Author Topic: Kevin Levrone: The Return  (Read 33744 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Kevin Levrone: The Return
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2013, 01:24:27 PM »

http://instagram.com/p/d5MU3Qnu0n/

Why 90 % of bodybuilders have to present themselves like hardcore rappers ?

WoooShhhhhhhhh

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »
Why 90 % of bodybuilders have to present themselves like hardcore rappers ?

WoooShhhhhhhhh

Probably due to the fact that normal training (without an entertaining flair, a la, hardcore) would be very... REPetitive.

;)

AVBG

« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2013, 01:39:52 PM »
Can he come back..? yes. Will he come back? no. Why is he doing this? For the same reasons he's done it half a dozen times in the last 5 years...to advertise/promote his product lines.

Mclovin

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2013, 02:16:38 PM »
Here are some pics from a couple years ago after he started working out again for a few months.

the Algebra Wizard

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2013, 02:22:07 PM »
Let's just see how this plays out .. Not fair to dismiss this so easily .

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2013, 02:57:26 PM »
Did shawn get investors, or is this another Alpha Helix deal?

someone posted they were co-owners in a gym with him.
Yes, they or the woman was co-owner of the gym. Don't know what happened after that.
But, it was explained in the vid about their relationship. Basically they were like "foster parents" to him, and his "prep team".

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2013, 02:58:38 PM »
Cswol would wax him onstage if he came back.

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2013, 03:33:09 PM »
Here are some pics from a couple years ago after he started working out again for a few months.

Didn't Kevin say he was all natural in the first phase of his comeback?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2013, 03:42:18 PM »
He should have named the vid "Toy Soldiers"  or "Toy Soldier featuring JD:The Return"

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2013, 03:44:32 PM »
Who is going to post the Levrone and Jack Daniels stories here?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2013, 05:16:09 PM »
If anyone could make a comeback as a Master competitor, it would have to be Lee Labrada.

He is much larger and WAAAAAAY more ripped and shredded than he was in his most competitive years.

Too bad he didn't have then what he has NOW!

Lee Priest? Not so much....  ::)   ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2013, 07:22:55 PM »
If anyone could make a comeback as a Master competitor, it would have to be Lee Labrada.

He is much larger and WAAAAAAY more ripped and shredded than he was in his most competitive years.

larger not quite,vascular and shredded sinewy leaner possibly yes,he competed around 190 or so peak yrs 91-94 ,tailing off a bit smaller 95 before ending his run.in 80's he was 175/180 and still looked large esp arms for his height/structure.i agree he looks great and could look as good onstage as he was or close.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2013, 07:35:45 PM »
The "freak" aspect of Kevin wasn't his sheer size, but his strength and how quickly he regained his musculature after spending half the year at a soft 210.

He pioneered growing into the show

Very true but Arnold and the old school guys grew into shows way before Kevin did it but I know what u mean

stavios

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2013, 07:38:41 PM »

yeah you are right, dude is in crazy shape i saw him a few years back he seems contest ready

fucking short tho, 5'2 max

Trev

• Getbig IV
  • Bodybuilding The Old School Way - Train, Eat, Rest
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2013, 02:08:00 AM »
If anyone can return at over 40 and win it, Kev can - Has incredible genetics. If he can achieve 80% of his best, he'd do it in the current line up. Don't forget the competitive "sport" is going backwards now.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2013, 02:25:05 AM »
If anyone can return at over 40 and win it, Kev can - Has incredible genetics. If he can achieve 80% of his best, he'd do it in the current line up. Don't forget the competitive "sport" is going backwards now.

Does anyone call it a sport except for competitors and bob and dan???

Meaningless

• Getbig III
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2013, 03:07:48 AM »
Can someone please post the toy soldiers and jd stories.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2013, 03:11:54 AM »
Father time will not be kind even to Kevin Levrone. IF he decides to give it a go he will be a very far cry from his 2003 poor outing. Some people watch his 2003 video and dream. I say "dream on".

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2013, 03:37:28 AM »
You guys do not understand what you are dealing with here. Dude is from another planet.

In 2002 I had Kevin at Australian Pro in March. He just placed 4th in a very ordinary lineup. Kevin was soft, small and out of shape. I was rapt to have him in the show and so were the fans but seriously he was nowhere near his best, even for guest posing he would have be under par.

So he goes home, has another 2 months off training, dieting and everything bodybuilding. In late May starts getting ready for the Olympia and in 4 months gets into maybe the best shape of his career. Places 2nd to Coleman and looks as big as he has ever been.

Just think about this for a minute. Who else at that level, at one of the toughest eras of bodybuilding could do this. No one that I can think of could even come close. Guys were spending the whole 12 months prepping for this and only Coleman could beat Kevin that year.

If he has a reason to compete, he will. It is not about money for Kevin, he lives very well. Trust me, he is set up better than most will ever be. For him it is about the challenge, the journey and the fans. Should he decide to commit to a show in 2014, then he will do it and he will nail it.

Mark my words, if anyone in this industry could ever pull this off, it is Levrone. He is that one in a million freak. I have seen him do it before. We would love to have him in my show and have had several discussions. With enough interest, he will do it.

I have had some great conversations with Kevin over the last 20 years and plenty of drinks and I can tell you all he just beats to his own drum, always has and always will.  

