Author Topic: 2013 NFL Thread  (Read 24604 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: 2013 NFL Thread
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2013, 12:13:05 PM »
Giants deserve to be 0-2.  Could be a bumpy year.
The whole NFC East looks iffy.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 12:18:09 PM »
The whole NFC East looks iffy.

That's the only thing giving hope right now.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 09:16:23 AM »
eagles stunk it up last night lost 26-16 to big red. looks like the dark years are back. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
F

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 01:54:50 PM »
eagles stunk it up last night lost 26-16 to big red. looks like the dark years are back. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
AFC EAST is better  :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 02:22:52 PM »
I'm sensing a pattern here.  A 23-year-old kid with too much time on his hands and a lot of money in the bank.  I wish those knuckleheads could stay out of trouble.  Except for anyone who plays for the Dallas Cowboys. 

Aldon Smith suspected of DUI
Updated: September 20, 2013
ESPN.com news services

SAN FRANCISCO -- Authorities say San Francisco 49ers All Pro linebacker Aldon Smith is out of jail following his arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence and marijuana possession.

Aldon Smith's Off-Field Troubles
Aldon Smith has faced a series of issues off the field since the 49ers drafted him with the 7th overall pick in 2011.

• Jan. 2012: Arrested in Miami on DUI (charges later reduced)

• June 2012: Stabbed during party at his house

• Sept. 2013: Named in lawsuit by man who said he was shot during party at Smith's house

• Friday: Arrested in San Jose on suspicion of DUI

Santa Clara County Sheriff's Sgt. Kurtis Stenderup says Smith posted $5,250 bail on Friday morning, just hours after he was taken into custody by police responding to a solo vehicle crash involving a pickup truck in San Jose's Silver Creek area.

Police say Smith was arrested after officers gave him a breathalyzer test and determined he was under the influence.

The 49ers said in a statement that the team is aware of the matter and had no further comment. It's not clear whether Smith will play for the Niners when they host the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday.

The linebacker was also arrested on suspicion of drunken driving in Miami Beach in January 2012.

Smith has also been named in a lawsuit by a Northern California man who said he was shot during a party at Smith's house.

In the suit filed earlier this month in Santa Clara County Superior Court, David Kleczek, an attorney for Ronndale Esporlas, claims that Smith and former Niners tight end Delanie Walker fired weapons illegally during a party at Smith's San Jose home on June 29, 2012.

Aldon Smith was arrested on DUI and marijuana charges early Friday. The talented defensive end needs to get his life under control before he blows his chance at a special NFL career, Bill Williamson writes. Blog

The players charged a $10 admission and $5 per drink, the lawsuit said. Smith, 23, and Walker, who is also named in the suit, were allegedly intoxicated on Smith's balcony when they later fired gunshots in the air while trying to end the party, the lawsuit said.

Kleczek said they then moved to the driveway where he alleged more shots were fired. Esporlas, 21, was shot twice in the leg while he was "caught in the crossfire between the two groups of people firing gunshots at each other," the lawsuit said.

As a result, Esporlas, "sustained serious, catastrophic and permanent injuries," the lawsuit said. The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.

Attorneys for Smith and Walker, 29, have said Esporlas "freely and voluntarily exposed himself to all risks of harm" by attending the party.

They say injuries suffered by Esporlas, who was shot in the leg, were not caused by the defendants.

Santa Clara County prosecutors have said they are considering criminal charges.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9698010/aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-arrested-suspicion-dui

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2013, 09:36:41 AM »
Good lawd the Giants suck  ;D At least when the Patriots have problems, they go 3-0.  :-*

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2013, 07:14:51 AM »
Giants 0-4, Patriots 4-0  :-*

Flacco has gone back to being mediocre. The Ravens will either trade/cut him before his deal is done. Horrible contract.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2013, 09:34:40 AM »
Good lawd the Giants suck  ;D At least when the Patriots have problems, they go 3-0.  :-*

That's what happens when you get an easy schedule every year.
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2013, 03:07:17 PM »
iggles win, IGGLES WINNNNNN ;D ;D ;D ;D well at least they beat the giants and are now 2-3 if cowboys lose to bronkos there's a two way time in the nfl least.....
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2013, 03:08:15 PM »
iggles win, IGGLES WINNNNNN ;D ;D ;D ;D well at least they beat the giants and are now 2-3 if cowboys lose to broncos there's a two way time in the nfl least.....
F

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2013, 03:18:05 PM »
Patriots offense looked like a mess today  :-X  Defense played really well on the road.

They better score more than 6 points against the Saints next week.  :'(

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2013, 03:19:02 PM »
Chiefs impressive and oh  ::)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2013, 05:24:11 PM »
Ravens showing how it's done today.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2013, 05:27:56 PM »
Ravens showing how it's done today.
It was the Dolphins. Dont get too excited. Fluko still looks like shit.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2013, 06:59:16 PM »
It was the Dolphins. Dont get too excited. Fluko still looks like shit.

