Author Topic: Official BREAKING BAD Thread  (Read 45129 times)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: Official BREAKING BAD Thread
« Reply #375 on: October 01, 2013, 01:14:42 AM »
The thing is, such a contraption is NOTHING you'd expect.

So there would be no doubt at all, it wouldn't matter WHERE Walt would park, they'd kill him either way.

Smacking him in the head would be totally unnecessary.

Sure, they were going to kill him, but not outside, they still had a certain degree of respect for the genius, you don't smack someone like Heisenberg.

Also, smacking someone so early would give that person ideas, i'm sure they had a certain degree of curiosity and wanted to hear what he had to say first.

Yep, good points.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #376 on: October 01, 2013, 01:17:47 AM »
If there is a single lesson to be learned from Breaking Bad, that lesson is clearly to stay single and don't get married and have kids.  The stress and pressure of having to provide for a family can cause you to do stupid things you wouldn't do if you were single and only had to be concerned with yourself.
Try having kids and also having to financially support one of their grandparents.

whitewidow

« Reply #377 on: October 01, 2013, 02:01:55 AM »
Try having kids and also having to financially support one of their grandparents.

Ouch!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #378 on: October 01, 2013, 08:23:35 AM »
The thing is, such a contraption is NOTHING you'd expect.

So there would be no doubt at all, it wouldn't matter WHERE Walt would park, they'd kill him either way.

Smacking him in the head would be totally unnecessary.

Sure, they were going to kill him, but not outside, they still had a certain degree of respect for the genius, you don't smack someone like Heisenberg.

Also, smacking someone so early would give that person ideas, i'm sure they had a certain degree of curiosity and wanted to hear what he had to say first.

You speak a lot of truth, IMO. Also, they brought in Jesse out of respect for Walt.. in a way.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #379 on: October 01, 2013, 08:26:54 AM »
You speak a lot of truth, IMO. Also, they brought in Jesse out of respect for Walt.. in a way.

I don't buy that.  The fact that they threatened Skyler to keep her mouth shut about Lydia meant they were done with Walt a while back, they had his money, they had his cook, they were done with him.  Their stall tactics about wanting to shoot him were lame.  it wasn't respect why they brought Jesse to Walt, it was an honor thing that Walt disgraced Jack's honor calling Jesse his partner.  Walt knew that Jesse was being forced to cook, that's why he pulled that partner card.  he knew it would piss off Jack.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #380 on: October 01, 2013, 08:30:36 AM »
I don't buy that.  The fact that they threatened Skyler to keep her mouth shut about Lydia meant they were done with Walt a while back, they had his money, they had his cook, they were done with him.  Their stall tactics about wanting to shoot him were lame.  it wasn't respect why they brought Jesse to Walt, it was an honor thing that Walt disgraced Jack's honor calling Jesse his partner.  Walt knew that Jesse was being forced to cook, that's why he pulled that partner card.  he knew it would piss off Jack.

I disagree. Why would they kill Walt in a hurry? They had no need to.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #381 on: October 01, 2013, 08:33:43 AM »
I disagree. Why would they kill Walt in a hurry? They had no need to.

Jack put a gun to his head as soon as he saw him and told his hench to kill him right away.  He fell for Walt's stall tactic about Jesse.  They knew Walt was up to something but weren't sure, they didn't care about the methalmine idea he had.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #382 on: October 01, 2013, 09:19:07 AM »
Jack put a gun to his head as soon as he saw him and told his hench to kill him right away.  He fell for Walt's stall tactic about Jesse.  They knew Walt was up to something but weren't sure, they didn't care about the methalmine idea he had.

You are right. I didn't realize that.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #383 on: October 01, 2013, 09:23:14 AM »
Jack made it as far as he did in life because of his ability to execute someone FAST when given the chance.  No talk, pussy footing around, etc.  He was about to X out hank quickly til walt yelled. 

His main mistake was not throwing Walt in the hole too.

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #384 on: October 01, 2013, 09:28:35 AM »
Agree with above. Jack's downfall was the same as Walt's. Pure pride and massive ego. He couldn't understand the fact that Walt had the nerve to call Jesse his partner...and like in the episode before..he couldn't have let Jesse continue to cook the same meth that netted Walt $80 million after watching the Confession DEA tape. If it weren't for Todd he would have put a bullet in Jesse's head right then, remember?

Jack could have had it all and won if his nephew wasn't there that day. Walt's money was way more than enough for a lifetime as he put it. Lydia would be gone from the equation, no more blue meth report on the TV.

Then again, when you have $80 million, $160 sounds much nicer :) Although since I am not a Chem teacher or a Nazi I sadly will never know :)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #385 on: October 01, 2013, 09:31:03 AM »
Dexter ending was absolute shit! Horrible writing!

Yes, the Dexter ending was complete boolshit.  Oh well, I guess we wait for the Dexter the Murdering Lumberjack Movie.

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #386 on: October 01, 2013, 09:31:47 AM »
I'm gonna go ... ch-chill now.

I wonder if Flynn keeps all the money and goes away on a romantic getaway with Louis?

Imagine how much bacon and eggs he can buy when he gets his birthday present?

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #387 on: October 01, 2013, 09:37:12 AM »
Yes, the Dexter ending was complete boolshit.  Oh well, I guess we wait for the Dexter the Murdering Lumberjack Movie.

