Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Syrians In Ghouta Claim Saudi-Supplied Rebels Behind Chemical Attack  (Read 2770 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
This is interesting :-\

Rebels and local residents in Ghouta accuse Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan of providing chemical weapons to an al-Qaida linked rebel group.

Ghouta, Syria — As the machinery for a U.S.-led military intervention in Syria gathers pace following last week’s chemical weapons attack, the U.S. and its allies may be targeting the wrong culprit.

Interviews with people in Damascus and Ghouta, a suburb of the Syrian capital, where the humanitarian agency Doctors Without Borders said at least 355 people had died last week from what it believed to be a neurotoxic agent, appear to indicate as much.

The U.S., Britain, and France as well as the Arab League have accused the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for carrying out the chemical weapons attack, which mainly targeted civilians. U.S. warships are stationed in the Mediterranean Sea to launch military strikes against Syria in punishment for carrying out a massive chemical weapons attack. The U.S. and others are not interested in examining any contrary evidence, with U.S Secretary of State John Kerry saying Monday that Assad’s guilt was “a judgment … already clear to the world.”

However, from numerous interviews with doctors, Ghouta residents, rebel fighters and their families, a different picture emerges. Many believe that certain rebels received chemical weapons via the Saudi intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, and were responsible for carrying out the dealing gas attack.

“My son came to me two weeks ago asking what I thought the weapons were that he had been asked to carry,” said Abu Abdel-Moneim, the father of a rebel fighting to unseat Assad, who lives in Ghouta.

Abdel-Moneim said his son and 12 other rebels were killed inside of a tunnel used to store weapons provided by a Saudi militant, known as Abu Ayesha, who was leading a fighting battalion. The father described the weapons as having a “tube-like structure” while others were like a “huge gas bottle.”

Ghouta townspeople said the rebels were using mosques and private houses to sleep while storing their weapons in tunnels.

Abdel-Moneim said his son and the others died during the chemical weapons attack. That same day, the militant group Jabhat al-Nusra, which is linked to al-Qaida, announced that it would similarly attack civilians in the Assad regime’s heartland of Latakia on Syria’s western coast, in purported retaliation.

“They didn’t tell us what these arms were or how to use them,” complained a female fighter named ‘K.’ “We didn’t know they were chemical weapons. We never imagined they were chemical weapons.”

“When Saudi Prince Bandar gives such weapons to people, he must give them to those who know how to handle and use them,” she warned. She, like other Syrians, do not want to use their full names for fear of retribution.

A well-known rebel leader in Ghouta named ‘J’ agreed. “Jabhat al-Nusra militants do not cooperate with other rebels, except with fighting on the ground. They do not share secret information. They merely used some ordinary rebels to carry and operate this material,” he said.

“We were very curious about these arms. And unfortunately, some of the fighters handled the weapons improperly and set off the explosions,” ‘J’ said.

cont... http://www.mintpressnews.com/witnesses-of-gas-attack-say-saudis-supplied-rebels-with-chemical-weapons/168135/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
IF this is true, then it needs to be backed up by some foreign govts, not some small website with a few anonymous witnesses.

I'm agreeing it probably freakin' is true lol... but why the heck isn't Putin holding up this news report? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
IF this is true, then it needs to be backed up by some foreign govts, not some small website with a few anonymous witnesses.

I'm agreeing it probably freakin' is true lol... but why the heck isn't Putin holding up this news report?  
You need to watch this.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Drudge broke Monika Lewinsky so anythings possible.....hell this is well inside the realm of possibility. I kinda wonder what Libya has to do with all of this....
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
UN accuses Syrian rebels of chemical weapons use

Syrian rebels have made use of the deadly nerve agent sarin in their war-torn country's conflict, UN human rights investigator Carla del Ponte has said.

"According to the testimonies we have gathered, the rebels have used chemical weapons, making use of sarin gas," del Ponte, a former war crimes prosecutor, said in an interview with Swiss radio late on Sunday.

"We still have to deepen our investigation, verify and confirm (the findings) through new witness testimony, but according to what we have established so far, it is at the moment opponents of the regime who are using sarin gas," she added.