Stifle yourself clown, Brady didn't do shit yesterday either.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2013, 08:16:42 PM »
didnt really get to see much of the Seahawks/Colts game but seems like it was a great game.
2 great qb's in their sophomore year. S-hawks have a great d fence and running back....just need more of a receiving threat and they'll be elite!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2013, 09:10:17 PM »
A couple other QBs are on the verge of getting benched in Houston and Carolina. 

Kaepernick is struggling, but he should get better when Manninham and Crabtree come back. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2013, 05:54:56 PM »
Geeze Louise.  Who does he think he is, Pacman Jones??

Aldon Smith charged with felonies
Updated: October 9, 2013
Associated Press

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was charged Wednesday with three felony counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon, stemming from a party at his home in June 2012.

The Santa Clara County district attorney's office said in announcing the charges that Smith, 24, is expected to surrender later this month. He is on an indefinite leave of absence from the defending NFC champion 49ers while undergoing treatment for substance abuse at an in-patient facility following a DUI arrest Sept. 20.

"We've been aware of the incident, the serious nature of it. We're all accountable for our actions, good and bad," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Wednesday. "There's a process, due process, that will take place. I don't feel any need to comment further on it."

When asked whether Smith -- who set a franchise record with 19.5 sacks last season -- would play again this season, Harbaugh said only, "I don't have any need to further comment on it."

On Monday, the coach said he had traded a few text messages with Smith, saying, "Heard that things are going very well, very positive reports back."

If convicted, Smith could face up to four years and four months in jail, the district attorney's office said.

"The preamble to the assault weapons law states that each assault weapon 'has such a high rate of fire and capacity for firepower that its function as a legitimate sports or recreational firearm is substantially outweighed by the danger that it can be used to kill and injure human beings,'" District Attorney Jeff Rosen said. "California's prohibition of these powerful weapons is not about hunting or target practice. It is about interrupting the long history of death, carnage and grief assault weapons have inflicted on California communities."

Smith also is likely to face a suspension from the NFL, perhaps pushed back to next season or after his legal issues are resolved.

"The 49ers organization is aware of the recent developments with Aldon arising from an incident at his home in 2012," the team said in a statement Wednesday. "We recognize the serious nature of this situation, as does Aldon, and will continue to monitor it closely. As this is an ongoing legal matter, we will have no further comment."

Last month, Smith and former teammate Delanie Walker were named in a lawsuit filed in Santa Clara County Superior Court by a Northern California man who said he was shot at a party at Smith's house on June 29, 2012.

The players charged a $10 admission and $5 per drink, the lawsuit said. Smith and now-Tennessee Titans tight end Walker, 29, were allegedly intoxicated when they fired gunshots into the air off a balcony while trying to end the party, the lawsuit said.

Before the 2012 home opener last September, Smith was a passenger in a car during an accident in Santa Clara County in which the driver swerved to avoid hitting a deer. Smith sustained a cut beneath his right eyebrow. He apologized and insisted he had grown up.

Smith, selected seventh overall in the 2011 draft out of Missouri, had previously been arrested on suspicion of DUI in January 2012 in Miami shortly after the 49ers lost in the NFC title game.

He is on the reserve non-football injury list while in rehab, and there is no NFL minimum for number of games he must miss while on the list.

Smith played in a 27-7 home loss to the Indianapolis Colts on Sept. 22 and had five tackles just two days after he was arrested and jailed on suspicion of DUI and marijuana possession. Smith apologized for his behavior after the game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9798105/aldon-smith-san-francisco-49ers-hit-felony-gun-charges

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2013, 11:20:40 AM »
giants 0 wins 6 L's :o :o :o
F

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2013, 02:56:47 PM »
Jeezus, who is the moron that hired Shannon Brown as an announcer/commentator.  This dude can hardly speak.  It's so hard for him just to spit words out of his mouth.  Very hard to listen to as well.  

He'll struggle to say something and then just stop talking in the middle of a sentence.  WTF?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2013, 03:18:57 PM »
Jeezus, who is the moron that hired Shannon Brown as an announcer/commentator.  This dude can hardly speak.  It's so hard for him just to spit words out of his mouth.  Very hard to listen to as well.  

He'll struggle to say something and then just stop talking in the middle of a sentence.  WTF?
phil simms is no wordsmith either. iggles win nick foles QBs and all of a sudden riley cooper becomes part of the offense instead of the last option.HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMM????????
F

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2013, 05:37:55 PM »
Fuck the packers.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2013, 05:46:52 PM »

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2013, 05:35:38 AM »
giants 0 wins 6 L's :o :o :o
I actually feel bad for Eli, and I'm an Eagles fan too!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2013, 12:08:53 PM »
Not shedding any tears for Eli.  Luckiest QB in the NFL.