Author Topic: Official BREAKING BAD Thread  (Read 45115 times)

Rudee

• Getbig V
Re: Official BREAKING BAD Thread
« Reply #325 on: September 29, 2013, 10:30:37 PM »
I didn't find it believable that Walt would be able to hook up that contraption with the machine gun.  He's a high school chemistry teacher, not MacGyver.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #326 on: September 29, 2013, 10:43:19 PM »
I didn't find it believable that Walt would be able to hook up that contraption with the machine gun.  He's a high school chemistry teacher, not MacGyver.

He's also a Genius

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: September 29, 2013, 10:54:23 PM »

Once you build a meth lab, construct a battery for a motor home from spare parts in the desert and build a bomb for the underside of a wheelchair with a bell detonator, a the machine gun activated by a car door opener is a breeze.  :)

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: September 29, 2013, 11:03:39 PM »
He did plenty of Macgyver stuff in the show... Remember when he installed his own instant hot water system?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #329 on: September 29, 2013, 11:06:00 PM »
Clearly Walter White was a Genius with the IQ of around 140-180, was a perfectionist and especially inclined towards Science, and not just Chemistry (which was his forte).

Mad-scientist

• Getbig III
« Reply #330 on: September 30, 2013, 01:54:33 AM »
I thought the entire series was amazing. I think it was with out a doubt the best serious show about crime since the Soprano's. The ending of breaking bad was good. I think they could have maybe made it more emotional. But some times things just end how they end. It was a good ending to be honest. I hated how the Soprano's ended but in all reality I think it was a better ending. The ending of the soprano's was more realistic if you have ever taken the time to research what it really meant.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #331 on: September 30, 2013, 03:27:08 AM »
Just watched it now in the UK and absolutely loved it,the first 15 mins were fantastic,and i was wondering if we would see skinny p or badger seeing as how they`ve not been in the final 8 episodes.At least i got 2 of my predictions right,and the smile on walts face as he was looking at the set up jesse had,you knew he was thinking "this kid has learnt some science from me afterall".

whitewidow

« Reply #332 on: September 30, 2013, 03:42:19 AM »
I love Breaking bad. everybody knows i hate Flynn aka walter Jr. thank go he has no lines in this last episode but this last episode was shitty -IMO. I think the sopranos had a better ending. They should of ended Braking bad after last years last episode where hank is taking a shit and finds out Walter might be heisenberg. They should of just left it at that No confrontation just left it how that episode ended

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #333 on: September 30, 2013, 03:43:09 AM »
i have never watched one second of this show  :)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #334 on: September 30, 2013, 04:49:29 AM »
I love Breaking bad. everybody knows i hate Flynn aka walter Jr. thank go he has no lines in this last episode but this last episode was shitty -IMO. I think the sopranos had a better ending. They should of ended Braking bad after last years last episode where hank is taking a shit and finds out Walter might be heisenberg. They should of just left it at that No confrontation just left it how that episode ended
Vince Gilligan talked about the ending in the after party show! He said he did not want to do a Soprano's type ending! He wanted to tie up all the lose ends and not leave the viewers hanging! It was great, you walk away with closure!

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #335 on: September 30, 2013, 06:37:54 AM »
Vince Gilligan talked about the ending in the after party show! He said he did not want to do a Soprano's type ending! He wanted to tie up all the lose ends and not leave the viewers hanging! It was great, you walk away with closure!

A sly reference to the horrendous convoluted ending of Lost as well I suppose.  Closure is all your going to get with a tragedy of this magnitude.  Walt offed all the people who crossed him and avenged Hanks death and that was very satisfying but his family still hates him and he's going to die a broken man.  Anyone who was expecting a happy ending has obviously not been watching the show.
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #336 on: September 30, 2013, 06:43:43 AM »
Saw two series finales this week.

BB: great, although I would've liked more tension in the Jesse/Walt scene.  Nitpicking though.  Great series.

Dexter:  pure dreck.   Horrid finale.
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #337 on: September 30, 2013, 06:56:03 AM »
All in all, it was a SATISFYING ending.  As he drove away from the Schwartz's house, ya just kinda knew it was going to be that kinda show... you knew all the bad guys would die...you KNEW it woudln't be some sort of tragedy.  We all just kept watching the tea Lydia had, knowing Walt would spike it.

Spiking the stevia packet was even smarter lol... Knowing she was doomed was pretty awesome. 

It wasn't a TRAGIC ending... THAT is what I expected...a broken family by his sin, the bad guys keeping the fortune... all that... the way the gunfight went down when hank died - realistic - I thought the bad guys would win (usually real life).

The finale was more for the fans, and less for realism.   It was satisfying to hear Lydia on the phone sick.  To see Todd's uncle get wasted.  Just so so much to pack into that last half hour of the show. 

