Author Topic: Is the Press trying to push us into war?  (Read 917 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Is the Press trying to push us into war?
« on: September 02, 2013, 05:31:08 PM »
From reading the headlines and the endless articles criticizing Obama for not taking action...it would seem to me they sure as shit want this to happen.

I know McCain is pushing for regime change and Obama is getting leaned on by AL, and a host of middle east interests, but fuck if the press ain't making this out to be something that 'must' be done.

WTF?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Is the Press trying to push us into war?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 05:45:49 PM »
Tons of money to be made by media covering war would be one of the reasons.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »
msnbc and FOX seem pretty united in this movement from both of their online home pages.   they want war. 

I bet Christie, Rubio, and others will do everything they can to avoid a microphone for the next few days lol... nobody wants to get on the wrong side of whatever will eventually happen. 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 06:11:52 PM »
rt.com

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »
Im sickened Like M Savage says - Beware the Govt Media Complex

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 07:15:48 PM »
msnbc and FOX seem pretty united in this movement from both of their online home pages.   they want war. 

I bet Christie, Rubio, and others will do everything they can to avoid a microphone for the next few days lol... nobody wants to get on the wrong side of whatever will eventually happen. 
more bullshit from the resident horse's ass

the top story on foxnews.com

"'Long Way to Go': Obama Seeking Allies Ahead of Uphill Syria Sell"

yea sure sounds like they are pushing it ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 08:30:15 PM »
at the time i wrote that, the headline was "mccain urges obama to act on syria".

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 08:34:29 AM »

Do u actually watch Fox.....its been either nuetral...facts etc or a laundry list of folks opposed to this. I'm not sure what MSNBC has but the super libs don't want war. The knee padders for Obama will go along with anything. CNN has had people on that won't vote for it.
L

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 08:37:56 AM »
In their heart of hearts the neocons want to strike Syria.  They've wanted to do so for ten years or longer.  They also want enough distance to use this as a political issue in the future.
A

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 08:41:02 AM »
240 + Al Qaeda = peas in a pod.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 08:50:12 AM »
240 + Al Qaeda = peas in a pod.

I think we all know that I could shoot 5 terrorists and eat a sandwich.  I'm probably emotionally barren to a flaw like that.  You remember my solution - play referee, arm both sides, let them kill each other, and pick off one leader for every civvie that gets killed in their crossfire.  Like, bumfighting.  Then we install a puppet leader with whoever limps outta the fight.

I'm kinda a cold prick... I like to argue things, but seriously man, peas in a pod?  I think not.  that's kinda a low accusation, even by getbig standards.  I'm used to being called names, who gives a shit with a 65x65 avatar on a BBing forum thinks of me... but really Fury, come on man, peas in a pod?  Low blow :(

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 08:54:54 AM »
I think we all know that I could shoot 5 terrorists and eat a sandwich.  I'm probably emotionally barren to a flaw like that.  You remember my solution - play referee, arm both sides, let them kill each other, and pick off one leader for every civvie that gets killed in their crossfire.  Like, bumfighting.  Then we install a puppet leader with whoever limps outta the fight.

I'm kinda a cold prick... I like to argue things, but seriously man, peas in a pod?  I think not.  that's kinda a low accusation, even by getbig standards.  I'm used to being called names, who gives a shit with a 65x65 avatar on a BBing forum thinks of me... but really Fury, come on man, peas in a pod?  Low blow :(

I don't believe this for a second. You're right there with Obama rationalizing this shit. The Syria rebels are Al-Qaeda. The strongest rebel groups all have AQ ties. By bombing Assad we are effectively allying ourselves with Al-Qaeda.

If that is your "solution" then why do you continue to rationalize it?

Anyone who has been following this war (read: not many) knows who the major players on the rebel side are at this point. This intervention will likely lead to a cluster-fuck that makes Iraq pale in comparison.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 08:57:04 AM »
I don't believe this for a second. You're right there with Obama rationalizing this shit. The Syria rebels are Al-Qaeda. The strongest rebel groups all have AQ ties. By bombing Assad we are effectively allying ourselves with Al-Qaeda.

Anyone who has been following this war (read: not many) knows who the major players on the rebel side are at this point. This intervention will likely lead to a cluster-fuck that makes Iraq pale in comparison.

This.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 09:47:25 AM »

where did I ever say we should arm the rebels to win?   I said we should let them kill each other then install a puppet regime.  give either side enough bullets to keep it close, so the most enemy die.

And really, do you seriously fcking doubt my willingness to ice bad guys?   I'm an indecisive flaky dbag idiot who likes to argue, but do you think if shit hits fan, i'm pissing my pants and giving terr'ists my wallet?  Really?  I'm a lot of things, but i'm not that guy.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 04:05:35 PM »
In their heart of hearts the neocons want to strike Syria.  They've wanted to do so for ten years or longer.  They also want enough distance to use this as a political issue in the future.

Its a tough one.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 04:21:11 PM »
Its a tough one.

It's going to be interesting watching what they do. 
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 04:43:56 PM »
It's going to be interesting watching what they do. 

For sure.

The Neocon's and "regular" republicans will probably go for it but not the Libertarians.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 07:28:38 PM »
more bullshit from the resident horse's ass

the top story on foxnews.com

"'Long Way to Go': Obama Seeking Allies Ahead of Uphill Syria Sell"

yea sure sounds like they are pushing it ::)

It does sound, to me anyway, that they are trying to push it.

Inflammatory headlines aside, just watching and reading regular non-opinion articles seem to regularly suggest that we are inhumane for sitting on the sidelines, our President is weak and ineffective, etc.

They are endlessly harping on the 'red line' crap and I think we can all agree that it probably wasn't a wise thing for Obama to say, but shit...to get in the middle of this fucking mess is just compounding one problem with another.