Author Topic: Official BREAKING BAD Thread  (Read 45081 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Official BREAKING BAD Thread
« Reply #400 on: October 02, 2013, 01:19:11 AM »

I think Todd's character was interesting in some ways. But I'd rather like to see a Saul Goodman spin-off with Gus. Giancarlo Es? (Gus) confirmed that he is interested in being part of such a show.

it might be a pre-quel to Breaking Bad...remember that Saul disappeared along with Walt

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #401 on: October 02, 2013, 01:20:09 AM »

I think Todd's character was interesting in some ways. But I'd rather like to see a Saul Goodman spin-off with Gus. Giancarlo Es? (Gus) confirmed that he is interested in being part of such a show.

Yes, Better Call Sauls-spinoff series will be about Saul BEFORE he met Walt :)

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #402 on: October 02, 2013, 05:38:35 AM »
And remember when Saul first spoke about Gus to Walt,he said "i know a guy,who knows a guy,who knows a guy",so lets hope that Saul did have some kind of contact with Gus (maybe not direct,but through other clients) and Gus and Mike both pop up in a few episodes of Better call Saul.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #403 on: October 02, 2013, 05:50:45 AM »

I'd prefer a sequel series instead of a prequel.  We know what happens to Saul so there's really no danger or tension.  The two consequences of illegal activity, death or imprisonment wouldn't present a true threat because Saul doesn't experience either.
A

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #404 on: October 02, 2013, 05:52:18 AM »

As we speak, I think Galeniko is on the phone with Saul trying to stay out of jail.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #405 on: October 02, 2013, 12:38:12 PM »
As we speak, I think Galeniko is on the phone with Saul trying to stay out of jail.

;D

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #406 on: October 02, 2013, 03:02:33 PM »
I'm a bit late to the party - I've avoided this thread up to now because I've been watching all five seasons of Breaking Bad for the last two months now and I didn't want to read any spoilers.

Watched the final episode tonight - great ending, tied up all the loose ends and is without doubt the best TV series I have ever seen, bar none.  8)

Going to have withdrawal symptoms now.  :'(

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #407 on: October 02, 2013, 06:54:08 PM »
One of the best shows ever.

Sad thing is that I suspect all these networks are now going to do shows for only 4-6 years and then pull the plug on them. They make a lot more money from the additional footage/box series packages (which is pretty much free for them) and they do not have to deal with the actors wanting a raise.

It's sad that really good series, like Breaking Bad or The Sopranos have to end so early because of money.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #408 on: October 02, 2013, 06:56:19 PM »
Their barrel package is $225. If ½ of the folks that watched the season finale buy this package... that's more than a billion dollars.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #409 on: October 03, 2013, 02:27:26 AM »

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #410 on: October 03, 2013, 03:47:40 AM »
So originally the creator of the show was gonna kill off Pinkman in the first season. Makes me wonder how different the show would have been considering the fact that Pinkman was pretty much the downfall of Walt every step of the way.
A

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #411 on: October 03, 2013, 06:16:21 AM »
So originally the creator of the show was gonna kill off Pinkman in the first season. Makes me wonder how different the show would have been considering the fact that Pinkman was pretty much the downfall of Walt every step of the way.

It is not that simple. Walt wanted the meth empire. Remember when Jesse didn't want to cook anymore and Walt continued to do so?

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #412 on: October 03, 2013, 06:35:38 AM »

Here's the one thing I've wrestled with the entire show. Until the very end, Walt has always had a father-like protective feel for Jesse. He's always bailing him out and helping him.

Walt knows he's the reason why Jesse's life is as messed up as it is as the show progresses.

But Walt seems so able to divorce himself from doing what he does for himself, versus his family. Yet he continues to put himself in harm's way to save Jesse from the situations he puts Jesse in.

Why do we think Walt cares so much for Jesse? Repressed guilt for not being a better teacher? Desire for another son (he already has Flynn)? I just could never wrap my head around this emotional connection...it feels unexplained to me.

Other than that, it's the best show I've ever watched, second only to Walking Dead. It beats Game of Thrones. Close runners-up include Spartacus Season One and Dexter (but only the season where Lithgow stars as the Trinity Killer).

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #413 on: October 03, 2013, 07:23:45 AM »
Here's the one thing I've wrestled with the entire show. Until the very end, Walt has always had a father-like protective feel for Jesse. He's always bailing him out and helping him.

Walt knows he's the reason why Jesse's life is as messed up as it is as the show progresses.

But Walt seems so able to divorce himself from doing what he does for himself, versus his family. Yet he continues to put himself in harm's way to save Jesse from the situations he puts Jesse in.

Why do we think Walt cares so much for Jesse? Repressed guilt for not being a better teacher? Desire for another son (he already has Flynn)? I just could never wrap my head around this emotional connection...it feels unexplained to me.

Other than that, it's the best show I've ever watched, second only to Walking Dead. It beats Game of Thrones. Close runners-up include Spartacus Season One and Dexter (but only the season where Lithgow stars as the Trinity Killer).

Walt was using Jesse as an excuse, the same way he used his family.  It wasn't until the end that he finally admitted he did it all for himself.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #414 on: October 03, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »
Walt was using Jesse as an excuse, the same way he used his family.  It wasn't until the end that he finally admitted he did it all for himself.