I've never cracked a tear in the show, but when he saw his daughter napping, knowing he was saying goodbye, that part broke me up, I'll admit.  Five years (show time) of struggle so that little girl would be taken care of $$ wise.  All for that one poignant moment.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #338 on: September 30, 2013, 06:59:23 AM »
It was a tragedy.  Vince gilligan, the creator, said the show was a tragedy and the ending was intended to be tragic.
A

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #339 on: September 30, 2013, 08:14:05 AM »

If it were set up properly I think that could have been a great ending.

I really want to like the finale because I thought the series was pretty damn good...but I just didn't like it all that much.  
The ricin set up with Lydia was great because you were waiting for the ricin and it wasn't the "easy" way to throw it into the episode.
Getting his family the money through gray matter was great too--It was a smart plot twist.  

Taking out the nazis and dying in the meth lab was satisfying but too anticlimactic...the big scarface shoot out they had hinted at all year and it just kind of "happened" like it tripped over a stick in the sidewalk.
Trying to build suspense with walter's keys on the pool table was pretty weak compared to the writing standard of the series...

I like Jesse killing Todd (especially the way he did it), but if you follow the path of his character it's more complex than getting to just say "he broke bad (again...) at the end, but deserves to live because he got his comeuppance from being a meth slave."
Ruined it for me
Y

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #340 on: September 30, 2013, 08:20:53 AM »
It was a tragedy.  Vince gilligan, the creator, said the show was a tragedy and the ending was intended to be tragic.

I got pleasure out of Walt's ultimate fate. 
Jesse's fate wasn't tragic, it was a travesty

3rd to last episode was still fucking great though
Y

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #341 on: September 30, 2013, 08:23:49 AM »
When you saw Lydia with that packet,you just knew it would be ricin going in,but how did Walt manage this,i re-watched it straight after that scene to see if he switched it,but couldn`t notice anything.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #342 on: September 30, 2013, 09:19:16 AM »

You seemed to have missed the whole series then.  Walt was a genius who was the brains behind a multi billion dollar company but his friends fucked him over.  He was a man with a dark cloud over his head.  It wasn't until he started cooking meth that his luck seemed to turn around.  He became the luckiest guy ever catching break after break.  They even had Jesse make that exact claim a couple episodes back.

To WhiteWidow. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?  That Sopranos ending was horrendous.  But Sopranos gave a huge clue in the 2nd or 3rd last show that the whole series was based in Tony's mind and not real life.  There was a newspaper article that the shrink references about some mobster's life that tony was basing his make believe life after.

Anyways.  Great show.  but I hate seeing Jesse get away.  That little shit needed to die.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #343 on: September 30, 2013, 09:23:53 AM »
When you saw Lydia with that packet,you just knew it would be ricin going in,but how did Walt manage this,i re-watched it straight after that scene to see if he switched it,but couldn`t notice anything.

She's always there Tues @ 10 for the meeting.  Always orders the same tea and always reaches for the Stevia.  Guess she always sat at the same table too, so he arrived early and dropped in a doped packet.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #344 on: September 30, 2013, 09:28:41 AM »
She's always there Tues @ 10 for the meeting.  Always orders the same tea and always reaches for the Stevia.  Guess she always sat at the same table too, so he arrived early and dropped in a doped packet.

Glad that cunt got it.  They even made her more of one when she spoke to Todd in that low voice about killing Walter. 

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #345 on: September 30, 2013, 09:30:42 AM »

Thats what i thought,but how positive could Walt have been that someone else wouldn`t sit down at that table and use the ricin.I re-watched it to see if he did a "Huell" slight of hand to switch the packets but didn`t notice anything.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #346 on: September 30, 2013, 09:31:35 AM »
Glad that cunt got it.  They even made her more of one when she spoke to Todd in that low voice about killing Walter. 

She was spared a few times during the series but not this time.  Very fitting end.
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #347 on: September 30, 2013, 09:41:52 AM »
Thats what i thought,but how positive could Walt have been that someone else wouldn`t sit down at that table and use the ricin.I re-watched it to see if he did a "Huell" slight of hand to switch the packets but didn`t notice anything.

I agree, it's not a bullseye method but it seems like it would have a reasonable chance of success.  Idk, maybe he dropped it there when he saw her coming down the road or something. 

It was more believable than the machine gun contraption hitting everyone.  They were stretching credulity pretty thin with that but it was still fun.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: September 30, 2013, 09:48:21 AM »
Five years (show time) of struggle so that little girl would be taken care of $$ wise.  All for that one poignant moment.

And to think millions of people seem to manage the struggle of taking care of family with a small income without having to build a meth lab.    :)

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #349 on: September 30, 2013, 09:54:46 AM »
Meanwhile,Huell is still waiting in the safe house. ;D ;D ;D