Dexter has always been my favorite show. The finale was just terrible I agree. But honestly how did you expect it to end? From the get go years before they ended the series Michael C Hall and Scott Buck always said the did not want to glorify a serial killer. So I knew that it would suck since the only good option was his escape with Hannah and Harrison and his ability to attempt a normal life. After that was off the table..I knew we were fucked. I honestly expected worse..if that is even possible.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #388 on: October 01, 2013, 10:47:06 AM »
Dexter has always been my favorite show. The finale was just terrible I agree. But honestly how did you expect it to end? From the get go years before they ended the series Michael C Hall and Scott Buck always said the did not want to glorify a serial killer. So I knew that it would suck since the only good option was his escape with Hannah and Harrison and his ability to attempt a normal life. After that was off the table..I knew we were fucked. I honestly expected worse..if that is even possible.

I hated how Deb died.  She was supposed to be this tough bad ass female cop and ends up dead from being vegetated.  At least they should have had her go out in a gun fight.

I think they left Dexter alive so that they can do a future movie or mini-series.  It seems to be the trend in Hollywood these days.  Throw together a 6-10 episode event.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #389 on: October 01, 2013, 11:02:30 AM »
Agree with above. Jack's downfall was the same as Walt's. Pure pride and massive ego. He couldn't understand the fact that Walt had the nerve to call Jesse his partner...and like in the episode before..he couldn't have let Jesse continue to cook the same meth that netted Walt $80 million after watching the Confession DEA tape. If it weren't for Todd he would have put a bullet in Jesse's head right then, remember?

Jack could have had it all and won if his nephew wasn't there that day. Walt's money was way more than enough for a lifetime as he put it. Lydia would be gone from the equation, no more blue meth report on the TV.

Then again, when you have $80 million, $160 sounds much nicer :) Although since I am not a Chem teacher or a Nazi I sadly will never know :)

The show did a really good job at showing the destructive force of ego.  MANY times, Hank had a chance to walk away from heisenberg and have a huge career advancement.  Walt had plenty of $ from Gus and would have been able to make a few million and then just coast.  He wanted an empire - and I think admitting it really showed viewers the director wanted to make that point.

Great show.  Ending was tidy and witty, not bittersweet though.  ya kinda knew lydia and the crew would get theirs, ya kinda knew after doing his year of meth slavery, that jesse had paid for his sins.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #390 on: October 01, 2013, 11:15:09 AM »

Angel not finding about Laguerta's killer, the PD finding out about Dexter etc....all stuff like that could have happened and would have been great.  It could have been really emotional with good writing.   Dexter could've escaped with his family, killed by Deb, fucked Deb,etc.....all would have been great.  This ending was weak.

But, the show had been on a decline since season four anyway.  There were too many people who were introduced to Dexter's true nature that were OK with it.  It had gotten ridiculous.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #391 on: October 01, 2013, 11:18:35 AM »
Angel not finding about Laguerta's killer, the PD finding out about Dexter etc....all stuff like that could have happened and would have been great.  It could have been really emotional with good writing.   Dexter could've escaped with his family, killed by Deb, fucked Deb,etc.....all would have been great.  This ending was weak.

But, the show had been on a decline since season four anyway.  There were too many people who were introduced to Dexter's true nature that were OK with it.  It had gotten ridiculous.

They did give Quinn and Angel a little insight to how cold Dexter was when he killed Oliver Saxon.  When they were watching the video they both watched with mouths agape in shock at how cold, calculate and ruthless Dexter was.  Because Oliver was the shit that turned Deb into a veggie they sort of turned the other way and didn't make a big deal out of it, but it does leave them wondering a bit about Dex.

The stupid part is Quinn and Angel will now wonder wtf happened with Deb, what happened with Harrison, where did they go?  Miami PD will be running an investigation and wasting their time.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #392 on: October 01, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: October 01, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »
I thought Dexter ended the only way that it could....Serial Killers do not commit suicide so that was out of the question.....Dexter living a lonely life should have been his fate........just as depicted......as you can see, Dexter was still a killer and still had the dark passenger with him.......the proof was when he looked up at the end and you saw the coldness in his eyes....

I thought Breaking bad ended the best way that it could......tied up all the loose ends......and the way Walt died was kinda a homage to "the king of new york"......Christopher Walken went out the same way at the end of that movie...just as the cops were closing in

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #394 on: October 01, 2013, 08:24:57 PM »
I'm so glad I got to witness Jesse choke the life from the soft spoken soulless, dead eyed ginger Todd.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: October 01, 2013, 08:48:40 PM »
I'm so glad I got to witness Jesse choke the life from the soft spoken soulless, dead eyed ginger Todd.

:) Me too!

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #396 on: October 01, 2013, 10:36:49 PM »

what the hell happened to lil Brock?  did Jessie go to search for him when he hauled ass out of there? Is he safe ???

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: October 01, 2013, 10:39:11 PM »
Haven't seen an episode. I take it it's good?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #398 on: October 01, 2013, 10:50:52 PM »

There were actually people who wanted a Todd spinoff-series, just because he was so psychotic but Well-mannered :D

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #399 on: October 02, 2013, 12:50:32 AM »
There were actually people who wanted a Todd spinoff-series, just because he was so psychotic but Well-mannered :D

I think Todd's character was interesting in some ways. But I'd rather like to see a Saul Goodman spin-off with Gus. Giancarlo Es? (Gus) confirmed that he is interested in being part of such a show.