broke the camel's back for Jesse. Also don't forget that he had almost killed Walt over the poisoning before so it makes sense he would go berserk.

I think the show makes it clear that Jesse is not cut out for this sort of crime... that is his character development. He is not a "hard ass", just someone who got in way over his head.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2013, 03:52:10 AM »
I don't think it was a stretch. It was the straw that broke the camel's back for Jesse. Also don't forget that he had almost killed Walt over the poisoning before so it makes sense he would go berserk.

I think the show makes clear that Jesse is not cut out for this sort of crime... that is his character development. He is not a "hard ass", just someone who got in way over his head.

The opening scene was designed to remind the audience of Jesses stupidity and tendency to be his own worst enemy.  If Jesse had just listened to Walt and kept his mouth shut, Hank would be alive and they would both be millionaires. 
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2013, 04:03:04 AM »
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" = batman quote.

Jesse is like that... he just can't stop fcking things up.  Walt can actually take the win... all was good by the pool.  Hank learned the truth and instead of just letting it go... it got him killed.  Sometimes you have to know what fights to pick... Hank said it himself "I could be the guy that brings down Heisenberg..."

Hank died because of his ego.  He couldn't go into work with his theory of even jess'e statment - MORE than enough to charge Walt.  No, he had to go after the $ too.  He didn't realize a man as powerful as Heisenberg woudl be attached to things like a half-dozen killers in the desert.  I wonder if Hank thought to himself "I should have just asked Walt for $10 million in the garage that day and pretended none of this ever happened."

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2013, 04:09:17 AM »
In the opening episode of this series when Walt goes back for the ricin,when he walks out to the car and the next door neighbour sees him and drops the groceries.I`m wondering why it would be such a shock for her to see Walt.Did Skylar tell the neighbours that he had died.Is this part of the storyline in the next episode to explain walts disappearance.

Rhomboids

• Getbig III
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2013, 04:23:05 AM »
I'm not gonna read any above post to give away the show, but can someone tell me if its available via Amazon through Roku tonight? Last week, they waited until monday to load it, but the week prior, it was on there ready, at 9 pm just like cable subscribers would get on A&E
quit beingfa pussy  and download that shit. 

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2013, 04:38:05 AM »
In the opening episode of this series when Walt goes back for the ricin,when he walks out to the car and the next door neighbour sees him and drops the groceries.I`m wondering why it would be such a shock for her to see Walt.Did Skylar tell the neighbours that he had died.Is this part of the storyline in the next episode to explain walts disappearance.

I'm pretty sure it's no secret who he is by that point.  "Heisenberg" is written across the wall of the trashed house even. 

He's already confessed over the phone.  By the time that scene takes place, the whole world knows he's a murderous meth kingpin.
Y

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2013, 05:00:40 AM »
In the finale: Skylar finally believes in Walt (his biggest complaint about her since episode 1) and decides to just trust him to "make it right."  

Walt ties up all 22 remaining loose ends and dies in the final scene with Skykar, Flynn and Holly...as a family.  His family gets all the money and the final scene makes you finally stop thinking Skykar is a total bitch.
Y

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2013, 05:04:00 AM »
That brings up another question now,who spray paints heisenberg on the wall.Could it be Marie.?

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2013, 05:06:00 AM »
That brings up another question now,who spray paints heisenberg on the wall.Could it be Marie.?

Probably his kid.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2013, 06:26:03 AM »
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" = batman quote.

Jesse is like that... he just can't stop fcking things up.  Walt can actually take the win... all was good by the pool.  Hank learned the truth and instead of just letting it go... it got him killed.  Sometimes you have to know what fights to pick... Hank said it himself "I could be the guy that brings down Heisenberg..."

Hank died because of his ego.  He couldn't go into work with his theory of even jess'e statment - MORE than enough to charge Walt.  No, he had to go after the $ too.  He didn't realize a man as powerful as Heisenberg woudl be attached to things like a half-dozen killers in the desert.  I wonder if Hank thought to himself "I should have just asked Walt for $10 million in the garage that day and pretended none of this ever happened."

"Some men just want to watch the world burn" = batman quote.  Is actually Alfred saying it.  Anyways.  I am sort of leaning that Todd will be the final bullet.  Walt will learn that they are holding Jesse prisoner to cook and for some reason feel the need to save him.  he will go in and somehow manage to kill the Nazis and free Jesse and just when he thinks he's gotten away with it he'll hear "Sorry Mr. White" and Todd will shoot him in the head.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2013, 06:26:40 AM »

Neighborhood kids after his identity went public. 
A

Chacka

• Getbig III
  • He's not a homo he did that shit for money.
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2013, 06:53:14 AM »

Dam. Just watched episode again. Very satisfying scenario (but very unlikely) that someone mentioned before is that Jessie was actually pulling everyone's strings all this time, that Jessie is some kind of evil genius, let everyone else do his dirty work.The reason he flipped out, gave all that money away etc was that he realized he had set all these events in motion himself, guilt was killing him etc..Walt goes back to get his money from gang,kills the whole gang in process, finds Jessie at the compound not expecting to find him there, lets Jessie go, Jessie kills Walt and gets away with the $$$.Very unlikely but so satisfying, seeing all the crap, beatings etc Jessie has endured since beginning..

