Author Topic: Marriage...oh brother  (Read 35694 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Marriage...oh brother
« on: September 02, 2013, 05:06:28 PM »
 Taken from another forum, what a fucking scam concept

"No Fault Divorce is the biggest slight against the institution of marriage there is.

A good friend of mine went through that. He was well off but at one point his work required more travel than usual. His wife "got lonely" started ****ing a "friend", "fell in love" and kicked him out. I say kicked him out because when he found out one angry but non threatening text ( I read it myself) was all it took to get an order of protection. In the divorce he lost his home (which he still pays for on court order), 30% of his take home, and equal amount of that to spousal support as she is unemployed, half his retirement accounts and other investments, everything they had in savings (he found out about the affair when she withdrew everything from their accounts) which the courts would do nothing about and every last dime he had or could borrow to hire a layer for himself and her (court order).

He lives in his old room at his parents house now. The other guy now lives in the home he pays for with his ex wife and children but they will not marry as that would cost her the spousal support. When he started pulling over time to try and set back some money to get a place so he could get overnight visitation with his kids she drug him back to court for more money. They awarded it and now that he has lost all overtime due to his job scaling back he has to spend what he saved going back to court to get the payments reduced to pre OT rates.

That's the risk. Is it worth it?"

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: Marriage...oh brother
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 05:07:29 PM »
if a woman officially lives in your house, but it's 100 % your property and you arent married

are you safe, house and money wise when it all goes to shit?

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 05:11:43 PM »

"No Fault Divorce is the biggest slight against the institution of marriage there is.

A good friend of mine went through that. He was well off but at one point his work required more travel than usual. His wife "got lonely" started ****ing a "friend", "fell in love" and kicked him out. I say kicked him out because when he found out one angry but non threatening text ( I read it myself) was all it took to get an order of protection. In the divorce he lost his home (which he still pays for on court order), 30% of his take home, and equal amount of that to spousal support as she is unemployed, half his retirement accounts and other investments, everything they had in savings (he found out about the affair when she withdrew everything from their accounts) which the courts would do nothing about and every last dime he had or could borrow to hire a layer for himself and her (court order).

He lives in his old room at his parents house now. The other guy now lives in the home he pays for with his ex wife and children but they will not marry as that would cost her the spousal support. When he started pulling over time to try and set back some money to get a place so he could get overnight visitation with his kids she drug him back to court for more money. They awarded it and now that he has lost all overtime due to his job scaling back he has to spend what he saved going back to court to get the payments reduced to pre OT rates.

DO NOT READ if you suffer from high blood pressure... fuck!!  >:(

dustin

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 05:17:37 PM »
Holy fuck, I wasn't going to read that but I did... even his fucking retirement savings!?!? Holllly fuck........ wish I didn't read that. So pissed off lol :-X

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 05:18:11 PM »
My girlfriend of over 2 years left me a few months ago because I wouldn't commit to marriage. I have worked way to hard to loose it all. I've seen it happen too many times. Not to sound like a pussy but I was just way too scared. People say if you own it before you got married she can't take it, yet I've seen guys loose it all.

The same situation in that story happened to my boy Chris. He's 45 and lives in a studio apartment and eats tuna and roman noodles while I see his wife having bbq's on his porch.  Fuck that noise.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 05:22:44 PM »
My girlfriend of over 2 years left me a few months ago because I wouldn't commit to marriage. I have worked way to hard to loose it all. I've seen it happen too many times. Not to sound like a pussy but I was just way too scared. People say if you own it before you got married she can't take it, yet I've seen guys loose it all.

The same situation in that story happened to my boy Chris. He's 45 and lives in a studio apartment and eats tuna and roman noodles while I see his wife having bbq's on his porch.  Fuck that noise.

it's not funny at all but, that made me laugh  ;D

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 05:23:58 PM »
if a woman officially lives in your house, but it's 100 % your property and you arent married

are you safe, house and money wise when it all goes to shit?

Read up on Common Law girlfriend...These bitch's have taken assets from their boyfriends in some cases...Find out how many years common law kicks in and leave your girlfriend beforehand...Some States look at common law boy/girlfriends the same as marriage...If you ever do move a girlfriend into your house and you know you'll never marry her, don't allow her to have mail sent to your house...Make her get a PO box...Don't put anything in her name...Nothing...Don't allow her to set up anything using your house address...

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 05:36:03 PM »

dustin

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 05:39:01 PM »
Haha, this woman got owned big time for getting too greedy

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2012/07/01/deadbeat_dad_flees_to_philippines_leaving_four_kids_without_support.html?app=noRedirect

I love this story. All the media outlets in Canada made it out like he was a bastard but it's his c-u-n-t wife he's running from. I don't blame him.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 05:46:31 PM »
I love this story. All the media outlets in Canada made it out like he was a bastard but it's his c-u-n-t wife he's running from. I don't blame him.