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2013, 03:45:44 AM »
Tell us some stories Tony. I am tired of his boring stupid videos. I am sure you got more interesting stuff..

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2013, 03:50:35 AM »
You guys do not understand what you are dealing with here. Dude is from another planet.

In 2002 I had Kevin at Australian Pro in March. He just placed 4th in a very ordinary lineup. Kevin was soft, small and out of shape. I was rapt to have him in the show and so were the fans but seriously he was nowhere near his best, even for guest posing he would have be under par.

So he goes home, has another 2 months off training, dieting and everything bodybuilding. In late May starts getting ready for the Olympia and in 4 months gets into maybe the best shape of his career. Places 2nd to Coleman and looks as big as he has ever been.

Just think about this for a minute. Who else at that level, at one of the toughest eras of bodybuilding could do this. No one that I can think of could even come close. Guys were spending the whole 12 months prepping for this and only Coleman could beat Kevin that year.

If he has a reason to compete, he will. It is not about money for Kevin, he lives very well. Trust me, he is set up better than most will ever be. For him it is about the challenge, the journey and the fans. Should he decide to commit to a show in 2014, then he will do it and he will nail it.

Mark my words, if anyone in this industry could ever pull this off, it is Levrone. He is that one in a million freak. I have seen him do it before. We would love to have him in my show and have had several discussions. With enough interest, he will do it.

I have had some great conversations with Kevin over the last 20 years and plenty of drinks and I can tell you all he just beats to his own drum, always has and always will.  

*Writer's embellishment*

blackpele

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2013, 04:34:43 AM »

Tony, any more good stories from Kevin ?

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2013, 04:56:14 AM »
I can tell one story about an Arnold Classic in about '94 or maybe '96. I was there with to support Sonny and I was exhausted after a long trip. Melbourne - LA - Chicago - Columbus, with delays all the way. I had frozen my arse off in the days before the show. Running around getting food, tan, oil and whatever Sonny had needed or forgotten to pack.

We get to the prejudging and as always it was a great contest at the Veterans, there was always something about the Arnold Classic atmosphere, whether it was the lighting, the distance, the crowd, I'm not sure. There was just something about that show.

Kevin had been in the top call-outs in the prejudging but was a bit off and knew that he was in for a fight to try to get back in a position to actually win the show. He was a touch smooth and lacked that separation and condition that was his trademark.

At the end of the prejudging everyone headed back to the host hotel to get ready for the finals later that night. Now this was before the rise of the guru, so it was up to each competitor to make the necessary adjustments to food, water and tan themselves.

While everyone else ran around looking for clean carbs or junk loading on burgers and candy, dropping more water or try to find a sauna to dry out more, Kevin headed for the bar. I got there at the same time, thinking I would try to have a couple of quiet ones before the finals.

I sat with Kevin and we went at it, drinking shots of heavy spirits, I think Jack at first then Vodka. We knocked them back until it was time to head to the finals. We talked about all sorts of stuff, life, family, business and cars. I was half cut and starting to slur the words a bit. Kevin was OK but definitely a bit glazed and quite chirpy. He lifted up his shirt before we left and said, I think that is what we needed. He looked like a different person.

Well Levrone, walks on stage that night about 20% better than the prejudging. His skin looked like paper, separation was back, muscles popping and dry as a chip. He won the show easily and we had a laugh about it later.

So much for the gurus!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2013, 07:08:17 AM »
I can tell one story about an Arnold Classic in about '94 or maybe '96. I was there with to support Sonny and I was exhausted after a long trip. Melbourne - LA - Chicago - Columbus, with delays all the way. I had frozen my arse off in the days before the show. Running around getting food, tan, oil and whatever Sonny had needed or forgotten to pack.

We get to the prejudging and as always it was a great contest at the Veterans, there was always something about the Arnold Classic atmosphere, whether it was the lighting, the distance, the crowd, I'm not sure. There was just something about that show.

Kevin had been in the top call-outs in the prejudging but was a bit off and knew that he was in for a fight to try to get back in a position to actually win the show. He was a touch smooth and lacked that separation and condition that was his trademark.

At the end of the prejudging everyone headed back to the host hotel to get ready for the finals later that night. Now this was before the rise of the guru, so it was up to each competitor to make the necessary adjustments to food, water and tan themselves.

While everyone else ran around looking for clean carbs or junk loading on burgers and candy, dropping more water or try to find a sauna to dry out more, Kevin headed for the bar. I got there at the same time, thinking I would try to have a couple of quiet ones before the finals.

I sat with Kevin and we went at it, drinking shots of heavy spirits, I think Jack at first then Vodka. We knocked them back until it was time to head to the finals. We talked about all sorts of stuff, life, family, business and cars. I was half cut and starting to slur the words a bit. Kevin was OK but definitely a bit glazed and quite chirpy. He lifted up his shirt before we left and said, I think that is what we needed. He looked like a different person.

Well Levrone, walks on stage that night about 20% better than the prejudging. His skin looked like paper, separation was back, muscles popping and dry as a chip. He won the show easily and we had a laugh about it later.

So much for the gurus!

DAMN..

stavios

• Getbig III
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2013, 07:53:07 AM »

we are not saying that he CAN'T do it.
we are saying that he won't, cause the dude has been making bullshit comeback claims for the last 5-6 years everytime he has something new to sell