Author Topic: The Top 10 Religious Discoveries of 2012  (Read 14420 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
The Top 10 Religious Discoveries of 2012
« on: September 06, 2013, 01:14:18 PM »

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: The Top 10 Religious Discoveries of 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 01:19:17 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 01:21:38 PM »
 :D ;D

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 01:25:04 PM »

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 01:44:59 PM »

True...Ooops! Wait a minute!  I did discover something just this year!

You are an ass.  Not earth shattering.  Not even mind numbing.   And when you consider that more people than just us here know you, it really isn't that much of a "discovery".  But still, you're an ass.

Not all the time, mind you.  It's one thing to disagree but it's the childish manner in which you express said disagreements that makes you a most disagreeable manlet in topics such as this.  But I enjoy some of your thoughts all the same.

And by the way, I am not "religious".  I have faith, not religion. 

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 01:46:15 PM »
True...Ooops! Wait a minute!  I did discover something just this year!

You are an ass.  Not earth shattering.  Mot even mind numbing.   And when you consider that more people than just us here know you, it really isn't that much of a "discovery".  But still, you're an ass.

Not all the time, mind you.  It's one thing to disagree but it's the childish manner in which you express said disagreements makes you a most disagreeable manlet in topics such as this.  But I enjoy some of your thoughts all the same.

And by the way, I am not "religious".  I have faith, not religion. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2013, 01:47:14 PM »

;D  You are the King, after all.  My most humble thanks to your Majesty. ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 01:48:30 PM »
;D  You are the King, after all.  My most humble thanks to your Majesty. ;D

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 01:48:54 PM »
TA's religion is not having a religion...and he is more fanatical about it than the most religious people on the planet.  

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 01:54:22 PM »
TA's religion is not having a religion...and he is more fanatical about it than the most religious people on the planet.  
thats ta's downfall otherwise hes a likeable guy
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »
Moron.  Atheism is the absence of religion its not a belief.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 01:57:12 PM »
I find it amusing to point how perpetually stupid the religious are and how they contribute absolutely nothing to society because of their religion.  Religion still has a large stranglehold on society and culture, particularly in the Middle East.  No good comes from any religion. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 02:00:11 PM »
muslims seems to have a more inferior religion wich makes them and there religion doubly inferior

im a fan of the "god is probably out there in some shape or form or physics equation religion""
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 02:01:12 PM »
I lean towards deism. Although I still leave it ultimately to my interpretation.

Deism (i/ˈdiː.ɪzəm/ or /ˈdeɪ.ɪzəm/) is the belief that reason and observation of the natural world are sufficient to determine the existence of God, accompanied with the rejection of revelation and authority as a source of religious knowledge Deism gained prominence in the 17th and 18th centuries during the Age of Enlightenment—especially in Britain, France, Germany, and in the United States—among intellectuals raised as Christians who believed in one god, but found fault with organized religion and did not believe in supernatural events such as miracles, the inerrancy of scriptures, or the Trinity.

Deism is derived from deus, the Latin word for god. The earliest known usage in print of the English term deist is 1621, and deism is first found in a 1675 dictionary. Deistic ideas influenced several leaders of the American and French Revolutions. Two main forms of deism currently exist: classical deism and modern deism.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 02:09:36 PM »
muslims seems to have a more inferior religion wich makes them and there religion doubly inferior

im a fan of the "god is probably out there in some shape or form or physics equation religion""
Muslims pray to the exact same god as Christians do and they recognize Jesus Christ as a prophet.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 02:10:48 PM »
I lean towards deism. Although I still leave it ultimately to my interpretation.

Deism (i/ˈdiː.ɪzəm/ or /ˈdeɪ.ɪzəm/) is the belief that reason and observation of the natural world are sufficient to determine the existence of God, accompanied with the rejection of revelation and authority as a source of religious knowledge Deism gained prominence in the 17th and 18th centuries during the Age of Enlightenment—especially in Britain, France, Germany, and in the United States—among intellectuals raised as Christians who believed in one god, but found fault with organized religion and did not believe in supernatural events such as miracles, the inerrancy of scriptures, or the Trinity.