Yeah I don't get it, the wife gets the 1.2 million dollar house, 2 grand a month from the husband, plus the house has an apartment she could get 2 grand a month rent from, and then decides to take the husband to court for more money?!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 05:52:35 PM »
I don't get this at all, why does the man loose out so badly. Surely there must be cases where the husband wins spousal support?  ??? Reading this shit brings my blood to a boil.
follow the arrows

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 06:01:24 PM »
No it`s not worth it in my opinion. Not without an iron clad prenupt. It`s amazing how fast they run when you bring up a prenupt. ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 06:01:37 PM »
These stories seem hard to believe.  They're always told from the victimized guy's perspective.  They may not be pure bullshit but they're certainly one sided.

I don't get not getting married because of them.  Even if these tales of woe are true, surely there's a way to secure your shit.  Then you can get married.  Even a dumbass like me can come up with: Put stuff in a trust to which the proposed spouse isn't a beneficiary.  Or define it as corporate property.  Or talk to an accountant and a lawyer.  They'll have dozens of suggestions.

Not to poop the spirit of the thread.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2013, 06:07:40 PM »

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2013, 06:08:53 PM »
Sounds to me like some getbiggers are single because they have a hard time getting laid and not because they hate marriage  ::)

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 06:13:31 PM »
The solution is easy... Only marry a women with way more money than you.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 06:28:17 PM »

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2013, 06:29:49 PM »
"when she withdrew everything from their accounts) which the courts would do nothing about and every last dime he had or could borrow to hire a layer for himself and her (court order)."

- That's his lawyer's fault. He must not have submitted evidence. There is a reasonable time period and from the time of finding out about the affair to filings for divorce; that's very reasonable for a court. Also, if she took ALL the money out at once or in lots it's a large indicator of culpability.
Perhaps, It's just your friend was running out of money and his attorney probably saw that and that issue would have been more money than what was in the account or taken....maybe the lawyer by not pressing it saved yor friend in fees.

Don't worry Snowman: Common Law girlfriend is on the  books in very small number of states and it has no case precedent so there has been no case law on it to happen. Why? First, it's meant for ye olde days when couples couldn't get to the courthouse because they lived so far away so. Second, one of the elements is holding yourself out as husband and wife to ALL. Therefore, if there one person you know that knows you were never married? The key to this CL wife is everyone thought you were married: one person knows you're not (not holding yourself out to be husband and wife) it fails.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2013, 06:36:38 PM »
Will not marry. If anyone decides to get married they should each seek out attorney to draw out agreements for prenuptials.

Told girl I'm dating now, that is what I would do....she had problem with that. I explained marriage has always been a contract of faithfulness and devotion and money, I just wanted mine in writing. On to the next one.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2013, 06:39:47 PM »

Depends on what state bro. Separate property state or community property state. When you meet the right one she will understand your hesitations and will commit to a prenuptial agreement so long as you promise to commit to her.

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2013, 06:41:40 PM »
This made me cry! I'm sick to my stomach. It's bitches like this that give women a bad name. I'm so sorry for your friend. Karma will get her as this home wrecker she's with now will leave her for someone else...she's the real home wrecker though! Disgusting

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 06:46:58 PM »
It's a good thing that woman is getting the support she deservers. He should have been wise enough NOT to marry. In Poland if man cheats on his wife and she is plead guilty of the divorce in court woman still does not get jack shit, maybe a half of the house and like 200$ per month if she's lucky and husband is very wealthy.

If you marry better be prepared to provide for your wife for rest of your life. If that doesn't suit you, well, then do not fucking marry. See, the guy that moved in, does not marry and lives off her ex husband money? He's the guy you wanna be.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2013, 06:56:36 PM »

That's his fault , he married a whore .

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 06:57:04 PM »
Yes, or like in muslim third world where if woman gets raped she goes to prison for adultery. Wonderful world, ruled by man, isn't it?

Jeez, you can always write a contract when you marry stating bla bla bla, she doesn't get jack shit when you divorce and you just part ways. Can you? Yes you fucking can.

Bottom line, you knew what you're getting into, man up and don't bitch about it. Or if all this "family life" sounds like BS for you then just don't do it.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 06:59:48 PM »
It's a good thing that woman is getting the support she deservers. He should have been wise enough NOT to marry. In Poland if man cheats on his wife and she is plead guilty of the divorce in court woman still does not get jack shit, maybe a half of the house and like 200$ per month if she's lucky and husband is very wealthy.

If you marry better be prepared to provide for your wife for rest of your life. If that doesn't suit you, well, then do not fucking marry. See, the guy that moved in, does not marry and lives off her ex husband money? He's the guy you wanna be.
I don't understand why she deserves it? She's the one who fucked over the marraige. I would sue her back for the money and kids.
follow the arrows