She stressed that the UN commission of inquiry on Syria, which she is a part of, had far from finished its investigation.

Turkish authorities are carrying out blood tests on Syrians who have fled the fighting at home to determine if they have been victims of chemical weapons, a medical source said Monday.

"Samples have been taken from people wounded in Syria who have been transported to Turkey," the source said on condition of anonymity, adding that the results were not yet known.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10039672/UN-accuses-Syrian-rebels-of-chemical-weapons-use.html

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Drudge broke Monika Lewinsky so anythings possible.....hell this is well inside the realm of possibility. I kinda wonder what Libya has to do with all of this....
There were all these chemical weapons in Libya too and we know Libyans are fighting in Syria.

Libya rebels move onto Syrian battlefield
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/28/world/meast/syria-libya-fighters

And the guy who wrote the article above isn't a complete nobody.  He works for AP, NPR, Salon and BBC.  Not sure about the guy doing the interviews.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
 :-\

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
video uploaded on August 23, 2013, in which Free Syrian operatives threatened to launch chemical weapons:

Watch to the end, they show a demo and some of their chemicals.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

tonymctones

• Getbig V

lets see this needs to be backed up by foreign govts but for our govt to attack we need no backing and no evidence?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND

Poor, defenseless rabbits. Why couldn't the rebels test their weapons on other Muslims, or 240?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
OH SNAP!!   UN is saying the rebels did it?

hahahha oh snap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   this is getting good now.  just obama on his little island now.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
OH SNAP!!   UN is saying the rebels did it?

hahahha oh snap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   this is getting good now.  just obama on his little island now.
That post above was on another earlier attack this year. Point being, it's stupid to say for sure this came from Assad's men.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
That post above was on another earlier attack this year. Point being, it's stupid to say for sure this came from Assad's men.

ah gotcha.  in that case, it doesn't affect this one.  if the UN went against obama on THIS attack, yes, shit would be on.  I doubt they will.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
ah gotcha.  in that case, it doesn't affect this one.  if the UN went against obama on THIS attack, yes, shit would be on.  I doubt they will.
how to you get that it doesn't affect this?  If there's info that the rebels are using these weapons too, the only reason it can't affect this is if nobody fucking brings it up.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
240, what is assad's motive for using these weapons now?  That's something nobody gets.  Because he woke up one day and decided he wanted the piss bombed out of him because he was actually winning or at least nowhere near being defeated.  Who has the bigger motive to see an attack like this happen now?  The rebels and those supporting them.

I lol'd hearing experts in the media refer to him as a smooth customer giving him credit to how he'll use the fact that we're not attacking him right now.  So he's calculating and smart but stupid lol... stupid enough to up and use chemical weapons which he knew could very likely mean some shock and awe on his forces?  LOL... ok....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
240, what is assad's motive for using these weapons now?  That's something nobody gets.  Because he woke up one day and decided he wanted the piss bombed out of him because he was actually winning or at least nowhere near being defeated.  Who has the bigger motive to see an attack like this happen now?  The rebels and those supporting them.

I lol'd hearing experts in the media refer to him as a smooth customer giving him credit to how he'll use the fact that we're not attacking him right now.  So he's calculating and smart but stupid lol... stupid enough to up and use chemical weapons which he knew could very likely mean some shock and awe on his forces?  LOL... ok....

zero motive, IMO. 

however, if I WANTED to argue it, I could say he's surely feeling tons of US pressure, goodness knows what we're saying behind the scenes and doing past his borders... and his use of conventional warfare has killed 100,000 and they're still coming strong.  So maybe he knows it's coming down and he used them as a last resort.

Personally, do I think he did?  Oh, shit no lol.  But since everyone is on that bandwagon, I may as well argue the opposite to keep shit interesting around here.  Once we're all in a big circle jerk in agreement, the place gets boring :) 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

zero motive, IMO. 

however, if I WANTED to argue it, I could say he's surely feeling tons of US pressure, goodness knows what we're saying behind the scenes and doing past his borders... and his use of conventional warfare has killed 100,000 and they're still coming strong.  So maybe he knows it's coming down and he used them as a last resort.

