Author Topic: High carb vs low carb vs VLCD dieting  (Read 4437 times)

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
High carb vs low carb vs VLCD dieting
« on: September 03, 2013, 07:17:30 PM »
I think we can divide every diet to following groups:
a) high carb, low fat (too many to count)
b) low carb, high fat (I believe Disgusted believes in this approach)
c) low carb, low fat (like OTH's approach, Galeniko's etc. - they all differ in important details but key thing is very huge caloric restriction)

What are your opinions? IMO a) is by far easiest to follow since carbs fill your stomach very fast, b) is very hard to follow and c) is ultra hardcore. Most people I know personally (competitors) came to best shape of their life using a), I am yet to see anyone I know compete using c) and I know some people that used b) but none of them achieved outstanding condition.

a) vs c) raised many controversies recently both here and in the community (Galeniko/no one diet vs rest, OTH vs rest, Norton vs Layne McDonald etc.). What is your take on that? And most importantly - do you personally believe anyone can get shredded using a) or just some lucky individuals??

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Re: High carb vs low carb vs VLCD dieting
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 07:22:59 PM »
You forgot "the balanced diet", or 40/30/30.

To me, this one is the easiest to follow because you're not depriving yourself of any macronutrient.  Works as well as high carb & low carb diet in my experience.

VLCD is on a whole different level though, not just in terms of speed.  Seems to give me a whole different look.  But of course, the most difficult diet to adhere to

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 07:41:48 PM »
Well there are many ways to do VLCD as well. For example Galeniko once mentioned to me that Hamdullah would diet on 1kg of chicken, veggies and a bag of rice per day, that's it. I've been experimenting lately and I think this one bag of rice enables me to do less frequent carbloads and is minimal for my brain to work.

ukjeff

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 10:33:15 PM »
a) vs c) raised many controversies recently both here and in the community (Galeniko/no one diet vs rest, OTH vs rest, Norton vs Layne McDonald etc.). What is your take on that? And most importantly - do you personally believe anyone can get shredded using a) or just some lucky individuals??
I believe anyone can get to ultra low BF levels with any calorie restricted diet, getting onstage and getting rid of water may for some mean manipulating carb intake to eliminate water.
As regards the fat loss, it doesn't matter what types of food you eat as long as you are in a calorific deficit.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 11:03:35 PM »
I believe anyone can get to ultra low BF levels with any calorie restricted diet, getting onstage and getting rid of water may for some mean manipulating carb intake to eliminate water.
As regards the fat loss, it doesn't matter what types of food you eat as long as you are in a calorific deficit.

THIS

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 11:42:27 PM »
Option a is not the easiest to follow, but it the way I have gotten in my best condition.......you are constantly hungry on very low fat diets since fats keep you satiated longer.  Option b would be the easiest to follow and c would be extremely difficult.   All three will work.....I personally prefer carbs over fats for my energy source, but I would never remove both.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 10:27:59 PM »
what is a "bag" of rice?

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 12:21:09 AM »
what is a "bag" of rice?

In Europe virtually every rice comes in bags in which you boil, 100gr of rice each. I am sorry but I refuse to use retarded US nomenclature like "a fup of rice", cup? What size of cup? WTF.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 12:42:29 AM »
Well there are many ways to do VLCD as well. For example Galeniko once mentioned to me that Hamdullah would diet on 1kg of chicken, veggies and a bag of rice per day, that's it. I've been experimenting lately and I think this one bag of rice enables me to do less frequent carbloads and is minimal for my brain to work.

Do you find yourself unable to think clearly if you restrict carbs too much? Even after you go into ketosis?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 01:14:18 AM »
I am no this is no good for contest dieting or getting ultra shredded.
But for the average bodybuilder wanting to loose some fat and has maintained weight for a while simply skipping breakfast and doing cardio for 45mins or so instead will achieve noticable results.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 04:38:44 AM »
the galeniko-noone method is the hardest to enter,but once in its no harder than the others.

and def the fastest.

will debate more later on or tomorow

agree with you, works great.

ukjeff

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 06:51:32 AM »
jeff, you said no more trolling, so you might add for gear users the protein better be there.

i see one post after yours dj181 falling for it,bc he likes the claim he goes "yes!". ::)

ofc one can diet on mostly carbs, that way the glycogen stores are always kinda full and thatl prevent muscle loss and therell be good energy from the carbs.

but you yourself abide to the protein rule, dont make it sound as if youre dieting on mostly cabrs :D

You can gain significant amounts of muscle eating 200gms of protein and thats 800 cals so you can eat less than that to maintain your current muscle.
Maybe 100 gms?
Thats 400 cals, still leaves a lot of room for carbs and fat to be in a calorific deficit.
I do eat higher protein when Im dieting but that doesn't mean it has to be the majority of calories in everyones diet.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 08:57:13 PM »
Do you find yourself unable to think clearly if you restrict carbs too much? Even after you go into ketosis?

Impossible to do my work. Tried several times, everyone always told me "you didn't give it enough time". Well, I cannot afford to be dumb guy for >7 days straight now that I pay bills with the shit that lies between my ears.

1kg chicken and 100gr of rice is what I do now. It works but I can't afford to binge that often or that hard obviously. I have more energy during my workouts etc. Just enough carbs to live by. Not by the book exactly but oh well, it's still like 1300 calories, lol.

james87

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 09:16:56 PM »
Impossible to do my work. Tried several times, everyone always told me "you didn't give it enough time". Well, I cannot afford to be dumb guy for >7 days straight now that I pay bills with the shit that lies between my ears.

1kg chicken and 100gr of rice is what I do now. It works but I can't afford to binge that often or that hard obviously. I have more energy during my workouts etc. Just enough carbs to live by. Not by the book exactly but oh well, it's still like 1300 calories, lol.

This. Laugh so hard when people say ohh you just need to stick it out and suck it up and suffer blah blah blah. Yea, try telling your boss the report you just wrote or the calculations you have submitted are dribble because you are on a low carb diet so you can get "shredded"

For those of us living in the real world with bills to pay and not working some trivial manual labor job that crap just doesn't fly.

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 02:52:24 AM »
Just eat less you fat fucks

For serious bodybuilders

b) to get shredded if you rely on AAS only, or even for naturals this should be how to do it
a) if you use gh/slin

c) Probably works too on AAS

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 03:03:53 AM »
Keep protein the same at about 2g per kg. To gain weight increase carbs and fat, to lose weight lower carbs and fat. If you are natural don't lower fat as much as when juiced.