I think it was a combination of things.....I do think that Walt had great affection for jesse and did feel like a father to him.....Students and teachers have this weird affection for each other as well....Walt needed Jesse to front for him and probably didn't foresee how much emotionally connected he would become to Jesse....Walt provided Jesse with the father figure he needed and the support and guidance that he needed as well....The fact is that neither of them were true hard-core criminals to begin with.....They were each looking for something else.....witness they never lived it up with the money they earned....Walt stayed pretty loyal to his wife....he didn't bang other chicks at all...Jesse just got high and he was pretty loyal to his chicks as well.....I think Walt started to become cold to Jesse when he saw he could not control him any more

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #415 on: October 03, 2013, 09:01:02 PM »
LOL... I'm watching season 2, episode 1... he's making ricin to poison Tuco... they show beautiful music with splenda packets all in a row, a cup of tea... LOL!   Foreshadowing for what we would see 3 years later with Lydia getting the ricin.

Season 2 may have been the best one.   

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: October 03, 2013, 10:31:59 PM »
I'm so glad I got to witness Jesse choke the life from the soft spoken soulless, dead eyed ginger Todd.

Todd was the adopted son Pinkman should have been to Walt.

Walt would have been unstoppable teamed up with Todd.
A

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #417 on: October 04, 2013, 01:31:47 AM »
LOL... I'm watching season 2, episode 1... he's making ricin to poison Tuco... they show beautiful music with splenda packets all in a row, a cup of tea... LOL!   Foreshadowing for what we would see 3 years later with Lydia getting the ricin.

Season 2 may have been the best one.   

I`ve noticed each time i re-watch a series i pick up on something i missed the first time,like in series 2 when they are out cooking in the desert and the rv breaks down,they are sat outside and the camera pans up to the sky and you see 2 planes cross each other.It meant nothing the first time of watching it,but as you know what happened later on ....

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: October 04, 2013, 03:02:05 AM »
Loved this show and glad it ended the way it did. Not a Dexter fan but heard the ending was horrible.

Interesting as this show has catapulted both Gus Freeman who is now on Revolution as a General prick in the miitary and Hand is the main prick on Under the Dome.

RIP Heizenberg

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: October 04, 2013, 03:08:33 AM »
You will be missed!

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #420 on: October 04, 2013, 06:07:55 AM »
I`ve noticed each time i re-watch a series i pick up on something i missed the first time,like in series 2 when they are out cooking in the desert and the rv breaks down,they are sat outside and the camera pans up to the sky and you see 2 planes cross each other.It meant nothing the first time of watching it,but as you know what happened later on ....
Absolutely! It is a show that will keep giving for years to come!

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #421 on: October 04, 2013, 07:00:33 AM »

Damn, you're right, good spot!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: October 08, 2013, 01:47:17 AM »
Just watched the last episode.  My thoughts:

-- The hallucinatory scene where we see Jesse as a carpenter in and idyllic haze, before snapping roughly back to the utter despair of his meth dungeon is... amazing.

-- Jesse's wild-eyed look as he speeds off into the darkness, finally free is awesome, very subtle.

-- Even walt's little stroll through the lab at the very end was... very subdued, and I can't think of a better ending.

-- For people saying the 5th season was boring, I think you're off your rocker.  It had a little bit of everything.  The train caper was signature breaking-bad, showcasing a unique challenge and a solution as creative as any other in the series.  TONS of great dialogue!  If anything, it lacked a powerful villain.  Walt seemed unstoppable, and there were, if anything, just too many different challenges.  It felt a bit fragmented and weaker than, say, the non-stop tension of the first season, when walt and jesse were total amateurs, or the epic battle with Gus that spanned the fourth.

-- The irony of that last phone call to Skyler was fantastic.  I think Walt believed every word of what he said, nonetheless being aware his words would exonerate Skyler.

-- The TV interview with Grey Matter was a brilliant way to reign Walt back in.

-- Todd was an extraordinarily well-acted/written character.  The dude was just utterly devoid of common feelings.  He wasn't "evil", even.  He was just... different.

-- Lydia has a great ass.  Would love to fuck that nervous chattering right out of her.

And finally,

"I did it for myself.  I liked it.  I was good at it.  It made me feel alive."

The best lines in the series, by far.

This show was so great because it showed, in great detail, and in a very believable manner, Walt's transition from a timid, well-mannered but dissatisfied everyman into a real individual, someone who found the courage to shirk his morals and risk everything.  Some people might view the series as a cautionary tale, but I don't.  I don't think Walt had any regrets.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #423 on: October 08, 2013, 03:05:00 AM »
-- The hallucinatory scene where we see Jesse as a carpenter in and idyllic haze, before snapping roughly back to the utter despair of his meth dungeon is... amazing.

Especially when you go back to season 3, and he's in rehab... talking to the NA/AA group about how much he felt at home with woodworking in his high school class.  "Is that the best you can do?" - In the finale, he's the perfect version of Jesse that he always dreamed of being... he's escaped his meth slavery in his head.

I just put on seasons 1-4 on netflix over the past week... Just about every minute of the finale had some level of foreshadowing in the earlier shows.  Incredibly intelligent.  I bet they're teaching a BB class in film making school eventually.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #424 on: October 08, 2013, 03:37:28 AM »
-- Lydia has a great ass.  Would love to fuck that nervous chattering right out of her.

Yes, Lydia had a great physique in that skirt

Pity we didn't get to see a spandex or thong-scene before the Ricin kicked in... :D