Personally, do I think he did?  Oh, shit no lol.  But since everyone is on that bandwagon, I may as well argue the opposite to keep shit interesting around here.  Once we're all in a big circle jerk in agreement, the place gets boring :) 
That's horrible.  The forum doesn't need gimmicks to keep it interesting.  It would be much better to just state what you believe so people can debate it.  Don't do that shit.  It's not important that the forum stays interesting.  That's not the point of the forum.  quality discussion is more important and stuff like that just makes that harder.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
That's horrible.  The forum doesn't need gimmicks to keep it interesting.  It would be much better to just state what you believe so people can debate it.  Don't do that shit.  It's not important that the forum stays interesting.  That's not the point of the forum.  quality discussion is more important and stuff like that just makes that harder.

i'm pointing out alternate points of view.  yes, the video of the rebels planning to use the gas which conveniently shows up now... that shit could be faked.  And yes, maybe assad is ducking potshots every other day and knows the rebels are winning and killing 100k people with bullets doens't help and yes, maybe he did decide to gas them to scare them. 

It's less than likely, but it's possible.   At least discussing the other (less likely) possible scenarios is important.  Back in 2005, you, Hugo under your old name, you were awesome at pointing out the MINORITY view at the time, that Bush/Powell LIED about WMD.  I'm pointing out the minority view that the rebels lied about it.  They are al-Q, and assad is anti-USA.   They're both bad guys.  So it's possible either side faked a view or staged a self-attack. 

SO I'm not being a gimmick... it's possible assad actually gassed em.  It's possible he faked that video to point blame on them. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
i'm pointing out alternate points of view.  yes, the video of the rebels planning to use the gas which conveniently shows up now... that shit could be faked.  And yes, maybe assad is ducking potshots every other day and knows the rebels are winning and killing 100k people with bullets doens't help and yes, maybe he did decide to gas them to scare them. 

It's less than likely, but it's possible.   At least discussing the other (less likely) possible scenarios is important.  Back in 2005, you, Hugo under your old name, you were awesome at pointing out the MINORITY view at the time, that Bush/Powell LIED about WMD.  I'm pointing out the minority view that the rebels lied about it.  They are al-Q, and assad is anti-USA.   They're both bad guys.  So it's possible either side faked a view or staged a self-attack. 

SO I'm not being a gimmick... it's possible assad actually gassed em.  It's possible he faked that video to point blame on them. 
gimmick is to good a label for you, dumb ass is more appropriate

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

I've always tried to point out what I think is the truth, not argue something because it's the less popular view. ::)  I get a little devil's advocate play doesn't hurt.  I've done that too some but all the time?

Something odd about a lot of these videos, even some of the chemical vids, they show their faces.  In other videos that are absolutely known to come from the rebels, they also showed their faces.  I would think that videos that are meant to set up the other side, you wouldn't show your face.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
gimmick is to good a label for you, dumb ass is more appropriate

true.  still, i'd rather be someone who points out differing points of view to the norm.. than someone that just shows up to throw insults.

I could chime in with "Me too, I think it's all staged cause Obama wants a war to rally the nation around him right before midterms and to please his masters" and i'd sound like most here.  I could add "Obama is on drugs and he'll be divorced and bankrupted and resigned in 17 minutes" and sound like 333386soulcrusher.   I am frankly bored with the syria thing... stupid story... i'd rather we play ref and let them blast each other.

and honestly, I can't put it past assad to try using the gas and making a video showing the rebels using them.  Whoever used them - the US has to crush.  They're gonna blame each other.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
240, what is assad's motive for using these weapons now?  That's something nobody gets.  Because he woke up one day and decided he wanted the piss bombed out of him because he was actually winning or at least nowhere near being defeated.  Who has the bigger motive to see an attack like this happen now?  The rebels and those supporting them.

I lol'd hearing experts in the media refer to him as a smooth customer giving him credit to how he'll use the fact that we're not attacking him right now.  So he's calculating and smart but stupid lol... stupid enough to up and use chemical weapons which he knew could very likely mean some shock and awe on his forces?  LOL... ok....
;)