Deism is derived from deus, the Latin word for god. The earliest known usage in print of the English term deist is 1621, and deism is first found in a 1675 dictionary. Deistic ideas influenced several leaders of the American and French Revolutions. Two main forms of deism currently exist: classical deism and modern deism.

Just as moronic.  Where is your evidence or proof for any of this?  Why would you automatically believe something you have no evidence for as a default setting?  That does not make any sense.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 02:11:52 PM »
Muslims pray to the exact same god as Christians do and they recognize Jesus Christ as a prophet.

People are always shocked when I tell them this lol

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 02:15:37 PM »
Just as moronic.  Where is your evidence or proof for any of this?  Why would you automatically believe something you have no evidence for as a default setting?  That does not make any sense.
Not saying I did. I said I leaned closest to deism. I do not believe in the bible or organized religion. I do feel that there are things that are hard for science to explain. It is the ultimate enigma. All one has to do is look at the universe. What is the purpose of it?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 02:19:58 PM »
People are always shocked when I tell them this lol

It's easy to shock those with no knowledge on the subject.   You can make up all kinds of things.

TA is wrong though.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
Not saying I did. I said I leaned closest to deism. I do not believe in the bible or organized religion. I do feel that there are things that are hard for science to explain. It is the ultimate enigma. All one has to do is look at the universe. What is the purpose of it?
Why do you think there has to be a purpose?  Furthermore, if a question is unanswered, why can`t you just say it is unanswered as of now.  Why would you default to the Supernatural?  That is a moronic thing to do.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 02:23:39 PM »
It's easy to shock those with no knowledge on the subject.   You can make up all kinds of things.

TA is wrong though.
Wrong about what?  That Muslims and Christians pray to the same god and both recognize Jesus Christ as a Prophet?

CichirelloMagnet

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 02:27:36 PM »

They don't actually. I have a degree in Religious Studies (focus on Islamic, Hebraic, Mormon, and Hindu Thought) and a Masters in Christian Thought. As exciting and useful as they sound.

Anywho, Muslims do not pray to the Christian God, neither do Jews or Mormons. In Christianity, one must believe that Jesus is God. If you don't believe that he is God, then you're not a Christian and you believe something else. It's just the reality of the faith and thought.

Muslims believe Jesus was a prophet and not God, didn't die on the cross, didn't die for the sins of humanity, wasn't resurrected. That's nearly as far away from the Christian understanding of God as you can get. Jews hold the same position, though not the prophet aspect, most Jews acknowledge Jesus as a good teacher.

Again, not a big deal to not believe Jesus of Nazareth was God. But, if you don't, then you're not worshiping the same God as Christians do.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 02:27:58 PM »
Why do you think there has to be a purpose?  Furthermore, if a question is unanswered, why can`t you just say it is unanswered as of now.  Why would you default to the Supernatural?  That is a moronic thing to do.
Life in itself does not make sense. What are we all doing here? What purpose does life serve in the scheme of things? Science will never explain that.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2013, 02:38:18 PM »
Wrong about what?  That Muslims and Christians pray to the same god and both recognize Jesus Christ as a Prophet?

Muslims and Christians do not pray to the same God. 

Yes, Muslims recognize Christ as prophet, but they also claim him as the coming Messiah that will come to destroy the cross of Christianity.  Muslims do not believe in the Christian Trinity of God (Father, Son and Spirit).  They fully deny the divinity of Christ and therefore deny the full essence of the Christian God.  Muslims pray to Allah who has no partners.   Jews and the first Christians identified Christ as a prophet, but also a teacher, the Messiah, the Son of God and risen Lord.  Christians identify Jesus Christ as fully man and fully God.....coined under the term the hypostatic union. 

Muslims also claim that prophet Abraham, prophet Moses, prophet Jesus were all Muslim and worshipped Allah(Allah....Elah....Elohim. ..some bridge the gap this way).   

Christ said that before Abraham was I AM.  I AM is the eternal name of God derived from YHWH.....Yahweh.....Jeho vah. 

Not the same.