Author Topic: "This is the End" returning to theaters!  (Read 2096 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
"This is the End" returning to theaters!
« on: September 08, 2013, 11:49:26 AM »
I heard it's a great movie, I think I'll watch it this time around.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/09/03/this-is-the-end-returning-to-theaters/

Good news for those who were left wanting more after The Comedy Central Roast of James Franco last night: This Is the End, the disaster apocalypse movie starring Franco, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, and others playing themselves, will return to theaters Sept. 6, Sony announced today.
James Franco's Comedy Central roast: The 26 best lines 'This Is the End': Seth Rogen on film's warm welcome and subconscious 'Ghostbusters' vibe EW's 2013 Summer Movie Awards!
The well-reviewed R-rated comedy has made $96.8 million to date at the domestic box office since opening June 12. This re-release is likely a push to get the film over the $100 million benchmark; stars and producers typically have bonus deals in place if a movie hits that amount.
“This Is the End really struck a chord with comedy moviegoers this summer,” Rory Bruer, president of Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures, said in a press release. “For everyone who didn't get a chance to see it — or saw it and loved it and wants to see it again on the big screen — we are thrilled to have it back in theaters.”

cephissus

• Getbig V
Re: "This is the End" returning to theaters!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 11:51:10 AM »
???

completely mediocre, half-assed cash in

has absolutely no business returning to theaters, 3/5 movie at best, probably more like 2/5

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 11:53:20 AM »
???

has absolutely no business returning to theaters, 3/5 movie at best, probably more like 2/5

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ read

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 11:57:16 AM »
I heard it's a great movie, I think I'll watch it this time around.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/09/03/this-is-the-end-returning-to-theaters/

Good news for those who were left wanting more after The Comedy Central Roast of James Franco last night: This Is the End, the disaster apocalypse movie starring Franco, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, and others playing themselves, will return to theaters Sept. 6, Sony announced today.
James Franco's Comedy Central roast: The 26 best lines 'This Is the End': Seth Rogen on film's warm welcome and subconscious 'Ghostbusters' vibe EW's 2013 Summer Movie Awards!
The well-reviewed R-rated comedy has made $96.8 million to date at the domestic box office since opening June 12. This re-release is likely a push to get the film over the $100 million benchmark; stars and producers typically have bonus deals in place if a movie hits that amount.
“This Is the End really struck a chord with comedy moviegoers this summer,” Rory Bruer, president of Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures, said in a press release. “For everyone who didn't get a chance to see it — or saw it and loved it and wants to see it again on the big screen — we are thrilled to have it back in theaters.”

Cswol not in it....not worth watching

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 12:05:16 PM »
???

Got that right.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 12:09:18 PM »
The showtimes in my city are nuts, they going full force pushing it.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 12:29:52 PM »
Never heard of this film.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 12:32:40 PM »
Maybe we should all go watch it and discuss why it's in theaters twice when an overwhelmingly number of people thought it didn't deem being brought back or never heard of it?

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 12:40:30 PM »
Why can't every wearisome movie be hyped up and permitted a second theatrical release?     :D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 12:52:21 PM »
Why can't every wearisome movie be hyped up and permitted a second theatrical release?     :D

Good point!  What makes this one so special?  I'll find out at 2:15 here when I go watch and return home to discuss it in detail.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2013, 12:54:41 PM »
 ;D ;D I thought it was funny

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2013, 12:55:37 PM »
How many more times do we have to watch these 'actors' playing the same characters?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2013, 01:00:21 PM »
Maybe we should all go watch it and discuss why it's in theaters twice when an overwhelmingly number of people thought it didn't deem being brought back or never heard of it?

Kind of like the movie "Red 2", its like, woah, I didn't even see the first one, and I thought it didn't do well, why make a sequel?" It must be part of the illuminati brainwashing that's going on.

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
That movie was horrible.

Who's dick does Franco suck?

Why is this guy a big deal?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 02:04:46 PM »
That movie was horrible.

Who's dick does Franco suck?

Why is this guy a big deal?

I'm thinking it was mostly a hit with teenagers, who seem to enjoy endless dick jokes.