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2013, 07:08:28 AM »

Dam. Just watched episode again. Very satisfying scenario (but very unlikely) that someone mentioned before is that Jessie was actually pulling everyone's strings all this time, that Jessie is some kind of evil genius, let everyone else do his dirty work.The reason he flipped out, gave all that money away etc was that he realized he had set all these events in motion himself, guilt was killing him etc..Walt goes back to get his money from gang,kills the whole gang in process, finds Jessie at the compound not expecting to find him there, lets Jessie go, Jessie kills Walt and gets away with the $$$.Very unlikely but so satisfying, seeing all the crap, beatings etc Jessie has endured since beginning..

This is way off the tracks.  Jesse is an addict.  He has been strung up almost the entire series.  He doesn't think rationally.  He admitted the fact that Walt is the devil and only evil things happens to those around him. 

Didn't anyone catch the symbolism between these?

and the recent shot of Jesse after being tortured by the Nazis

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2013, 10:09:14 AM »

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2013, 10:19:22 AM »
Jesse was an idiot from the beginning.  Walt blames him for Hanks death and he has every right to. 
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2013, 10:34:35 AM »
Still don't really get why Walt was so genuinely crushed when they shot Hank.  Or why he would offer up all his money to save Hank's life.  He never liked Hank and now Hank is out to arrest him and confiscate all the money that would see Sky and the kids through .  They're really working to convince us Walt isn't a total dick.

A wife and children are family.  The guy who married the sister of the woman you married is family, I guess, but not really.  Come on.  It's not the same thing at all, especially when he's out to ruin the wife and kids.

Complaints aside, I was seat edged.  They're fooling me with every scene.  It's great.

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2013, 11:16:14 AM »
Mike isn't dead, we never saw his dead body and it was never recovered.......he returns with back up and kills Todd and his uncle and co.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2013, 11:31:44 AM »
he sat and broke bread with Hank for at least a decade.  They're family.  He knows hank will take care of skyler and kids long after the cancer gets him.

He wanted hank to live.  if not, he would have eliminated Hank the moment he discovered he was heisenberg.  he just wanted him to back off til he died. 

It makes ya realize... sometimes you just have to not mess with a situation.  Was hank "right"?  Sure.  But it's not always how the world works.  Just let heisenberg get away with it, keep his money, share his $, and the family is set.  Now, thanks to hank and his lust for "i can be the guy that brought down heisenberg", he got shot. 

Of course, that woudln't be interesting TV.  If hank hadn't dropped a deuce at the end of last season, there would be nothing to watch now.  Relaxing by the pool for a year.

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2013, 11:34:44 AM »
Still don't really get why Walt was so genuinely crushed when they shot Hank.  Or why he would offer up all his money to save Hank's life.  He never liked Hank and now Hank is out to arrest him and confiscate all the money that would see Sky and the kids through .  They're really working to convince us Walt isn't a total dick.

A wife and children are family.  The guy who married the sister of the woman you married is family, I guess, but not really.  Come on.  It's not the same thing at all, especially when he's out to ruin the wife and kids.

Complaints aside, I was seat edged.  They're fooling me with every scene.  It's great.

It was about skylar and how she would take the news of Hanks death.... She could live with a lot of things but living with the possibility that Walt was somehow responsible for Hanks death just wouldn't happen. Skylar wouldn't have been able to handle that.... Thats why he offered up all his money.... He values keeping his family together, and as for money, He could just start cooking for the cartel again.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2013, 12:02:53 PM »
It was about skylar and how she would take the news of Hanks death.... She could live with a lot of things but living with the possibility that Walt was somehow responsible for Hanks death just wouldn't happen. Skylar wouldn't have been able to handle that.... Thats why he offered up all his money.... He values keeping his family together, and as for money, He could just start cooking for the cartel again.

I think he cares more about Walt. Jr.  Junior looked up to Hank and he wanted Jr. to have a male role model in his life, even after death.  I did find it a little odd that Walt would give up his money so easily.  I guess a week earlier Jesse was saying how much walt loved money more than anything and then they wanted to prove that he valued family more.  In the end Family is what Walt truly cares about.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2013, 03:20:21 PM »
I think he cares more about Walt. Jr.  Junior looked up to Hank and he wanted Jr. to have a male role model in his life, even after death.  I did find it a little odd that Walt would give up his money so easily.  I guess a week earlier Jesse was saying how much walt loved money more than anything and then they wanted to prove that he valued family more.  In the end Family is what Walt truly cares about.

Jesse missed the point entirely.  Walt knew he was going to die so money had very little long term value for him other than what it could provide his family after he died. 
A

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: September 17, 2013, 03:44:19 PM »
We're going to see Walt rock n roll with the M60 next episode.