Author Topic: Islam at it again. Syrian rebels threaten to behead Christians who don't convert  (Read 389 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Syrian Rebels Threaten Christians In Captured Village: “Either You Convert To Islam Or You Will Be Beheaded”

AMMAN, Jordan (AP) — Syrian rebels led by al-Qaida-linked fighters seized control of a predominantly Christian village northeast of Damascus, sweeping into the mountainside sanctuary in heavy fighting overnight and forcing hundreds of residents to flee, activists and locals said Sunday.

The battle over Maaloula, an ancient village that is home to two of the oldest surviving monasteries in Syria, has thrown a spotlight on the deep-seated fears that many of Syria’s religious minorities harbor about the growing role of Islamic extremists on the rebel side in the civil war against President Bashar Assad’s regime. [...]

“Where is President Obama to see what befallen on us?” asked the man, who fled the village on Sunday. He declined to give his name out of fear for his safety.

Another resident who escaped earlier in the day said Assad’s forces were deployed on the outskirts of the village, while gunmen inside refused to allow anybody in. He said that one of the churches, called Demyanos, had been torched and that gunmen stormed into two other churches and robbed them.

A third resident reached by phone said he saw militants forcing some Christian residents to convert to Islam.

“I saw the militants grabbing five villagers Wednesday and threatening them: `Either you convert to Islam or you will be beheaded,’” he said.

The two other residents said they heard rumors about such conversions but did not see them. The reports could not be independently verified. All three residents spoke on condition of anonymity out of fear of retaliation.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_SYRIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-09-08-05-37-13

More Muslims being Muslims.  ::)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Syrian Rebels Threaten Christians In Captured Village: “Either You Convert To Islam Or You Will Be Beheaded”

AMMAN, Jordan (AP) — Syrian rebels led by al-Qaida-linked fighters seized control of a predominantly Christian village northeast of Damascus, sweeping into the mountainside sanctuary in heavy fighting overnight and forcing hundreds of residents to flee, activists and locals said Sunday.

The battle over Maaloula, an ancient village that is home to two of the oldest surviving monasteries in Syria, has thrown a spotlight on the deep-seated fears that many of Syria’s religious minorities harbor about the growing role of Islamic extremists on the rebel side in the civil war against President Bashar Assad’s regime. [...]

“Where is President Obama to see what befallen on us?” asked the man, who fled the village on Sunday. He declined to give his name out of fear for his safety.

Another resident who escaped earlier in the day said Assad’s forces were deployed on the outskirts of the village, while gunmen inside refused to allow anybody in. He said that one of the churches, called Demyanos, had been torched and that gunmen stormed into two other churches and robbed them.

A third resident reached by phone said he saw militants forcing some Christian residents to convert to Islam.

“I saw the militants grabbing five villagers Wednesday and threatening them: `Either you convert to Islam or you will be beheaded,’” he said.

The two other residents said they heard rumors about such conversions but did not see them. The reports could not be independently verified. All three residents spoke on condition of anonymity out of fear of retaliation.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_SYRIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-09-08-05-37-13

More Muslims being Muslims.  ::)

That religion is so fucked up.

No wonder they have to force people to join them.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
That religion is so fucked up.

No wonder they have to force people to join them.
so why would you support an attack by the Obama admin that's going to most likely give "that fucked up religion" full reign to destroy and slaughter people of other muslim sects or other religions?  That's what's going to happen.  That's not a fucking joke and not something just being said for the hell of it.  Already many have fled because they fear exactly that.  The Christians and muslims sects that don't fit will be killed in mass.  Way more women and children than killed in this last gas attack.  All for the gas attack we can't even prove and we're suppose to just take their word on. ::)

They tell us Assad is guilty because it passes "the common sense test"  WTF is that?  Fuck, at least Powell showed up with 10 year old info to make his case lol....  Now we just say fuck you, it's true but you can't see it.  ::) They can't even give the people the info to judge for themselves?  They ask people to back "common sense" but won't release the most basic evidence in the case?

Come on Whork... you can't be backing this.

As it is now, hate him or not, I don't get how it isn't in the best interest of Syrians to have a guy like Assad in power and even the guys who don't like him don't seem to want America entering the war.  If you can find vids of Syrian civilians cheering for an American Attack on Assad, by all means, post it.  I couldn't find them.  I found plenty of people saying they don't want America involved but not so much the other way.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
so why would you support an attack by the Obama admin that's going to most likely give "that fucked up religion" full reign to destroy and slaughter people of other muslim sects or other religions?  That's what's going to happen.  That's not a fucking joke and not something just being said for the hell of it.  Already many have fled because they fear exactly that.  The Christians and muslims sects that don't fit will be killed in mass.  Way more women and children than killed in this last gas attack.  All for the gas attack we can't even prove and we're suppose to just take their word on. ::)

They tell us Assad is guilty because it passes "the common sense test"  WTF is that?  Fuck, at least Powell showed up with 10 year old info to make his case lol....  Now we just say fuck you, it's true but you can't see it.  ::) They can't even give the people the info to judge for themselves?  They ask people to back "common sense" but won't release the most basic evidence in the case?

As it is now, hate him or not, I don't get how it isn't in the best interest of Syrians to have a guy like Assad in power and even the guys who don't like him don't seem to want America entering the war.  If you can find vids of Syrian civilians cheering for an American Attack on Assad, by all means, post it.  I couldn't find them.  I found plenty of people saying they don't want America involved but not so much the other way.

There are pictures and articles of FSA members lobbying for American intervention. Al-Nusra and the other jihadist groups have come out and said they don't support us intervening because we'll be pushing our own agenda and it doesn't have the Sharia state they're looking to build in mind.

Assad's a dick but he's a secular dick who largely left minority groups alone in Syria. The Muslim rebels have already shown their penchant for massacring said minorities in areas they take over.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

I hope Assad and the rebels fight for so long the eventual vinner is to devastated to wage any kind of terror/war.

But letting a guy use chemical weapons on civilians is another matter.

Right now i support the russian solution where Syria hands over there chemical weapons. Then they can fight it out as they please.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

I hope Assad and the rebels fight for so long the eventual vinner is to devastated to wage any kind of terror/war.

But letting a guy use chemical weapons on civilians is another matter.

Right now i support the russian solution where Syria hands over there chemical weapons. Then they can fight it out as they please.

Ok, using chemical weapons is another matter you say... So you have some kind of proof that Assad ordered the sarin gas attack?  I'd like to see it because so far all I have is dumbasses telling us that it happened because it's "common sense" it did ::)  Oh and for some reason they have also managed to fit in the idea that if we don't attack them now, we'll get gassed or nuked here ::)  Gee, I heard that somewhere before ::)

And that's kinda fucked up to just hope these guys fight so long there is nothing left.  There's Christian and various other small villages that will be wiped out because we fueled a fire for a goal that we're not allowed to talk about that could blow into a global conflict that nobody in the media wants to talk about bla bla bla...  oh, great then....

Not even cool, any of this shit.  We don't belong in this and we sure as shit shouldn't have been fueling it if we were and it looks like we might have from the start.